Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

9 hours ago, tekering said:

I just hope the VF-4A PF release looks half as good as your "amateurishly" customized VF-4G. :good:

Sometimes we're our own harshest critics. I've grown a little dissatisfied with it over the years, it seems. I'll try to do better with the Flashback version. :)

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Seriously AmazonJP, where is my VF-4?:(

So no one who's ordered from Amazon has gotten theirs shipped yet? That sucks, and It's surprising for Amazon to be so slow.

Edited by Lolicon
grammar

Arcadia VF-4G vs Arcadia VF-4A

My Arcadia 4G reissue is fairly loose and have to be careful about it doing the splits or falling over. It was like that out of the box.

On the other hand, the 4A joints are pretty tight. I noticed they seemed to have enlarged the "hook" in the neck section and I had to push way harder to collapse the neck into its proper place, inadvertently scratching the chin a bit. Nothing that can't be sanded out later.

50888810196_9a8fe94855_o.jpg

On 1/27/2021 at 4:50 PM, Lolicon said:

I even got a discount coupon in the package since I got in right at the start of their current promotion. :)

I'm glad you mentioned this, @Lolicon. I saw that little folded paper triangle in my box and thought, "meh, just some dumb HLJ promo thing" and tossed it out. Dug it out of the trash can today. Almost missed out on 5% off my next order!

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

What’s the difference between a 4A and a 4G? Color?

The 4G is a lower vis grey and the body of the 4A is a lighter color.  4G has subtle blue highlights along the tail fins and forward stabilizers, the 4A has the Skull squadron insignia on the vertial stabilizers.  The bands around the bottom of the legs are grey instead of brown on the 4G.  The nose cone is grey instead of tan on the 4G.  The fists on the 4G are grey, the fists on the 4A are brown.  The 4G has red arrows along the forward beams/wrists and they're yellow on the 4A.  In theory the 4A isn't supposed to transform either.

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a heads up that the premium finish is available for pre order at Nippon Yassan https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/32131-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-flash-back-2012-vf-4a-lightning-iii-ichijou-hikaru-type-premiumu-finish.html

Thanks for the inspiration so I snagged one.  Hopefully others who couldn't get it can grab it now.

18 minutes ago, analogkid said:

13 minutes ago, analogkid said:

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a heads up that the premium finish is available for pre order at Nippon Yassan https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/32131-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-flash-back-2012-vf-4a-lightning-iii-ichijou-hikaru-type-premiumu-finish.html

Thanks for the inspiration so I snagged one.  Hopefully others who couldn't get it can grab it now.

Uhh, good luck with that N-Y ordering?

ref: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/47618-n-y-thread-help-complain-rejoicemeh/?do=findComment&comment=1566942

Edited by treatment
forum bugginess

22 minutes ago, analogkid said:

That's....a bad idea.

19 hours ago, analogkid said:

We’ll be seeing you on the NY thread complaining that you didn’t receive your item soon!! :rofl:

53 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

We’ll be seeing you on the NY thread complaining that you didn’t receive your item soon!! :rofl:

Haha, fwiw all my Arcadia and DX Valk orders from there have been shipping out within the first week of release, some of them even shipped before other shops request payment.  I doubt they will have any issues delivering this one. 

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I scanned in the sticker sheet, which is the first step for making some supplemental decals. So, what's not already on the valk? I haven't taken a close look at mine yet, thought I might crowdsource this a bit....

image.thumb.png.3725a5b4418d62683691ed65f03c85db.png

KEEP

CREAN

8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

KEEP

CREAN

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I try to correct spelling issues where possible. I do like how these new sticker sheets have large versions of the small designs as previews, so you don't have to squint to make out what they say, but at that size, you'd think spelling issues would be relatively easy to catch before printing.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:06 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

So the missles stay very secure during transformation, but then there is the new deal with lower arms popping off.

The elbow joints are unnecessarily tight. 

Good thing the assembly goes back together easily yet it’s something to look out for.

2D7F339A-0660-4C73-808D-5E44C7F304FE.jpeg

54427F6C-17B9-433D-838D-4701F09476B7.jpeg

I have the same thing happen with the left arm on my VF-4..

On 1/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, Lolicon said:

Arcadia VF-4G vs Arcadia VF-4A

My Arcadia 4G reissue is fairly loose and have to be careful about it doing the splits or falling over. It was like that out of the box.

On the other hand, the 4A joints are pretty tight. I noticed they seemed to have enlarged the "hook" in the neck section and I had to push way harder to collapse the neck into its proper place, inadvertently scratching the chin a bit. Nothing that can't be sanded out later.

50888810196_9a8fe94855_o.jpg

Very cool shot @Lolicon.  My 46 has transformed  twice and stayed in fighter mode for all the time but it still has bunch of loose joints.  :(

On 1/29/2021 at 5:26 PM, Anasazi37 said:

I'm glad you mentioned this, @Lolicon. I saw that little folded paper triangle in my box and thought, "meh, just some dumb HLJ promo thing" and tossed it out. Dug it out of the trash can today. Almost missed out on 5% off my next order!

Glad to be of service! :)

On 1/30/2021 at 11:41 PM, Anasazi37 said:

I scanned in the sticker sheet, which is the first step for making some supplemental decals. So, what's not already on the valk? I haven't taken a close look at mine yet, thought I might crowdsource this a bit....

I think it would be quicker to list what is on the valk rather than what's missing. Pre-printed markings:

- upper stabilizer skulls/background

- ejection seat warnings

- rescue markings

- air intakes

- UN SPACY on the legs

- pilot name on the canopy frame

- UN Spacy kite on the port wing

- UN Spacy kites behind the cockpit

- beam guns/yellow arrows on both arms

- 101 modex near the cockpit

- UN SPACY on the gunpod

That should be it. If I missed anything, someone else please chime in.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I have the same thing happen with the left arm on my VF-4..

Very cool shot @Lolicon.  My 46 has transformed  twice and stayed in fighter mode for all the time but it still has bunch of loose joints.  :(

Yeah, glad it was addressed on the 4A. Not sure how the joints are on my Yamato; I haven't transformed it since I customized it. :bigshok:

On 1/30/2021 at 10:41 PM, Anasazi37 said:

How do you print supplemental decals anyway?

20 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think it would be quicker to list what is on the valk rather than what's missing. Pre-printed markings:

- upper stabilizer skulls/background

- ejection seat warnings

- rescue markings

- air intakes

- UN SPACY on the legs

- pilot name on the canopy frame

- UN Spacy kite on the port wing

- UN Spacy kites behind the cockpit

- beam guns/yellow arrows on both arms

- 101 modex near the cockpit

- UN SPACY on the gunpod

That should be it. If I missed anything, someone else please chime in.

Awesome! I'll double check this weekend and post an updated pic of the sheet with the already-applied stuff highlighted.

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

How do you print supplemental decals anyway?

Short version: using Photoshop, Illustrator, an ALPS MD-5000P dry resin printer, and almost 20 years of experience.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:00 AM, sqidd said:

Seriously AmazonJP, where is my VF-4?:(

On 1/29/2021 at 6:09 AM, Kanedas Bike said:

same

-b.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:12 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Just got charged by Amazon Japan, looks like they'll be shipping out soon.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:28 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Amazon charged me as well :)

On 1/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Got shipping notification from Amazon woo!

On 1/31/2021 at 6:13 PM, sqidd said:

Ditto

On 1/31/2021 at 7:53 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Got my shipping notification as well. Also a notification of a price reduction too!

Check your DHL alerts.

Mine's getting delivered today, it seems...

image.thumb.png.efdc10d346042f142e3b85addc4da23b.png