Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Did the paneling on my VF-4A. The lines are super fine and shallow which makes doing a simple wash next to impossible. :wacko:

But damned if I don't absolutely love that fighter! And finally put that Arcadia stand to good use. 

Now she just needs some decal work. 8)

50934080431_da9bf0ca75_o.jpg

50934080416_8ce7201170_o.jpg

Looks great! If I had one I’d have to panel line it too or get a PF. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Did the paneling on my VF-4A. The lines are super fine and shallow which makes doing a simple wash next to impossible. :wacko:

But damned if I don't absolutely love that fighter! And finally put that Arcadia stand to good use. 

:hail::hail::hail:

Absolutley fantastic work and shots!

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Looking really good! I'm leaning towards making decals for this. Just need to set aside some time to make it happen. Have to balance this project against a few others that are consuming my weekends right now.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Love it! :wub:

4 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Looks great! If I had one I’d have to panel line it too or get a PF. 

3 hours ago, treatment said:

:hail::hail::hail:

Absolutley fantastic work and shots!

Thanks gentlemen! :yahoo:

32 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Looking really good! I'm leaning towards making decals for this. Just need to set aside some time to make it happen. Have to balance this project against a few others that are consuming my weekends right now.

Hey, you do it if and when you feel like it/have time. You're doing a huge favor for the community and we appreciate it! We can ask no more than that. :good:

In any case, I'm waiting till after I get the PF in hand before considering decaling this one as I want to see what markings go where. I'm not sure if I have the VF-4 master file book lying around anywhere... because I can't remember if I ever bought a copy. :lol:

On 2/9/2021 at 5:02 PM, Rhubarbarian said:

I checked my VF-4A's gunpod versus my Arcadia VF-1S and the 1S definitely had a noticeably fatter handle. I figured that it was easier for them to shave off the handle to make it work with the existing slot in the VF-4 than it was to adjust the slot in the VF-4, but if the Yamato mold was the slimmer handle, then maybe that wasn't the case? I don't have any Yamato VF-1s to compare, unfortunately.

Sorry if this was answered earlier, I couldn't quite find it on search.  But does the VF-4A gunpod mount to the VF-4G?

All this talk about the gun pod handle and such and the one that came with my VF-4A doesn’t fit on the Valk at all. The handle is too wide to fit into the slot.  Did I miss something?

Chris

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

All this talk about the gun pod handle and such and the one that came with my VF-4A doesn’t fit on the Valk at all. The handle is too wide to fit into the slot.  Did I miss something?

Chris

It was a very snug fit for my VF-4A. At first the handle seemed too wide, but I applied some gentle pressure and wiggled it a little and it eventually worked. The gunpod is essentially held in place via friction. Unless I did something wrong. :unknw:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Unfortunately you can't use the stand adapter while the gunpod is attached. :(

:rolleyes: sounds about right!

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

@Lolicon Amazing work on the panel lining and your shots are excellent! 

How long did it take you to complete the panel lines?

6 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

It was a very snug fit for my VF-4A. At first the handle seemed too wide, but I applied some gentle pressure and wiggled it a little and it eventually worked. The gunpod is essentially held in place via friction. Unless I did something wrong. :unknw:

Mine kept getting stuck halfway in and I was convinced I was doing something wrong and was going to mar the plastic on the fighter. Once it got in there, it was super solid though. 

23 hours ago, Saburo said:

@Lolicon Amazing work on the panel lining and your shots are excellent! 

How long did it take you to complete the panel lines?

Thanks! It took a couple of hours as I ended up doing much of it by hand because the lines are fine and shallow so as to be almost non-existent. I'll compare it to Arcadia's factory version when the PF arrives.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! It took a couple of hours as I ended up doing much of it by hand because the lines are fine and shallow so as to be almost non-existent. I'll compare it to Arcadia's factory version when the PF arrives.

Nice! I look forward to seeing a side by side comparison of your customized VF-4 and the Arcadia VF-4 PF. :yahoo:

On 2/13/2021 at 11:33 AM, Lolicon said:

So did you do a wash in the end?  (you said it was too shallow for a "simple wash"----and I know just how shallow Arcadia panel lines can be)  Inking/pens?  Or mechanical pencil?   

On 2/12/2021 at 6:55 AM, Lolicon said:

Unfortunately you can't use the stand adapter while the gunpod is attached. :(

Hopefully @ChaoticYeti can make a Yeti Stand Adapter, when he gets back up and running again.  

On 2/12/2021 at 1:02 PM, Rhubarbarian said:

Mine kept getting stuck halfway in and I was convinced I was doing something wrong and was going to mar the plastic on the fighter. Once it got in there, it was super solid though. 

I had the same issue, I was afraid to damage something.  After applying more pressure the gunpod seated properly with no damage. :lol:

On 2/11/2021 at 9:39 PM, Lolicon said:

Thanks gentlemen! :yahoo:

Hey, you do it if and when you feel like it/have time. You're doing a huge favor for the community and we appreciate it! We can ask no more than that. :good:

In any case, I'm waiting till after I get the PF in hand before considering decaling this one as I want to see what markings go where. I'm not sure if I have the VF-4 master file book lying around anywhere... because I can't remember if I ever bought a copy. :lol:

I could take a photo of one of my old VF-4’s decaled up based on a Hasegawa kit if you like.

8 hours ago, Saburo said:

VF-4A ready for launch?  Is Hikaru taking a nap? :lol:

50949376418_3254286d28_h.jpg

Great shot! And yeah the VF-4 has quite the recumbent cockpit. :lol:

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

I could take a photo of one of my old VF-4’s decaled up based on a Hasegawa kit if you like.

Sure I wouldn't mind seeing that. 

On 2/11/2021 at 6:20 PM, Lolicon said:

Looking good! 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Cool pic.

Thanks!  :friends:

In doing these mashups using animation stills and the actual toys....I'm getting a good sense of all the "anime magic" that exists in all of the original source material....in the pic above, the VF-4 is portrayed as much "longer and sleeker"....so to try and capture the scene with the actual toys takes a lot of "tweaking" and some additional "photo" magic....:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks!  :friends:

In doing these mashups using animation stills and the actual toys....I'm getting a good sense of all the "anime magic" that exists in all of the original source material....in the pic above, the VF-4 is portrayed as much "longer and sleeker"....so to try and capture the scene with the actual toys takes a lot of "tweaking" and some additional "photo" magic....:rolleyes:

Cool.  For your pic on the previous page, you could probably put smaller VF-4A toy at the top right corner.

3 hours ago, arbit said:

Nice photoshop work for us old guys!

Still waiting for mine, and glad I was able to sell my game version first.

Thanks!  I thought about it for a while but finally opted for the PF version myself.....

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That came out cool.

Thanks for the idea!  I wanted to add Hikaru into the pic eventually, so just went ahead and did it when I added the additional VF-4's!  :drinks:

Here was the shot before I superimposed Hikaru onto it....

large.1399079930_VF4Aarcadia2012.jpg.147