14 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

OFFICIAL DISNEY TRAILER

Even though there was so no singing in the trailer it does look good. In fact, it doesn't look like a typical Disney movie which could be a good thing.

Let's just hope they don't go for the more authentic ending... it's kind of a total downer.

40 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Let's just hope they don't go for the more authentic ending... it's kind of a total downer.

Had to do some quick Google research, agreed. Hopefully the ending is more upbeat.

-b.

What are y'all talking about the cartoon movie IS the real ending shut up stop lying

This looks way better than I expected. Call me a traitorous weaboo a-hole, though, but the entire trailer I kept catching myself wishing they'd switch back to a native Chinese dialect and not this weird English dub, the voices just don't match the characters, Disney really dropped the ball there. :lol:

I fully expect that the Chinese release will be in Mandarin.  They do have a Shanghai Disneyland Park after all.  And they did make a full Hawaiian language version of Moana.  The trailer looks good.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That would be the typical Chinese drama.  Classically tragic.

Most audiences would hate that ending, and if it did I wouldn't go see it in the theater, so that's money out of their pocket. Doubt they'd do that. I can see this having an ending similar to the animated movie, in that being a Happy Ending even though is not based on the animated Disney movie at all, but on the original poem itself. Probably why we also won't see Mushu or cricket... May not have any singing either.

Personally, I wish it was more in-line with the animated movie, but what we are seeing so far, I'm liking.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Most audiences would hate that ending, and if it did I wouldn't go see it in the theater, so that's money out of their pocket. Doubt they'd do that. I can see this having an ending similar to the animated movie, in that being a Happy Ending even though is not based on the animated Disney movie at all, but on the original poem itself. Probably why we also won't see Mushu or cricket... May not have any singing either.

Personally, I wish it was more in-line with the animated movie, but what we are seeing so far, I'm liking.

They hinted Mushu will be that eagle with she.

43 minutes ago, Old_Nash said:

Probably for the best.  I mean, an eagle's not that uncommon a sight... whereas I doubt anyone in the Chinese Empire's army would care much that she was a woman once they noticed she brought an actual goddamn dragon with her.  That's one step short of having a permission slip signed and sealed by the Jade Emperor himself.

4 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

But does it talk..?

57 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is this a Chinese-American cast? Or have they cast mostly Chinese actors?

Liu Yifei is listed as American-Chinese.

Well she was born in China, moved to US at age 10 and gained citizenship , moved back to China after a few years and was mostly active in China so I guess she's a good mix of both countries.

Edited by eXis10z

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

Looks good. Disney is working on a catalog of live action from animation..

Not really.

There's a point at which so much of your footage is just computer-animated effects that you don't have a live-action show. You have a CG cartoon with the occasional real-world face pasted onto it.

What I'm saying is that Disney isn't doing live-action remakes, they're doing new cartoons.

And possibly that the Marvel movies are cartoons.

8 hours ago, JB0 said:

Not really.

There's a point at which so much of your footage is just computer-animated effects that you don't have a live-action show. You have a CG cartoon with the occasional real-world face pasted onto it.

What I'm saying is that Disney isn't doing live-action remakes, they're doing new cartoons.

And possibly that the Marvel movies are cartoons.

LOL!

So does this mean a live-action Pochehantes and Hunchback of Notre Dam are also in the works since Disney is obviously out of new ideas.

To be honest, this is the first live-action Disney flick that I actually might go so.

Edited by Shadow

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

So does this mean a live-action Pochehantes and Hunchback of Notre Dam are also in the works since Disney is obviously out of new ideas.

To be honest, this is the first live-action Disney flick that I actually might go so.

Those are currently not on the radar. Hercules is however.

If The Rescuers and The Great Mouse Detective live-action remakes make a profit, you can bet Sony will bring back Stuart Little... and then Spielberg will have to produce a CGI American Tail remake.

The floodgates are wide open now!  :o

I'd be hoping for Tangled, Frozen and Atlantis! There was a live-action version of the Frozen in Once Upon a Time, even a Mulan and Merida. The stories could have used some work, but the actresses pulled the roles off well enough.

Watched the trailer again, this doesn't even feel like a Disney movie, or rather one re-imagined from a cartoon. At least not yet and for me that's a good thing. I'm interested in watching it assuming it has the same feel as this first trailer.

-b.

12 minutes ago, Thom said:

I'd be hoping for Tangled, Frozen and Atlantis! There was a live-action version of the Frozen in Once Upon a Time, even a Mulan and Merida. The stories could have used some work, but the actresses pulled the roles off well enough.

I'm hoping they remember they own Fox Animation. Anastasia remake(yawn) and then Titan AE gets another chance.

17 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

YES to Titan AE

-b.

Then maybe I could finally get a model of the Valkyrie!

18 hours ago, JB0 said:

I'm hoping they remember they own Fox Animation. Anastasia remake(yawn) and then Titan AE gets another chance.

And I hadbn't even thought of Anastasia! That would be cool.

• 4 months later...

If they manage to pull this off as well as those trailers, yeah, I'll be seeing this.  Looks like they're entirely ditching the musical aspects, and making a straight up fantasy action movie.  Much more crouching tiger, much less animated dragon. :p

I can't see them making it too violent, but the combat doesn't seem to be pulling many punches in presentation.  At the very most, I figure we'll get LOTR-levels of blood (probably closer to the Narnia movies), but it looks good.

Far as the trend goes, yeah, it's definitely time to add Anastasia as an official Disney princess, and I would gladly shove money into my screen for adaptations of Titan AE, Atlantis, and Treasure Planet.

Edited by Chronocidal