Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

It has no "show" correct? It's from a video game?

Technically, it's from the ending sequence of Do You Remember Love?, depicting the launch of the SDF-2:

1.jpeg.6c8b25aabf7df36e8f16a85f97f14dfe.jpeg

2.jpeg.233a3e5a350a734eeb68b21dbec9302f.jpeg

3.jpeg.5682b1f03748dd1409d859f1d6d27c55.jpeg

However, since the sequence was not completed in time for its theatrical release, it was instead used as the ending sequence for the first Macross OAV, Flashback 2012.

Like all Valkyrie designs, it has later appeared in video games.  Yamato's original VF-4 release was based on the game color scheme, because they hadn't secured the rights to Flashback 2012; Arcadia now has the rights, so Hikaru's "unseen" Valkyrie will finally be available to us in all its 1:60 glory.  :yahoo:

16 minutes ago, tekering said:

Technically, it's from the ending sequence of Do You Remember Love?, depicting the launch of the SDF-2:

However, since the sequence was not completed in time for its theatrical release, it was instead used as the ending sequence for the first Macross OAV, Flashback 2012.

Like all Valkyrie designs, it has later appeared in video games.  Yamato's original VF-4 release was based on the game color scheme, because they hadn't secured the rights to Flashback 2012; Arcadia now has the rights, so Hikaru's "unseen" Valkyrie will finally be available to us in all its 1:60 glory.  :yahoo:

It's fitting that you are the one that responded. I read your TFW2005 interview last night and got a much better into your depth of knowledge. Also, hilariously, your advice is not to collect toys! I can't not agree!:rofl: The story of getting those 1970's Star Wars figures in the Kenner case from the antique store was great. That took me back. I forgot about that case. Man, I wish I was a "saver". I had all of that stuff. Multiples of it. My grandmother spoiled me rotten. It would be super neat to have all of my G1 Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe, Micronauts, Shogun Warriors and Lego's from what I was a kid. I could put a proper "museum" together.

Anyhoo, I'm going to have to check my box set and see if Flashback is on it. I don't remember seeing it at the end of DYRL. Granted, I only watched in once so far. Looks like it's time to watch it again!

So, using my display "logic" I could put it with My Hikaru's or the DYRL shelf that you sold me on yesterday with your Kakizaki pics. It will be a while before that shelf is ready to form though. Gonna need another Focker and Hikaru then wait for the Max release...............Why do I do this to myself!:unknw::D

Thanks for the reply.:good:

Edited by sqidd

32 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I read your TFW2005 interview last night and got a much better into your depth of knowledge.

That interview was for the TF Source Report, and I was asked to add more Transformers-specific answers to satisfy their readership...  :lol:

I found some of the responses from fans quite entertaining.  ^_^

34 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm going to have to check my box set and see if Flashback is on it. I don't remember seeing it at the end of DYRL.

The DYRL "remastered" DVD release was the first to incorporate the Flashback 2012 sequence into the closing credits... and there's at least one Blu-Ray release that also uses some of the footage (despite the SD video quality).

I still cling to the hope that a film print of that sequence exists somewhere, because it desperately needs high-definition remastering.  It's among the most beautiful animation ever produced by hand.  :wub: 

12 minutes ago, tekering said:

That interview was for the TF Source Report, and I was asked to add more Transformers-specific answers to satisfy their readership...  :lol:

I found some of the responses from fans quite entertaining.  ^_^

The DYRL "remastered" DVD release was the first to incorporate the Flashback 2012 sequence into the closing credits... and there's at least one Blu-Ray release that also uses some of the footage (despite the SD video quality).

I still cling to the hope that a film print of that sequence exists somewhere, because it desperately needs high-definition remastering.  It's among the most beautiful animation ever produced by hand.  :wub: 

My mistake. @DYRL VF-1S linked me to that article and I thought I went to TFW2005 for some reason. I'll chalk that up to one too many concussions. :vava: It was a great read even geared toward TF stuff. And I got to see more pics of your collection which was cool. I sat there with my wife as we picked out all of the cool stuff we could find. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the extent of it though. I seem to remember seeing different pics on here of more collection???

This/these are the box sets I have (I think it's just about everything). I agree about the picture quality of DYRL. It could certainly use the high def treatment. It's beautifully animated.

1298638272_BoxSet.jpg.f60963c8c1f2a93f5eddc75689e63373.jpg

Edited by sqidd

Hey guys,

Coming back from vacation and I think I missed most of the chatter regarding the VF-4G, I can only find the premiun finish version on Nippon Yassan:
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-es/figures/32131-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-flash-back-2012-vf-4a-lightning-iii-ichijou-hikaru-type-premiumu-finish.html

Is that "ok" ? I'm pretty sure it is not a bargain, but is still a reasonable price? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Hey guys,

Coming back from vacation and I think I missed most of the chatter regarding the VF-4G, I can only find the premiun finish version on Nippon Yassan:
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-es/figures/32131-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-flash-back-2012-vf-4a-lightning-iii-ichijou-hikaru-type-premiumu-finish.html

Is that "ok" ? I'm pretty sure it is not a bargain, but is still a reasonable price? Thanks!

If you want a VF-4 for cheap, grab the normal version off Amazon Japan.

¥28,200 for international buyers, plus shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B08DS56FMS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you want a VF-4 for cheap, grab the normal version off Amazon Japan.

¥28,200 for international buyers, plus shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B08DS56FMS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The standard version is available again on Nippon-Yasan, but their customer service seems to be getting worse (same with Anime Export), so I'd recommend Amazon Japan or HLJ. Both have good prices and good shipping options.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

The standard version is available again on Nippon-Yasan, but their customer service seems to be getting worse (same with Anime Export), so I'd recommend Amazon Japan or HLJ. Both have good prices and good shipping options.

If they are equivalent prices, you'd be a fool to go with NY. Only reason to use NY is if you're saving money and are fine with a delay. Or if you need to dodge import taxes.

Amazon Japan prime shipping (when item is sold by AJ) is decently packaged and quite fast DHL for a very low price.

There's no contest when it comes to customer service.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If they are equivalent prices, you'd be a fool to go with NY. Only reason to use NY is if you're saving money and are fine with a delay. Or if you need to dodge import taxes.

Amazon Japan prime shipping (when item is sold by AJ) is decently packaged and quite fast DHL for a very low price.

There's no contest when it comes to customer service.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3 hours ago, Arkham said:

Hey guys,

IMO if you want a Premium get one through From Japan or straight from Arcadia and get it shipped to a Tenso address. I'd never buy anything from NY. Their customer service is unbelievably bad.

3 hours ago, Arkham said:

Hey guys,

If you don’t mind waiting and choose their Ferry shipping option, that is probably the best deal you can get for the PF version. Only other shop I know of that has the PF is HLJ but it is definitely going to cost you more and they only offer very expensive expedited shipping options. Buying direct from Arcadia and using a proxy will also likely end up more expensive but you will get it a lot sooner. 

Edited by Slave IV

9 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Thanks for all the answers, I really appreciate it.

I'm really looking for the PF. The pf link for HLJ seems to be 404, same as Amazon JP.

I don't mind waiting, so I guess I'll roll the dice with NY :-/

Thanks! :-*

I just tested these links and they work:

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-kanzen-henkei-vf-4a-lightning-iii-hikaru-ichijyo-use-premium-finish-aca82155 (premium version, order stop)

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-kanzen-henkei-vf-4a-lightning-iii-hikaru-ichijyo-use-normal-version-aca82154  (regular version, still available)

https://amzn.to/3jx78Bj (regular version, still available)

You can also post the weblink to the Arcadia site (https://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=302) into the search bar at FromJapan and order through them.

Will be more expensive than NY, but you won't have to deal with NY.

I bought one PF VD-0D PF that way, no issues. My second one from NY is still on the way (via Ferry).

On 8/27/2020 at 7:54 AM, tekering said:

I actually just watched Flashback again today. Love watching the quick story of launching SDF-2 Megaroad-01

On 8/27/2020 at 9:02 AM, sqidd said:

This/these are the box sets I have (I think it's just about everything). I agree about the picture quality of DYRL. It could certainly use the high def treatment. It's beautifully animated.

Look on the last disc that has Macross II on it (the 30th anni box set in your pic). Flashback 2012 will play first where you see the VF-4A.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

While I can't say it hasn't been frustrating, NY has always come through for me in the end. I got my 31As. I've got my super parts and missiles. Wasn't when everyone else got theirs, but they did turn up.  They aren't amiami or HLJ or Manda, but they're not nin-nin ;-). So while I pre-ordered this one at HLJ because that was the first place I found it, I'd have ordered it at NY if that had come up first. 

Edited by orindlt

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, if they had a production run with set quantities that weren't met, it wouldn't have gone to sold out at all.

It is possible they're changing the ration between the standard and PF versions though, based on pre-order numbers.

I just realized how glass half empty I really am (and an idiot). I read your original post as they were re-releasing for some darn reason. Like "Hey, look at me!" re-releasing.:bigshok:

It also may have something to do with me doing a short window PO about a week ago and not getting nearly the interest I wanted to see, It ended up being a current market test with depressing results. Especially if it's an indicator of my industry in general. Which it could be. I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop on the economy.

47 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just realized how glass half empty I really am

The glass is neither half-full, nor half-empty.

The glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

I'll show myself out :D

Edited by slide

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

LOL!!! If you don't mine, I'm going to use that.:rofl:

It's not his, it's a reeeeeeally old Engineer joke. I'm suprised you've never heard it before, it's all over the internet.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimist-Glass-Pessimist-Empty-Engineer/dp/1081889462

2 hours ago, slide said:

The glass is neither half-full, nor half-empty.

The glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

I'll show myself out :D

came here for some updates, but man, this is gold

edit: not an engineer, it is my first time hearing this as well

Edited by chyll2

15 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's not his, it's a reeeeeeally old Engineer joke. I'm suprised you've never heard it before, it's all over the internet.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimist-Glass-Pessimist-Empty-Engineer/dp/1081889462

the old ones are the best ones!:D;)

On 8/27/2020 at 8:54 AM, tekering said:

I just wish they managed to properly capture the curves of the nose and cockpit. It looks so much better in the animation