Spoilers and leaks are popping up like crazy right now, be wary folks. I just had a major, major cameo spoiled by some idiot trolling in a totally unrelated article on another site, some people just want to watch the world burn I guess.

Cameo spoiler:

Spoiler

Captain Picard AND Captain Pike!

And non-spoiler tip:  The mid-credit scene is short but not super-critical IMHO (its not like, the mid-credit scene from Capt America or anything).  The post-credits scene is a one-line throwaway joke from a very minor character that has zero impact on the MCU, and is VERY skippable if you just want to leave the theater.   

Saw it Sunday and absolutely loved it! Best film in the newest MCU phase by far! Sam Raimi still has that horror touch, I really liked this film quite a bit, it was a fun ride beginning to end. Definitely interested in seeing where things will go given the ending, pretty crazy stuff. 

Spoiler

Bummer about the Illuminati, but I get it, Wanda is Omega-level powerful even if the MCU doesn't have a designation for that. John K. from The Office as Mr. Fantastic was frakking awesome! Fan casting, dream casting really, actually happened. I doubt Disney will hire someone else for the upcoming MCU F4 movie, John was just perfect, I get there's a multi-verse and physical looks don't always carry over from universe to universe, but I'll be pretty damn disappointed if this is all we got of Jim from The Office as Mr. Fantastic. Sir Patrick Stewart as, what looked like to me, a straight live-action version of the original X-Men Animated Series Professor X was icing on the cake, I even heard the theme too, really great stuff!

I enjoyed the hell out of it, I'll definitely be grabbing it on 4K when available, it was a fun film. 

On 5/7/2022 at 4:34 PM, jvmacross said:

Just got back from watching a very special episode of Wandavision.....

:rolleyes:

This made me LOL.

Also QFT

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Saw it Sunday and absolutely loved it! Best film in the newest MCU phase by far! Sam Raimi still has that horror touch, I really liked this film quite a bit, it was a fun ride beginning to end. Definitely interested in seeing where things will go given the ending, pretty crazy stuff. 

Reveal hidden contents

Bummer about the Illuminati, but I get it, Wanda is Omega-level powerful even if the MCU doesn't have a designation for that. John K. from The Office as Mr. Fantastic was frakking awesome! Fan casting, dream casting really, actually happened. I doubt Disney will hire someone else for the upcoming MCU F4 movie, John was just perfect, I get there's a multi-verse and physical looks don't always carry over from universe to universe, but I'll be pretty damn disappointed if this is all we got of Jim from The Office as Mr. Fantastic. Sir Patrick Stewart as, what looked like to me, a straight live-action version of the original X-Men Animated Series Professor X was icing on the cake, I even heard the theme too, really great stuff!

I enjoyed the hell out of it, I'll definitely be grabbing it on 4K when available, it was a fun film. 

Respectfully disagree, Shang Chi and Spider-Man: No Way Home were superior in many ways, but this WAS good and I enjoyed it a lot. Raimi was perfect for this material and I loved how he managed to sneak in some of his old movie-making tricks with camera-work and horror elements.

Spoiler

Things I liked

Loved the fan-casting of John Krasinski as Reed Richards, loved Anson Mount returning as Black Bolt, loved Sir Patrick's cameo, loved Captain Carter and Captain Marvel. But more than I loved seeing this iteration of the Illuminati, I loved Wanda killing them! Probably my favorite sequence. I also hope the actual Mr. Fantastic is played by someone else now that the fanservice is out of the way, but I probably wouldn't complain if they stick with John in the role.

I also really liked Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez, she brought a real presence to the role. I don't know anything about the comic version, so I have no idea how faithful a representation it is, but I think she killed it. Benedict Cumberbatch did great as well, all of the acting was good IMO, the weakest performance was probably John K. as Mr. Fantastic. But Elizabeth Olsen straight up STOLE the movie, special episode of Wanda Vision indeed.

Minor Observations/Nit-picks

Wanda was way under powered compared to Earth 616 (i.e. Comics)

MCU Earth is NOT 616, it's 199999.

-b.

I liked it a lot! Fun movie with a lot of action, which is just true to form with MCU movies.

I had stayed away from the later trailers and any discussions, so...

Spoiler

...having Wanda be the Big Bad was a surprise. Was really hoping she wasn't, but there you go, and with some of the best motivation, mildly tweaked by an evil tome. Fitting that the only people who could stop her were her 'sons' seeing her as the monster. Really hoping they turn her around in the next movie or WandaVision season 2!

And of course, Captain Carter! (Yes, I wore the t-shirt!) Atwell looked fantastic in the suit and shield. After seeing that, I would love to see a movie centered on her, just without her being cut in half...

🤔

Pluses all around. Solid 4 from 5!

Edited by Thom