• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios Fantastic Four - November 8, 2024
  • 1 month later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios Fantastic Four - February 14, 2025
  • 1 year later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios Fantastic Four
13 minutes ago, Big s said:

Pedro is the go to guy for every franchise from DC to Marvel to Starwars and video game movies. Pretty soon he’ll be a candidate for President and everyone will break out their old vote for Pedro merch

Yeah and its getting kinda old. It's like they're trying to gain nerd cred by casting Pedro Pascal. Pedro is a fine actor but maybe they should look for some new faces??

I do like Pedro Pascal, but I was hoping for Kransinski to reprise the role. Although, Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm will make me not mind at all no matter the outcome! She is the only reason I would ever watch a Fast/Furious movie!

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Yeah and its getting kinda old. It's like they're trying to gain nerd cred by casting Pedro Pascal. Pedro is a fine actor but maybe they should look for some new faces??

Pedro Pascal is 48 at time of posting. By the time this movie comes out, he's gonna be 50. Yeah, younger would have been better, especially for these franchise movies where multiple appearances over a decade can be expected.

Rumor has it...

Spoiler

...this might be a period movie with it taking place in the 60s(?) or 70s(?).

28 minutes ago, azrael said:

Pedro Pascal is 48 at time of posting. By the time this movie comes out, he's gonna be 50. Yeah, younger would have been better, especially for these franchise movies where multiple appearances over a decade can be expected.

Rumor has it...

Hide contents

I like that rumor 

1 hour ago, azrael said:

...Rumor has it...

Hide contents

That would fit the aesthetics of the image as well as their costumes. Personally, I would hope for a...

Spoiler

...modern setting.

47 minutes ago, Thom said:

That would fit the aesthetics of the image as well as their costumes. Personally, I would hope for a...

Reveal hidden contents

...modern setting.

Yep.  Can pretty much already tell around when it takes place from the image.

• 1 month later...

She's playing Shalla Bal, Immortal Empress of Zenn-la and the lover to Norrin Rad (in the comics.)

I wonder if they'll hold to the comics to explain her as being a Silver Surfer, seeing as at one time she also had the Power Cosmic?

15 hours ago, Thom said:

She's playing Shalla Bal, Immortal Empress of Zenn-la and the lover to Norrin Rad (in the comics.)

I wonder if they'll hold to the comics to explain her as being a Silver Surfer, seeing as at one time she also had the Power Cosmic?

Didn’t she only have the silver surfer thing for like an odd issue or two and die right after. This seems pretty lame. Disney is already jumping at the female replacement without even introducing the most famous Silver Surfer. I had my hopes up that maybe we’d finally get a good FF4 movie, but my hopes are definitely sinking. This is gonna be another wait and see kinda thing so far. 

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Didn’t she only have the silver surfer thing for like an odd issue or two and die right after. This seems pretty lame. Disney is already jumping at the female replacement without even introducing the most famous Silver Surfer. I had my hopes up that maybe we’d finally get a good FF4 movie, but my hopes are definitely sinking. This is gonna be another wait and see kinda thing so far. 

There is precedent for the character, and they did introduce Silver Surfer in FF2, now whether you liked it or not..?:p I'm interested to see if they are merely doing a gender flip (which really doesn't bother me in the least) or if they will take from the character's actual past and use that in the story.

To tell the truth, my one draw back so far is Pedro Pascal. I like him enough as an actor, but I never pictured him as Reed. I'll have to see it in action.

1 minute ago, Thom said:

There is precedent for the character, and they did introduce Silver Surfer in FF2, now whether you liked it or not..?:p I'm interested to see if they are merely doing a gender flip (which really doesn't bother me in the least) or if they will take from the character's actual past and use that in the story.

To tell the truth, my one draw back so far is Pedro Pascal. I like him enough as an actor, but I never pictured him as Reed. I'll have to see it in action.

I can deal with Pedro easier than just bringing in a goofy barely Silver Surfer. It’s like if they introduced a non Peter Parker Spider-Man and went with a spidey that wasn’t even the miles morales one. It’s the replacement of a replacement character. It’s just lame

21 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Jeffrey Wright will reportedly play a live-action version of The Watcher.

Wonder if they'll bother making him look like the the Watchers in GotG2.

15 hours ago, Big s said:

Are you sure it’s not Jenny instead of Jeffrey

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hogxwf56fs51qpnpee3