On 10/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, seti88 said:

Thanks, its been a long long while since i picked some 1/64 cars up. Just have a few more, mainly rwb porsche's on pre-order...

Cant imagine how many cars you have, esp after seeing how many HMR's you collected...

I have too many.  Everytime I go into the store I usually find something.  The ones that have even more are the collectors that I met that got me into collecting Hot Wheels.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I have too many.  Everytime I go into the store I usually find something.  The ones that have even more are the collectors that I met that got me into collecting Hot Wheels.

I could've gone into Hot Wheels collecting but I realized early on that they didn't really fit my tastes. Pretty much gave away the 100 or so I had collected. Decided to mainly stick to Tomica Limited Vintage and the occasional Kyosho for 1/64. 

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I just bought a few 1/64 cars and yeah i can see it’s quick and easy rabbit hole. The hot wheels RLC collector items are tempting too!

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

I just bought a few 1/64 cars and yeah i can see it’s quick and easy rabbit hole. The hot wheels RLC collector items are tempting too!

It all started with 1 or 2 and now I usually check for them since the store is on the way home from work.

I need to watch the HW site more to keep track of releases.

https://play.hotwheels.com/en-us/collection/index.html

woah there was a hotwheels thundertank?! Must be rare!

man, if hotwheels re-releases an updated version of ye old 1985 tt it would sell like hotcakes.

LOL I just saw another video which says that thundertank is due next year!

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, Dobber said:

Just had this delivered.  I took the pictures before  I sanded the tires to get rid of the seem and give them that realistic look.

Chris

B5CD6D81-D950-4AC8-821A-8741A867A2EB.thumb.jpeg.8eac16ccd03fbe3a43becb71b5b86df7.jpeg

68ABAE66-0428-4925-8AE9-EF74EC8B9044.thumb.jpeg.735b68110df48275fa03f6d8acc2c9f9.jpeg

1166E44C-CC9E-4994-B41D-D5B738DFD5C9.thumb.jpeg.fc7217e47f9761b85ae3a605b54118ca.jpeg

Looks pretty good! I had considered getting one of these but wasn't sure of the finish quality. What's it's like compared to the Minichamps cars?

On 10/8/2019 at 1:26 PM, spanner said:

Looks pretty good! I had considered getting one of these but wasn't sure of the finish quality. What's it's like compared to the Minichamps cars?

Sorry, I’m new to diecast cars. Aircraft are usually my thing so I don’t have a minichamps car. Reviews online said that these newer Burago’s are pretty good and I’m pleased with it. I may get an earlier season Ferrari now too.

Chris

giphy.gif.864dc05c256996f0f2d9bef111edcb46.gif

Yup, I had no idea this existed, lol.

Hey diecast gurus, i got a question for you. Is there a batman figure that could fit inside the 1:18 Hotwheels batmobile? Or if it doesn't fit, would it look good standing next to it? I saw one at the beginning of this thread, but i think that batman figure cost a little chunk of bills. 

Edited by vlenhoff

10 hours ago, spanner said:

my current diecast car and bike collection.

20191018_102957.jpg

20191018_102841.jpg

20191018_102713.jpg

Nice collection! I'm not into collecting cars/bikes for the sake of collecting them, but I do have a few that are near and dear. Seeing yours brings me back. And reminds me I need a few things.

-I need a General Lee

-I've got that Mad Max Interceptor.:good:

-I absolutely need to get at least one JPS

-You've got some good bikes in there! I've got a couple of 998RS's , 999RS's , 990cc #12 Desmosedici, 996S and a 2005 GSXR1000 (which is one of the best race bikes I ever had). I got those Ducati's back when I was racing them and had minor factory support. Man, I miss the good ol days, but I wouldn't do it again.

My 1:1 scale 2005 Ducati 999R/RS (A bike). Started life as a 999R but I had support fro the WSB team so if you look close you can see some choice Corse stuff on there. Namely the 62mm exhaust, Corse tail section/seat and carbon/Kevlar fuel tank, 16.5" Marchesini forged mag wheels, mag triples, Corse radiator/oil cooler, close ratio trans and the motor was just slightly less wild than the WSBK stuff just because I couldn't afford to fire them in every ten seconds like the WSBK guys do. I wish I kept one of them and had it in the hose as art now. Live and learn.

DSC01807.JPG

DSC01795.JPG

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Nice collection! I'm not into collecting cars/bikes for the sake of collecting them, but I do have a few that are near and dear. Seeing yours brings me back. And reminds me I need a few things.

-I need a General Lee

-I've got that Mad Max Interceptor.:good:

-I absolutely need to get at least one JPS

-You've got some good bikes in there! I've got a couple of 998RS's , 999RS's , 990cc #12 Desmosedici, 996S and a 2005 GSXR1000 (which is one of the best race bikes I ever had). I got those Ducati's back when I was racing them and had minor factory support. Man, I miss the good ol days, but I wouldn't do it again.

My 1:1 scale 2005 Ducati 999R/RS (A bike). Started life as a 999R but I had support fro the WSB team so if you look close you can see some choice Corse stuff on there. Namely the 62mm exhaust, Corse tail section/seat and carbon/Kevlar fuel tank, 16.5" Marchesini forged mag wheels, mag triples, Corse radiator/oil cooler, close ratio trans and the motor was just slightly less wild than the WSBK stuff just because I couldn't afford to fire them in every ten seconds like the WSBK guys do. I wish I kept one of them and had it in the hose as art now. Live and learn.

DSC01807.JPG

DSC01795.JPG

that is an absolutely gorgeous Ducati!! Always loved the 999 but could never afford to have one..

I had two K6 GSXR 1000 which are the same as the K5 and yes they are the best bikes I've ever owned or ridden. My first one ended up becoming a track bike with some reasonable mods and I nearly went with the 16.5 inch wheels. Had better rad and oil coolers, better gearing, lighter and chain and sprockets, race loom, cams, port work, ohlins suspension internals front and rear, major weight reduction, better more adjustable slipper clutch, Brembo front calipers, super light weight lithium battery. It ended up not much over 150kg with oil, coolant and 5-6 litres of fuel. Major major regrets selling it. 

I once had a lot more cars and bikes but many of them were for the sake of collecting and I got to the point I wasn't enjoying it and sold almost all them. What I have now is stuff I actually really like. Yes I do still buy and sell but my collection pretty much follows the current theme.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up another V8supercar Holden VE Commodore on the weekend. One of the roof pillar decals had peeled off and was floating around in the box but I wasn't able to save it as it was all crumbled and disintegrating. The car still looks great without it! Gonna try and get another made up. 

20191117_101709.jpg

20191117_101653.jpg