SSSS Gridman & SSSS Dynazenon Anime

I did a search and only a few people posted about this show. I have a few episodes left but so far it's a really good mech show. There are shots in it that are straight out of Dangaio OVA.

I'm considering getting the toy but there are versions by MegaHouse and Good Smile. I was curious if anyone knows which is better? I'm still searching for reviews but will get more into it after the show.

8 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I did a search and only a few people posted about this show. I have a few episodes left but so far it's a really good mech show. There are shots in it that are straight out of Dangaio OVA.

I'm considering getting the toy but there are versions by MegaHouse and Good Smile. I was curious if anyone knows which is better? I'm still searching for reviews but will get more into it after the show.

Wow, never knew there was a near scene-for-scene copy of Dangaioh.

Looking forward to what you think of the last episode.

According to Japanese reviewers, the Good Smile version is the one to get as it's bigger and a lot less finicky than the MegaHouse version.

I have the Good Smile version. It's very nice.

Edited by Vifam7

16 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

Wow, never knew there was a near scene-for-scene copy of Dangaioh.

Looking forward to what you think of the last episode.

According to Japanese reviewers, the Good Smile version is the one to get as it's bigger and a lot less finicky than the MegaHouse version.

I have the Good Smile version. It's very nice.

Episode 3 also has some stuff directly from Dangaio episode 2. There is probably more from other anime that I'm just not familiar with.

I finished the show and I'll spoiler tag just in case.

Spoiler

The Akane in the real world was a surprise. I thought after the mountain trip episode that it was going to be some kind of simulated or dream world. When they showed the tech sky in that later episode, I wasn't sure I would like where they were going. As nothing in the show so far setup the Matrix or tech like simulation. But I'm reading the wiki and apparently the original show was based off computer stuff. And it was live action too. Still I posted on MFC that I probably feel a bit like people who watched Tron Legacy without seeing the original Tron. And Akane's room in the ending didn't have a computer or a magical teleporting laser that I noticed. Still I like the show enough to get the Blu-ray and watch it again.

Also I should note that I've never watched an Ultraman show. I got Ultraman confused with Spectreman originally. And I only remembered Ultraman from a launch SNES game that I didn't like. And in Gridman, they talk about the Ultra series a few times so I probably missed a lot of references.

12 hours ago, Bobby said:

Agreed...+1 on the GoodSmile version (8"- 9" tall) vs. MegaHouse version (4"- 5" tall). 

I'll probably pick one up after Comic Con and Wonder Fest. I see Good Smile has a second version coming out too.

5 hours ago, Gerli said:

The lack of Akane pics in this thread is disturbing...

Reveal hidden contents

sample-92c9d2663a67604fe8597491d714c5e8.

I'm getting this version of her.

Akane.jpg.7ab696b40c78cd1933adf58875ef6b9f.jpg

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

SSSS.Gridman had so many cool Easter Eggs. I appreciated how Trigger referenced different Transformers themes with the character art. 

I've never even heard of Transformers Shattered Glass before but every character seems to be designed off one of those Transformers. SSSS Gridman is probably the coolest mech anime I've seen in a long time. But I'm hoping Evangelion is really good as I still haven't seen that beyond the first two episodes in English. And there are supposed to be Evangelion references in Gridman too according to some reviews.

5 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I've never even heard of Transformers Shattered Glass before but every character seems to be designed off one of those Transformers. SSSS Gridman is probably the coolest mech anime I've seen in a long time. But I'm hoping Evangelion is really good as I still haven't seen that beyond the first two episodes in English. And there are supposed to be Evangelion references in Gridman too according to some reviews.

Indeed. Another example is that Samurai Calibur, Max, Borr, and Vit are all modeled after the Age of Extinction Dinobots. It's a trip, but classic Trigger.

I think the Evangelion references are deeper cuts, cheeky but recognizable if you are familiar with the show (like the Dangaio scenes you noted earlier). 

• JetJockey changed the title to SSSS Gridman & SSSS Dynazenon Anime

Updated the title as I just found out about the new Gridman sequel show called SSSS Dynazenon. I don't know if I'll watch it now or wait till a bunch of episodes are up. It's only the first episode so far.

SSSS.Dynazenon.thumb.jpg.0c44c24a804a6d6eec4a603f1380bdd4.jpg