Southern California Earthquakes [2019]

I live right on it... It's been a rough couple of days, but I'm doing ok. 

A lot of my DX VFs lost their shelf spots for now, but nothing broke I think. Small victories. Not most important of course. 

Glad your ok MD. I haven’t experience a big one here in Cali since Northridge. I’m north of the Bay now, but no matter where in Cali we live (as this should remind us) , it’s not a question of if..

Best wishes 

B

All good here in LA. Did scare the kids, but after speaking with them they feel more confident and understand that panicking will not help. My collection survived but that is the very least of my worries.

The big one is yet to come. This is the story that scared me as a kid and to this day nothing. Knocks on wood.

Hope everyone affected directly and indirectly made it through safe and sound.

Before moving to Lawrence, KS, I used to live in the San Fernando Valley for 30 years & 2 years in Murrieta, I was there for the Whittier & 94 Northridge quake, scary times. 

Glad you guys are ok and no major damage. B))

I'm definitely a long distance away from the epicenter.  And the rolling motion definitely got my pool sloshing big-time, displacing massive chunks of water.

But that was probably the gentlest 7.1 earthquake I ever experienced.  More of a gentle roll than a sudden shake or drop.

Ain't knocking the damage anyone closer to the epicenter experienced, and I hope everyone got out of this one physically safe.