Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Thanks, that was my guess.  Did you seal it at all, or is there a risk of smudges etc?

Not until after I decal her up. In the mean time, I've never had any issues with graphite smudging; even the Arcadia panels are deep enough to where your hands won't really get into them with some gentle handling, though some of the super shallow depressions (not really deep enough to really qualify as actual lines) might rub if you really try.

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks!  I thought about it for a while but finally opted for the PF version myself.....

Thanks for the idea!  I wanted to add Hikaru into the pic eventually, so just went ahead and did it when I added the additional VF-4's!  :drinks:

Here was the shot before I superimposed Hikaru onto it....

large.1399079930_VF4Aarcadia2012.jpg.147

This one is nice too.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Holy smokes, FJ wanted more than 10K yen to ship this thing priority... sooooooo nope... won't be reviewing that one for a while!

That's crazy-expensive for a toy this size. HLJ charged me $40 for FedEx when they shipped the regular version exactly one month ago. I'm assuming the boxes for both products are nearly identical. I wonder if part of the higher price is proxies taking the Arcadia shipping box and putting that in a still larger box. If anyone here is getting their PF through HLJ, I'd be curious to know what the FedEx/DHL cost is, for comparison.

16 minutes ago, tekering said:

Incoming VF-4 pic spam!  Take cover! =@

Okay, looks like I need to make that set of decals for the regular finish....

3 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

That's crazy-expensive for a toy this size. HLJ charged me $40 for FedEx when they shipped the regular version exactly one month ago. I'm assuming the boxes for both products are nearly identical. I wonder if part of the higher price is proxies taking the Arcadia shipping box and putting that in a still larger box. If anyone here is getting their PF through HLJ, I'd be curious to know what the FedEx/DHL cost is, for comparison.

In for a set ! 

19 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Ah, but will you see fit to include markings Arcadia left off the PF, like that mysterious "SDF-018" on the vertical stabs? ^_^

Even the Wave kit included those... :huh:

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Incoming VF-4 pic spam!  Take cover! =@

vf-4-pf-jpg.28971209

vf-4-overhead-jpg.28971208

vf-4-exhaust-jpg.28971205

vf-4-nosecone-jpg.28971201

vf-4-warnings-jpg.28971203

vf-4-underside-jpg.28971207

vf-4-finish-jpg.28971204

megaroad-01-jpg.28971206

vf-4-tiny-markings-jpg.28971199

vf-4-pilot-jpg.28971200

vf-4-console-jpg.28971197

vf-4-scales-jpg.28971198

Looks pretty good. I'll have to wait till I get it in hand and put it side by side to really see how it compares. 

6 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

If you do make them I'll take a few sets. Those grey-nosed 4Gs need decals too! ;)

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Ah, but will you see fit to include markings Arcadia left off the PF, like that mysterious "SDF-018" on the vertical stabs? ^_^

Even the Wave kit included those... :huh:

I can live without those, but won't complain if they're included. It's a bizarre designation; I'll stick with SDF-2.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It's a bizarre designation; I'll stick with SDF-2.

It's got pedigree, though.  SDF-018 has appeared on most toy and model representations of the VF-4, 'cause it was there on the very first: the Musashiya garage kit...

02003430562.jpg

...and rumor has it Kawamori himself did the box art. :hail:

31 minutes ago, tekering said:

It's got pedigree, though.  SDF-018 has appeared on most toy and model representations of the VF-4, 'cause it was there on the very first: the Musashiya garage kit...

I'm far from an expert, but that sure does look like his art to me...

36 minutes ago, tekering said:

02003430562.jpg

I don't think it's a rumor. His name is actually right there as the illustrator on the top right corner under Big West. ;)