Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

29 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

One good thing is the tolerances feel a bit tighter.  I just opened this MIB Yamato to confirm.

B006B724-4436-44A2-B526-19CCE4368417.jpeg

Thanks for the reply earlier.

Also, looking at the pic I can tell that VF-4A is whiter than the VF-4G. Is it like Yamato's DYRL VF-1 white?

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Any plans for a decal set for this baby? I'm sure many would be interested. ^_^

yes, many!

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Any plans for a decal set for this baby? I'm sure many would be interested. ^_^

More than a few MW members have messaged me about putting a set together. Biggest constraint is my free time. I took a quick look at the sticker sheet that comes with it and it seems like many/all of the larger markings are already on the toy, so it's really about the smaller and more detailed stuff.

48 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Looks like enough decos for me without having the PF version. 

Agreed. I'm perfectly happy with this non-PF version

Edited by Anasazi37

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

More than a few MW members have messaged me about putting a set together. Biggest constraint is my free time. I took a quick look at the sticker sheet that comes with it and it seems like many/all of the larger markings are already on the toy, so it's really about the smaller and more detailed stuff.

Count me in too if you're planning on doing those smaller stuff. ;)

Mine showed up today after shipping Monday morning from AmiAmi, DHL is fast. But this is the third Arcadia/Yamato release I've gotten in the past few months (the others being an Sv-51 and a VF-22) and I am dying without Yeti stands. I love the launch arm stands for VF-1s, but they always seem out of place for other releases. Time to dig for old FlightPose stands, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Rhubarbarian said:

Mine showed up today after shipping Monday morning from AmiAmi, DHL is fast. But this is the third Arcadia/Yamato release I've gotten in the past few months (the others being an Sv-51 and a VF-22) and I am dying without Yeti stands. I love the launch arm stands for VF-1s, but they always seem out of place for other releases. Time to dig for old FlightPose stands, I suppose.

Did he go out of business?

Yeah, I recall it being work conflicts/COVID supply chain issues. Very understandable, but since Arcadia doesn't provide any sort of stand and I can't even find their simple display stand on the secondary market, there aren't many alternatives unless you accept the weird canon issues of everything being supported by an SDF-1 launch arm. 

Also, is there any mechanism for mounting the gunpod in fighter mode? There's a slot in the undercarriage in front of that fold-out transformation peg that looks like it would be ideal, but it seems like it'd be a *very* tight fit and I can't find any product photos that support doing that. I never had the VF-4G but I remember people saying there wasn't any way to mount the gunpod in fighter mode on that one. 

EDIT: For some reason I thought the Arcadia re-release of the VF-4G came with a gunpod, but re-watching Jenius' review I guess neither the Yamato or the Arcadia came with one. 

Edited by Rhubarbarian
Correction

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

That’s basically a Flightpose stand. I’m not really happy with those but they are the best we have without Yeti. The Arcadia launch atm is cool but it looks lame to me to have more than a couple Valks displayed on a launch arm. 

I don't own any Yeti stand yet. It does looks cool. I hope he will be back in business soon.

If you have the right tools to cut them, maybe getting some 1cm acrylic sheet and make a DIY version to tie you over until Yeti come back online.

3 hours ago, Rhubarbarian said:

EDIT: For some reason I thought the Arcadia re-release of the VF-4G came with a gunpod, but re-watching Jenius' review I guess neither the Yamato or the Arcadia came with one. 

Yes, Arcadia included a free gunpod on the initial VF-4G re-release if you ordered directly from them.

6 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I never new this.  So Arcadia made an exclusive gunpod for the VF-4 or were these left overs from the V2 VF-1?

Same VF-1's Gunpod.

Edit: I searched and it was limited to Japan only to the first 20 orders.

Edited by no3Ljm

54 minutes ago, kkx said:

I don't own any Yeti stand yet. It does looks cool. I hope he will be back in business soon.

If you have the right tools to cut them, maybe getting some 1cm acrylic sheet and make a DIY version to tie you over until Yeti come back online.

I have enough to hold me over for now. When they become available again, I’m on it! Was planning on placing an order before it was shut down but procrastinated too long. 

9 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Did these 20 have a thinner handle like the VF-4A?

D2CC53B1-E4AD-4699-A6CD-B20AEC4AD225.jpeg

I don't have a clue since my VF-4G didn't came with it. And this is the first time I've seen that there's a difference on the handle that came with the VF-4A. It wasn't mentioned in their tweet feed about the handle for the VF-4G release. All it says was it's the same gunpod as the VF-1's.

Good to know that there's a difference. Don't want to mix those up with the VF-1's. ;)

10 hours ago, Jasonc said:

Did he go out of business?

Negative. He just got really busy with a move and new job. I just talked with him the other day. He will be taking orders again. When that is, he's not sure of yet.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, Arcadia included a free gunpod on the initial VF-4G re-release if you ordered directly from them.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Same VF-1's Gunpod.

Edit: I searched and it was limited to Japan only to the first 20 orders.

I ordered a PF directly from them so maybe there's hope?

Opened mine today. FB2012 VF-4 is one of my absolute favorite fighters, alongside the YF-19 and VF-25, and Arcadia's is just lovely.

Not much to add that hasn't already been mentioned. Needs a panel wash and gotta find some decals...

Is that a gunpod or are you happy to see me? :rolleyes:

407353511_20210127_114726resize.thumb.jpg.8b4d1d31417e4977fe476d446aa14c9a.jpg