Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

On 8/3/2020 at 7:15 PM, Lolicon said:

Oh I just remembered I still have that 10% coupon from HLJ. Might be worth it now to get it there instead of Amazon...

Dude! Thank you for saying that. I completely forgot about an HLJ discount code I had. Dropped the price below AE. I had to cancel my original PO to apply it, but since Arcadia toys don't get scalped, I'm in good shape. :good:

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Hi, my name is sqidd and I'm a Macross-Holic.

I'm not a fan of the VF-4 in Battroid or Gerwalk. And Fighter is "ok" (all personal opinion of course). And I also don't have a good way to display it. My Hikaru shelf is chock full and I don't have any "random" shelves. Everything has a theme. In the case of Macross either by what show they're from or character (which is usually the same thing).

But my addiction addled brain keeps whispering to me "Get a couple. You know you want to. What if you regret it later? Everyone is doing it".:rofl:

You know you want to. What if you regret it later? Everyone is doing it. Honestly, the VF-4 has grown on me over the years. I have a perfectly nice Yamato version, plus the HMR Hikaru, and I couldn't resist. I'm justifying it by saying that I'll take my Yamato to work. You know, the office I don't spend much time in because of the pandemic.

11 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

So..... I preordered from AE this morning. Should I not have?  Now I’m worried. I had a horrible experience with NY trying to get my DX Strike Parts so I vowed never again for them. Is AE just as bad?

AE is okay. They don't oversell their stock like NY sometimes does and they get their shipments relatively quickly after release, so you tend to get an "available to ship" notice within a few days. The two biggest problems with them are:

1. I don't think they offer standard courier services like FedEx, UPS, or DHL. That means you either have to let them hang onto orders until Japan Post opens up shipping again or have them ship to a domestic Tenso address, then have Tenso ship to you via DHL, which adds to the total cost of your order. They were offering some kind of sketchy no-name courier service that wanted lots of personal info, but given that it is sketchy, I don't think many people took them up on it. Please correct me if the shipping situation at AE has improved since I last checked.
  2. Their customer service is not very good. If they reply at all, it can take some time (I've had decent luck) and you are on your own if there is a quality issue with your order. They refused to get replacement parts for the Arcadia SV-51, leaving MW members to figure out how to contact Arcadia directly--in Japanese--to get the parts. Contrast that will several other stores like HLJ and (gasp) NY, who contacted Arcadia, obtained the parts, and shipped them to customers. HLJ did it at no cost. NY charged for shipping. That's what differentiates the two stores for me and why HLJ got my order.
Edited by Anasazi37

21 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Oh yeah, they are set pretty far back from the edge of the intakes, aren't they?

I wonder why. It's not a technical limitation.  They were able to print them right to the edge on the VF-0's.

I think it's just a case of following the animation, really.

vf4screen.jpg

To be entirely fair though, it's not like there isn't a real life precedent either.  In days gone by, there would be a bare-metal lip around the intakes, or some other dividing line they could run up against, but that's gone now.

11.jpg

On the other hand though, just because something is accurate doesn't mean it isn't aesthetically displeasing. :p  I think the markings just look awkward placed that far back from the edge with nothing else to break up the blank space on the side of the nacelle.

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think it's just a case of following the animation, really.

vf4screen.jpg

But it looks like it's pretty much up to the edge there as well. On the toy, it's set a lot further back.

Okay, they must have that marking in various positions on the same toy or they are taking pictures of different toy.

This is pretty far:

aca82154_5.jpg

But this is like the animation or pretty close enough that I find it acceptable:

aca82154_4.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

45 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That can be a tough call, but in the end, only you can say which choice is worth it for you.

Personally, it was an easy choice for me. I'd rather save some money and decal up the 4A myself, which would be mostly the No Step's, BoB's, and some other standard small print stuff since all the major markings appear to already be included on the regular version. I can probably do a better job doing the panel lining than some random factory worker also. I wasn't satisfied with either the panel lining or the weathering on the PF 0D and wished it just came with all the tampo printing instead.

Of course some factory schlub isn't going to do as good a job as someone with your level of skill and experience lol

But all the more reason for me to get a standard edition and PF and see which ends up better looking. :D

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I think you and I and maybe others have saved the most money over several years using cheapest shipping while still ending up receiving all items in good condition.  The total of all that extra money goes to more toys or it makes the items that were bought to become much cheaper priced.

Yeah, seems like a no-brainer to me but I get that different things matter to different people. 

I’m definitely tired of correcting all the misinformation about them and don’t really care anymore. They used to have lower prices across the board and I was consistently able to get items from NY shipped for less than most other shops were charging for the items without shipping. I don’t see how that doesn’t make up for “gouging” but again, I don’t care, lol. Thing is, they are starting to have less discounts on their preorders and end of day, I don’t care what shop I order from as long as they deliver and I get the lowest price. I’m finding some items for cheaper elsewhere now so I’ll go with them although using some of the other new shops, I’ve noticed other issues they have that bother me so will just see how it all goes...

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You guys making consider getting a second PF. :wacko:

Nothing wrong with the HMR version!

50187866433_f56545f0d7_o.jpg

The HMR version also has the intake triangle set back from the lip.  It's just the toy is so small it's a very small gap as well.  But it's there.

10 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That can be a tough call, but in the end, only you can say which choice is worth it for you.

Personally, it was an easy choice for me. I'd rather save some money and decal up the 4A myself, which would be mostly the No Step's, BoB's, and some other standard small print stuff since all the major markings appear to already be included on the regular version. I can probably do a better job doing the panel lining than some random factory worker also. I wasn't satisfied with either the panel lining or the weathering on the PF 0D and wished it just came with all the tampo printing instead.

i like the tampos but for some reason the panel lining looked a bit too dark/thick without the weathering on the premium display sample. Like you mentioned prior, i hope the panel lines aren't as shallow as on the VF-X color...

from the sample pics, it's hard to tell, but it looks like nothing was changed at all. maybe the panel lines are the same depth.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I actually had no interest in the normal release.  VF-4 is cool but my HMR is enough because I just can't hang with the Gerwalk or Battroid on this Valk.  BUT the PF version sealed it for me with the panel lines.  Love it.  This thing will look glorious in Fighter.

I noticed that some of the markings that are on both  are actually different between the 2 versions. Look at the “101” and ejection seat arrow and instruction markings. The premium finish versions are larger than the standard versions.

01939E0D-A3C0-4A7F-AD1E-CD8A59EFCD35.jpeg.14bedf766011b8caf744e6e70c255c75.jpeg
C745FDFF-6925-400C-859E-1367C2C0730D.jpeg.7c34c14e4ed53b1b78ac645f29ab8356.jpeg

Looks like the only Major marking missing from the standard version is the Megaroad One marking on the ventral stabs. I’d really like the PF version but really don’t want to deal with proxy services. AJ has never done me wrong yet and they use fast shipping. That being said still apprehensive about putting in an order as they cannot be canceled after the 31st of this month and then the PF is offered from other standard stores.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

11 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I noticed that some of the markings that are on both  are actually different between the 2 versions. Look at the “101” and ejection seat arrow and instruction markings. The premium finish versions are larger than the standard versions.

01939E0D-A3C0-4A7F-AD1E-CD8A59EFCD35.jpeg.14bedf766011b8caf744e6e70c255c75.jpeg
C745FDFF-6925-400C-859E-1367C2C0730D.jpeg.7c34c14e4ed53b1b78ac645f29ab8356.jpeg

Looks like the only Major marking missing from the standard version is the Megaroad One marking on the ventral stabs. I’d really like the PF version but really don’t want to deal with proxy services. AJ has never done me wrong yet and they use fast shipping. That being said still apprehensive about putting in an order as they cannot be canceled after the 31st of this month and then the PF is offered from other standard stores.

Chris

Dumb question (but I haven't looked for the answer myself): Is there a Hikaru pilot included in the normal version?  Surprised to see the pilot missing in the normal ver pic.

4 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Dumb question (but I haven't looked for the answer myself): Is there a Hikaru pilot included in the normal version?  Surprised to see the pilot missing in the normal ver pic.

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=303

■付属品:パイロットフィギュア/可動式ハンドパーツ/
スタンド用アタッチメント/ガンポッド/マーキングステッカー/取扱説明書

■Accessories: Pilot figure/movable hand parts/
Attachment for stand/gun pod/marking sticker/instruction manual

2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Thanks!  Would be pretty crazy if they didn't include the pilot.  But thought it was interesting that it wasn't in the pic.

Arcadia's promo-pics sometimes are, shall we say, rather inaccurate sometimes (cue early VF-0D non-PF pics) ....

12 minutes ago, treatment said:

Arcadia's promo-pics sometimes are, shall we say, rather inaccurate sometimes (cue early VF-0D non-PF pics) ....

Or the PF 0D they showed to the actual. Or the non-PF VF-0S, they showed a bunch of markings including the modex printed on the nose and wing and U.N Spacy on the legs and the toy had none of that. To be fair, stuff like the skull emblem on the heat shield and tail fins are obviously stickers, but they did tampo print those on the actual toy at least.

Heck, the non-PF VF-4A might have none of the markings they showed either for all we know. Their pictures can be extremely misleading.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Thanks!  Would be pretty crazy if they didn't include the pilot.  But thought it was interesting that it wasn't in the pic.

I was starting to think that Arcadia is trying to be more like Bandai. Not only did they announce a web-exclusive PF version shortly after people started placing orders for the regular one, but they left the pilot out of the promotional pictures. A lot like what happened with the recent DX Roy TV announcements (valk and armor). The web exclusive armor was a surprise announcement only two days after the valk announcement. Pictures of the valk with the armor were pilot-less. One could argue that Bandai was trying to stick with canon since Roy wasn't around by the time the armor was available, but I don't know if that's true since they aren't scared to disregard canon when it suits them. <_<

39 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I was starting to think that Arcadia is trying to be more like Bandai. Not only did they announce a web-exclusive PF version shortly after people started placing orders for the regular one, but they left the pilot out of the promotional pictures. A lot like what happened with the recent DX Roy TV announcements (valk and armor). The web exclusive armor was a surprise announcement only two days after the valk announcement. Pictures of the valk with the armor were pilot-less. One could argue that Bandai was trying to stick with canon since Roy wasn't around by the time the armor was available, but I don't know if that's true since they aren't scared to disregard canon when it suits them. <_<

I guess nothing should surprise us these days living in Bizarro World.  :crazy:  :rofl:

4 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Is the PF available anywhere?  Or is it a later release?

People have been ordering it through proxy services. 

See below:

On 8/3/2020 at 4:04 AM, F360 said:

https://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=302

1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-4A Lightning Ⅲ Kazuki Ichijo Boarding Machine Premiumu Finish

Scheduled to be released in February 2021

*This product is a pre-sale product.
This price is a reservation fee and the product list price is 38,280 yen (tax included) 

Commercialized VF-4 that appeared in "Macross Flash Back 2012" released in 1987.
The aircraft is deployed on the ultra-long-distance migrant ship "Megaroad-01", and the passengers are Kazuki Ichijo.

As a product, it can be changed into 3 forms and can also be attached to a stand sold separately.
"Premium u Finish" is a specification that the whole is inked and the parts are marked by tampo printing.

Although there is no external armament in the aircraft setting, movable hand parts and VF-1 gun pod (GU-11) are included.
Can be held in the hand.

■Materials: ABS, POM, zinc alloy, etc.

■Product size: Overall length about 290mm when fighting

■Package form: Closed box

■Package size: 300 X 370 X 140 (mm)

■Accessories: Pilot figure/movable hand parts/
Attachment for stand/gun pod/instruction manual

On 8/3/2020 at 9:51 PM, Lolicon said:

Just use From Japan. You don't have to create an Arcadia account or anything.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/

Create an account at FJ and then go here.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/urlOrder

Copy and paste the Arcadia URL for the PF VF-4, fill out the rest of the next page (it's all in English and very straightforward), submit, then wait for the email from From Japan confirming the order.

God, I need to went some steam. What is it with Japanese Webstores these days. I tried to order from HLJ (which is usually my go to store for regular releases) but their site doesn't let me checkout. And I won't order anything from NY (which is was my go to store for Japan only items) because I have three open order of released items that they are not processing for shipment. NY needs to proof to me that they are able to ship any of the items I payed for before I place any more orders with them.

Why do they make it so difficult for me to spend money with them, I don't understand!

Anyhow... I'm on board for this release but I somehow wished Arcadia would include the head sculpt Bandai put on the HMR Focker release. I know it is not canon but it would offer some variety between the different releases besides the paint job.

11 minutes ago, Scyla said:

God, I need to went some steam. What is it with Japanese Webstores these days. I tried to order from HLJ (which is usually my go to store for regular releases) but their site doesn't let me checkout. And I won't order anything from NY (which is was my go to store for Japan only items) because I have three open order of released items that they are not processing for shipment. NY needs to proof to me that they are able to ship any of the items I payed for before I place any more orders with them.

Why do they make it so difficult for me to spend money with them, I don't understand!

Anyhow... I'm on board for this release but I somehow wished Arcadia would include the head sculpt Bandai put on the HMR Focker release. I know it is not canon but it would offer some variety between the different releases besides the paint job.

You don't order from Amazon-Japan?

18 minutes ago, Scyla said:

God, I need to went some steam. What is it with Japanese Webstores these days. I tried to order from HLJ (which is usually my go to store for regular releases) but their site doesn't let me checkout.

I had that problem a few weeks ago when I tried to order a magazine. Ended up clearing out my browser cache and cookies and that seemed to do the trick. I contacted HLJ support about it as well and they told me to do the same thing. I first confirmed that it had nothing to do with my account by firing up a Linux virtual machine, using a "pristine" browser in there, and everything was fine. Their new site can be...glitchy.

9 minutes ago, treatment said:

You don't order from Amazon-Japan?

Amazon Japan is a solid option.

54 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, HLJ's site is a joke since they "upgraded it". Right now, not only is AJ a solid option, it should be the cheapest (pretty sure it is as far as I've seen)  and one of the fastest options.

I’ll echo the sentiment about Amazon Japan. If it’s available there for a regular price it’s the best option and...after shipping....very competitive if not the cheapest price....with fast shipping.

Chris