SOC GX-01 & 2 Renewal version

Hi wasabi :D

I've just ordered the GX-02 R from hlj.com and of course it's worth buying cause I only own 1 SOC so far : the best, the awesome GX-04 S Grendizer ! :lol: .

Actually, there are improvements which are detailed at hlj and I advise you to have a look there and you 'll make up your mind : 2 GX-01 ? 2 GX-02 ? :p

Hi wasabi :D

I've just ordered the GX-02 R from hlj.com and of course it's worth buying cause I only own 1 SOC so far : the best, the awesome GX-04 S Grendizer ! :lol: .

Actually, there are improvements which are detailed at hlj and I advise you to have a look there and you 'll make up your mind : 2 GX-01 ? 2 GX-02 ? :p

thanks for the advice....now I'm so tempted to buy these two....... :rolleyes:

yet, I also like to buy the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru which will be released this coming Oct. What a dilemma. Consider I already had 1/48 VF-1S & VF-1A MAX. This is going to hurt my wallet pretty bad. :(

BTW, i have them both, as well as the first issues...they're pretty cool. if i had to choose, i'd buy the R versions

Thanks for the info...........

According to the description from HLJ, they are slightly bigger than the first version and have more accessories, is that right?

Their thighs seem to have different covering materials......or I should say the newer versions seem to have solid metallic appearance.

The wing/booster for Great Mazinger (GX-02R) seems to be different ....can not be pushed in anymore...rather, they provide a little guy for exchange.... :unsure:

Edited by wasabi-elephant

yes, they're taller because the shoulders are thicker. you can find comparison pictures in that thread i indicated.

the number of accessories seems pretty much the same, but there are less parts to assemble.

the scrander for GX-01R comes already assembled in the box, unlike GX-01 where you have to put it together.

the scrander for GX-01R is leaner and more streamlined that the GX-02, which kinda looks clunky (but the wings retract). instead of retract partially (only about halfway on the orig), you replace it with a kind of backpack version...looks like how it does in the mazinkaiser series.

also, the great booster for the GX-02R has its wings swept forward, while the GX-01 has it swept back.

thighs for both the R versions are in chrome, so they do look better than the originals' thighs which were in flat silver paint.