Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

1.5 years after I originally posted in this thread saying I'd wait for a sale---turns out it never really did go on sale, but the yen fell pretty hard against the dollar since then.  So I just finally ordered a VF-4.  :)  

the long game

14 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

1.5 years after I originally posted in this thread saying I'd wait for a sale---turns out it never really did go on sale, but the yen fell pretty hard against the dollar since then.  So I just finally ordered a VF-4.  :)  

Premium or Regular version?

On 9/27/2022 at 5:53 PM, David Hingtgen said:

Congratulations!

Honestly, this is one of my all time favorites at 1/60. I regret selling mine. But the second hand market isn't bad, IMO. 

It's here!  One missile had popped off (I was worried when I heard a piece rattling around inside) but it seems ok so far.   

F9526595-BDAE-4E1F-AE50-DDCD8EBFF05B.jpeg

Good thing I bought my mechanical pencil yesterday, I can start panel-lining it soon.  (after I get some experience handling/transforming it though)

27 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

It's here!  One missile had popped off (I was worried when I heard a piece rattling around inside) but it seems ok so far.   

F9526595-BDAE-4E1F-AE50-DDCD8EBFF05B.jpeg

Good thing I bought my mechanical pencil yesterday, I can start panel-lining it soon.  (after I get some experience handling/transforming it though)

Time to make your own homemade premium finish! 

I just got one of these for the first time a month or so ago.....After my 14 year old helped me put on the really small stickers, I have to say that it is an amazing design and the toy is very clean and I have not had any issues whatsoever with missiles coming off at all.  I am glad that I can say that I have an Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A in my collection!

Twich

VF-4 is pretty bland, especially in battroid IMHO----seriously thinking about painting the ventral fins black with a red edge, as is "proper" for a Hikaru valk.  It may not be canon, but canon is only like 4 seconds...   (and, real military CAG/CO planes tend to get many subtle variations frequently--you can easily see small details of the paint scheme change over the course of a single year/cruise)   

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Don't forget to paint on the red lights on the underside! Or whatever they're supposed to be. :unknw:

Not sure what you mean?  I do plan to paint the "obvious-what-they-are-but-not-painted-as-such" landing lights on the wing leading edge.  (Normally Yamato/Arcadia goes so far as to mold them as separate clear parts---but for the VF-4, it's like they didn't realize what they are)  

44 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Not sure what you mean?  I do plan to paint the "obvious-what-they-are-but-not-painted-as-such" landing lights on the wing leading edge.  (Normally Yamato/Arcadia goes so far as to mold them as separate clear parts---but for the VF-4, it's like they didn't realize what they are)  

Red lights on the underside of the central intakes. You see them for like 1.5 seconds when Hikaru banks away from the camera in FB2012. 

52105573294_ccd10ff8c9_o.jpg

f2012_vf4_lightning_iii2.png.4ef2d312956b7bf6107b6be0edfae20c.png

Started painting the ventral fins last night.  Annoyingly, per my personal color chart, signal red is a perfect match for the stripes on the thighs/tailcone----but I accidentally left the cap a little loose a while ago and the bottle dried out----and that paint is now "extinct".  :(

Vallejo RAL3001 red was the closest match I could find at the hobby shop, but it's still SLIGHTLY more orange than the thigh paint.  But a good match for the kite logos.   

Started painting the ventral fins last night.  Annoyingly, per my personal color chart, signal red is a perfect match for the stripes on the thighs/tailcone----but I accidentally left the cap a little loose a while ago and the bottle dried out----and that paint is now "extinct".  :(

Vallejo RAL3001 red was the closest match I could find at the hobby shop, but it's still SLIGHTLY more orange than the thigh paint.  But a good match for the kite logos.   

That sucks when certain colors or whole lines of paint are no longer being made. 

What part of the ventral fins need to be painted red? Is it something that was missed or just adding some personal touches to it?

David make sure to get some double chocolate for the feet^_^

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That sucks when certain colors or whole lines of paint are no longer being made. 

What part of the ventral fins need to be painted red? Is it something that was missed or just adding some personal touches to it?

Just my personal desire for a bit more color, a bit more like "every other valk"---pretty much all other valks have accent colors on their ventral fins----and the VF-4's are huge but bare.  It's IMHO the most obvious place to make it a less "all white" valk.  

18 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

@arbit Those look great! Misa's pose looks really natural. Hikaru's pose is a little stiff but also looks good. You're getting better and better at this.

Thanks dude.