SDF-1 3D Model + 3D Print [SD Machine Style]

UN_MARINE

I adjusted the canopy part so it installs better - the canopy will slide right in, after the control tower halves are secured together, no more need to trap it inside before painting.

Looks like it'll go together with minimal effort, except for the "snap-of-doom" in the hip segment. We'll know for sure as soon as the new test prints are done.

SDF1_ASSY_63a.thumb.jpg.ec265bc1a88a298a55f62982260db277.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Why are you not selling these?

They really look incredible!

Digital distribution seems like the easiest way to go, but I'm willing to print & ship to anybody who wants one*. :D

*Colors may vary (based on how much of the specific color filament required is still available).

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, navratilova said:

ok, where can i buy the files? or can you print it as well? how big this baby can be print? 

I'm looking into digital distribution for the files, or printing & shipping - depends on which is more cost-effective for you.

It can be scaled up or down. In theory, you can print one that's 5 feet tall, if you had the resources to do it. :D

21 hours ago, coronadlux said:

Wow. That's a lot of parts. Nonetheless, I'm still itching to print it.

Yup, 135 parts. Hopefully your printers are much smarter than mine - less cleanup work! :lol:

7 hours ago, navratilova said:

ok, global pipe holder. when this will be available for sale? can't wait to print my 5 feet tall SDF-1!!!

I just need to work on the manual, then it'll be ready for distribution.

3 hours ago, MechTech said:

This model looks great! I'm not into SD models, but yours looks great! Nice clean engineering too. - MT

Thanks!

I'll work my way up to a properly proportioned project eventually, I just figured this one would take the least amount of time to complete. :D

Here's a look at the RMBO. The layout process might take a while (been swamped at work lately), but it's still chugging along.

SDF1_CONNTOWER_ASSY_PLUS_E_LO.thumb.jpg.58a433c07d9f0488a4d3e7fc1494f3a6.jpg

On 10/16/2019 at 12:43 PM, navratilova said:

any chance you could make the main cannons a bit longer? they always appear super long in the series

I think the cannon proportions are OK. It's SD after all. :D

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, navratilova said:

pipe holder, any news on the file release of your SDF-1 joke machine? we haven't heard nothing from you in months

That's not his name but member rank. It'd be like me calling you cannon fodder vs navratilova. It's only been a month since his last post and he stated he was busy at work so I'd just wait.

Edited by wmkjr

On 11/25/2019 at 8:57 AM, navratilova said:

so whats his name then? 

UN_MARINE. Member's names are located above their rank in bigger font on desktop. Seen it happen many times usually with new members and may get confusing when there are members replying with the same rank in the thread. A perfect example would be UN_MARINE, ScrambledValkyrie, coronadlux in the posts above. At this time, all the same rank and right next to each other.

Edited by wmkjr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...