Maybe one of you car collectors can point me in the right direction for finding obscure/OOP subjects.

I have (or, had, pre-covid WFH) a nice themed desk display going with 1/43 pre-war race cars.
I really want a 1927 Napier-Campbell Bluebird, but the only thing I can find on the internet is that one was made a while ago, but I can't find any for sale, and don't know where to look for 'em (aside from eBay).

So far I've got:

Mercedes W125 - Grand Prix racing
Bugatti 57G - Le Mans
Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 MM - Road racing (mille miglia)
Sunbeam 1000hp - Land Speed Record
Bentley Speed Six - Illegal road racing (blue train)
Mercedes W125 w/twin wheels - Hill climbs (grossglockner)

I'd like to add/swap in the 1927 Napier Campbell (which briefly held the land speed record), but have pretty much given up on finding one.  Any advice?
I wouldn't mind picking up an ERA or Delage to represent voiturette racing if anyone knows if those exist in 1/43?
Ooh, ooh, and a front-wheel drive Miller for pre-war Indy racing would be perfect...

Edited by Phyrox

59 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

That is SO effing cool!!! 

Yep and I need one for my collection.

9 minutes ago, Phyrox said:

Maybe one of you car collectors can point me in the right direction for finding obscure/OOP subjects.

I have (or, had, pre-covid WFH) a nice themed desk display going with 1/43 pre-war race cars.
I really want a 1927 Napier-Campbell Bluebird, but the only thing I can find on the internet is that one was made a while ago, but I can't find any for sale, and don't know where to look for 'em (aside from eBay).

So far I've got:

Mercedes W125 - Grand Prix racing
Bugatti 57G - Le Mans
Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 MM - Road racing (mille miglia)
Sunbeam 1000hp - Land Speed Record
Bentley Speed Six - Illegal road racing (blue train)
Mercedes W125 w/twin wheels - Hill climbs (grossglockner)

I'd like to add/swap in the 1927 Napier Campbell (which briefly held the land speed record), but have pretty much given up on finding one.  Any advice?
I wouldn't mind picking up an ERA or Delage to represent voiturette racing if anyone knows if those exist in 1/43?

I think @spanner might be a good person to contact for the answers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently picked up a few 1:24 Batmobiles on a whim. I only have four other diecase cars and they are in 1:18. Three of them I don't care for that much.........and it appears they have appreciated a LOT since I got them 15-20yrs ago. I think I'm going to sell them.

That leaves me with the one 1:18 which I love. The Autoart Road Warrior Interceptor (with the tanks in the back). But, because that is worth a few bucks I have been looking for a 1:24 Road Warrior Interceptor that is nice. I found some Mad Max Interceptors that look like they could be nice. But I prefer the Road Warrior look better. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good looking 1:24 Road Warrior Interceptor? Thanks!

Looks like I may be going down the diecast rabbit hole a little.....:D

For comparison:

Road Warrior trim-

mad-max-2-the-road-warrior-interceptor-a

Mad Max Trim-

41htNQt3zRL._AC_SY580_.jpg

1/24 Interceptor Diecast with tanks...don't think it exists...but have not been following releases recently....

I assume you found this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Greenlight-84051-DIE-CAST-Vehicle-Black/dp/B075G5ZWMK

61Ts3JJfxVL._AC_SL1025_.jpg

The only other 1/24 "with tanks" that is "good quality" is the Skynet Mini-Z Kyosho car...but it isn't diecast and is considerably more expensive...I have one which actually came bundled with the R/C control...

Here is a link to the car....

http://www.autoscalestudio.com/2014/01/skynet-071427-mad-max-interceptor.html

Links to some on eBay....with R/C remote and one without

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383610665295

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164944271286?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Personally...I like the fresh out of Barry's garage "no tanks" original look from Mad Max.....The beat up version with the tanks only appeard in The Road Warrior and it was definitely no longer a prestine beast by that point......

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Back when I was young and it wasn’t considered a racist icon, I watched that show and every time my dad would remind me that the doors didn’t open

I had a 1982 Mustang LX 5.0 that I bought in 1990 I think that had 130,000mi on it already. So of course I put a big shot of nitrous on it and slick and took it to the drag strip. I twisted the body so bad the doors wouldn't shut right anymore. I bent everything back into place and removed the door mechanisms and windows. It eventually got a roll bar and did a lot of good old school Detroit street racing. Ahhhhhh, to be young and dumb again.:p

I got a 1:18 Tumbler to replace the Jada Toys 1:24 that I have (all my other stuff is 1:18). I'm a bit underwhelmed. @tekering warned me. It's slightly undersized. It's nice though.

The Delorean is fantastic though! Love it!

Not bad for Hotwheels.

I had to put a limit on this 1:18 stuff. And that is at 24 cars. That fills up the cabinet they're in currently. And I need some sort of control over this. Or it will get out of control!:D

IMG_9504.JPG.d550e757f81f7527fa5cd638a5892ca5.JPG

IMG_9505.JPG.a287c652087070972e86baef08c5fe22.JPG

IMG_9506.JPG.e9eb836abdf60d9a45ca12176f6f686c.JPG

IMG_9511.JPG.364c9b2e1401e799715bb9e754ef9f28.JPG

IMG_9507.JPG.4a8b701c8f0df6aec33e1c0b9b5a2fcb.JPG

IMG_9508.JPG.efae5fb1eb9ee68bc661d6e23ebf9ffa.JPG

IMG_9509.JPG.3ca5472a08d8040ccf5ec8a3448ad84e.JPG

IMG_9510.JPG.250597456e4ff80dd2a85fda60820e7e.JPG