• sh9000 changed the title to Captain Marvel 2 - November 11, 2022
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios The Marvels - July 28, 2023
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios The Marvels
  • 1 month later...

This has the looks of another marvel film without focus. I’m hoping I’m wrong and it’s actually gonna be great, but right now I get the feeling that Disney is in a hole where they don’t know how to climb out and just keep digging their mess deeper. That goes for everything Disney is involved with recently from Willow to Star Wars and everything thing in between 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just don't know how well this one will do, the first movie didn't set the world on fire, it was beyond mid, Captain Marvel herself had a few other quick appearances here and there, and the other two characters are from D+ shows most casual fans probably haven't even seen. 

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I just don't know how well this one will do, the first movie didn't set the world on fire, it was beyond mid, Captain Marvel herself had a few other quick appearances here and there, and the other two characters are from D+ shows most casual fans probably haven't even seen. 

I liked the first Captain Marvel movie, but it definitely wasn’t the best of the mcu. This one as you said isn’t getting the talk the first film did at all. I like the other characters, but just like you said, almost nobody has an attachment to them. With the lack of advertising, I get the feeling that everyone including the mouse has doubts for its success. Hopefully the movie ends up far better than it appears, since they were supposed to be adding in Rogue if I remember correctly as well as finally giving more than a hint about mutants this time around.

I’m almost having doubts about Rogue even being in this thing anymore. I don’t remember seeing any ads with her.

oddly, from the last line in most of the ads , I’d almost expect a Six Million Dollar man cameo

Edited by Big s

3 hours ago, Big s said:

I keep forgetting this movie is coming out. If this little update here didn’t show I mnot have be aware. There seems to be very little advertising for it in comparison to the other mcu films. 

As of posting, the actors are still on strike and without the loudest members of the production out there promoting their shows and movies, advertising has been curtailed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This comes out this Friday? Really? I had no idea, will definitely wait for D+, looks super mid. Gotta say, I find it a bit desperate they tried really, really hard in the very beginning of that new trailer to tie this into Endgame and Thanos, even though this features a villain nobody has ever heard of, and doesn't care about, and features two other leads from two different D+ shows I'm positive most average moviegoers didn't watch, this just doesn't seem like it's going to do any better then Quantumania, and that film was nearly literal garbage. Poor Samuel L. Jackson, so much hype for his return in Secret Wars, and that ended up being as bad, possibly worse, then Inhumans, and now seeing him hobble around in this? Yikes, they done Fury worse then Hulk, and that's saying something. 

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

This comes out this Friday? Really? I had no idea, will definitely wait for D+, looks super mid. Gotta say, I find it a bit desperate they tried really, really hard in the very beginning of that new trailer to tie this into Endgame and Thanos, even though this features a villain nobody has ever heard of, and doesn't care about, and features two other leads from two different D+ shows I'm positive most average moviegoers didn't watch, this just doesn't seem like it's going to do any better then Quantumania, and that film was nearly literal garbage. Poor Samuel L. Jackson, so much hype for his return in Secret Wars, and that ended up being as bad, possibly worse, then Inhumans, and now seeing him hobble around in this? Yikes, they done Fury worse then Hulk, and that's saying something. 

It definitely looks kinda cheap. I guess they blew the budget on the shows. I just wish there was something in these trailers to be interested in. They just seem like a low rent avengers leftovers team fighting another average skybeam bad guy.

So far the presales have been pretty low for this movie, so at least there won’t be crowds for anyone that’s going to check it out.

As far as fury vs the Hulk, at least fury made out with an alien and ended up a hero, sort of the last time we saw him. I think the last time we saw the Hulk, he was being told that all his struggles were minor in comparison to being a basic drunk bimbo lawyer and then being told she’s now better than him in every way making him obsolete.

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Same same. We'll treat this like it's a Disney+ exclusive release. I'll order some pizza and drinks. And if we didn't like it mid-way, we'll just switch it to other shows.

All the recent talk about this movie sounds ominous. Was super disappointed with Secret Invasion (putting off watching Loki 2 coz of it) and the last Antman was ok but forgettable. But I'm hoping this movie will do well overall and not become a BO flop... coz I really like Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. 

Edited by m0n5t3r

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Same same. We'll treat this like it's a Disney+ exclusive release. I'll order some pizza and drinks. And if we didn't like it mid-way, we'll just switch it to other shows.

How bout we get all the food and snacks and even if it’s bad, finish it as a challenge. And if it’s really really bad, then we talk crap about it while munching away. We can make it fun wether it’s good or bad and it’s a free watch