Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

7 hours ago, twich said:

Is that a YF-29 we see in the clips that have been posted?

twich

Isn't it the new enemy valk?

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Looks like they figured out how to get us to buy the whole damn squad again.  A variants for all.

Yamato figure that out😛

16 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Isn't it the new enemy valk?

Yamato figure that out😛

I do not think it is the enemy valk, the color of the YF-29 valk is blue, like Hayate’s scheme, where the enemy valk is black with neon colored strips. The reason I think it is a YF-29 is the distinctive vertical tail fins and the two little humps next to it for the integrated tornado cannons. At first I thought it was the trailer for the new Macross Frontier special, but then I saw a VF-31 in there too.

Twich

27 minutes ago, twich said:

I do not think it is the enemy valk, the color of the YF-29 valk is blue, like Hayate’s scheme, where the enemy valk is black with neon colored strips. The reason I think it is a YF-29 is the distinctive vertical tail fins and the two little humps next to it for the integrated tornado cannons. At first I thought it was the trailer for the new Macross Frontier special, but then I saw a VF-31 in there too.

Twich

It's a 29 with the wings tucked in.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:20 AM, seti88 said:

So we now have a name and a designation to go with this art of a new VF-31 derivative used by Xaos...

VF-31AX Kairos Plus.

That, I suspect, lends some support to the theory that this is a downgrade from the Siegfried type rather than an upgrade.  They did appear to be less heavily modified versions of the VF-31A from the outset, and I guess this seems to confirm that suspicion.

On 7/3/2021 at 5:09 PM, no3Ljm said:

That is somehow new. Replacing where the fold quartz used to be beside the head. Probably a modified fold quartz mixed with Windermerean tech maybe?

10406478a3.jpg.1ffde9ab223bb1612b7e89abbbe9316e.jpg

E5XZgJ0VgAQaKtd.jpeg.082cf2b8074ca5f7debcd5525cebac73.jpeg

Given the designation and the name, it's possible that the fold quartz that was fitted to the Siegfried type is no longer present and has been replaced by something else like sensor systems.

Well that is interesting, I wonder how Xaos is saving up enough money to spring for a YF-29(or VF-29 since it is almost 10 years later), maybe this explains why no fold quartz for the Siegfrieds, perhaps they had to downgrade them to scrounge for enough fold quartz to outfit a YF-29 to full potential. So, this gets me thinking, if they need a YF-29 to take on the next enemy, is the new enemy valk a) require an Android, and b) is as powerful as a VF-27 Super. 
I am really digging the neon on black valk for the new enemy. I wonder how that will translate to a DX Chogokin transforming toy.

Twich

1 minute ago, twich said:

Well that is interesting, I wonder how Xaos is saving up enough money to spring for a YF-29(or VF-29 since it is almost 10 years later), maybe this explains why no fold quartz for the Siegfrieds, perhaps they had to downgrade them to scrounge for enough fold quartz to outfit a YF-29 to full potential. So, this gets me thinking, if they need a YF-29 to take on the next enemy, is the new enemy valk a) require an Android, and b) is as powerful as a VF-27 Super. 
I am really digging the neon on black valk for the new enemy. I wonder how that will translate to a DX Chogokin transforming toy.

There is the hypothesis that the new enemy Valkyrie is unmanned, and we've seen someone in the trailer who looks pretty damned cybernetic.  Maybe we're Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere-ing this one?

My thought was that this cybernetic person was the female next singer….nothing saying that besides singing she can’t be a Valkyrie pilot or controller, if unmanned.

Twich

Definitely interested to know what this about.  The green hologram at the beginning of the trailer appears to be what this gal is inside of, and it's repeatedly marked with the words DE-124 SIREN DELTA SYSTEM.

image.png.a930a4512bd5e4b610800dd7249a357f.png

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Definitely interested to know what this about.  The green hologram at the beginning of the trailer appears to be what this gal is inside of, and it's repeatedly marked with the words DE-124 SIREN DELTA SYSTEM.

image.png.a930a4512bd5e4b610800dd7249a357f.png

Could this be the legendary lady M?!

23 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Looks like the bird girl on the Visual banner art fronting Walkure.

Edited by wmkjr

Even though the tv series ending didn't pair Mirage with Hayate (I gather it's that obvious which side of the love triangle I always supported with that statement hehe), hopefully with this bit of spoiler alert above me and some established scenes between the two, Hayate/Mirage might happen in Zettai Live!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Spunky said:

Even though the tv series ending didn't pair Mirage with Hayate (I gather it's that obvious which side of the love triangle I always supported with that statement hehe), hopefully with this bit of spoiler alert above me and some established scenes between the two, Hayate/Mirage might happen in Zettai Live!!!!!!

There's precedent there. Hikaru slept with both Minmay & Misa, and Myung slept with both Guld & Isamu. So it could happen.

1 hour ago, Spunky said:

While I do not like how you mentioned it I do agree. I always assumed that with Frejya having such a short live as a Windermerian that Hayate would eventually get in a relationship with Mirage after Frejya's death. Though I cannot help but wonder if the two had any kids what their lifespans would be with being a hybrid Windermerian/Human. That is why I wanted to see a sort of trio emerging between the three. All three knew that eventually Frejya wouldn't be around for long therefore settled in a trio to make things work for the longer aged Hayate and Mirage when Frejya passed.

Mirage doesn't strike me as the kind to "play the waiting game," so to speak. :lol: Or rather, she SHOULDN'T be the kind to play the waiting game. Waiting in the wings. Playing second fiddle. What-have-you.

I remember it being a major disappointment when the show (and first movie? I forget now...) ended with her weirdly, third-wheel-edly telling the two of them, "So yeah, I love you too, it's cool if you don't like me back."

It was such a copout, the show trying to have its cake and eat it too. Just have her be on her own. Let her growth be undefined by romance. It's fine. That's what I hope for with this second movie. If they actually go with "Well Freyja's dead now, guess it's Mirage's turn"... Well, I won't be surprised, just disappointed.

I'm just gonna throw this out here. What if the Tron Valk is made for combat Mikumo, and she is the one they end up having to fight? That would mean they only have 4 Walkure members to complete this goal, and it takes Sheryl and Ranka coming in the end (now the 6 !!!!!!) to help save them all?

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

Oh could DE-124 Siren be the new fighter designation?:pardon:👁️

A lot of us have theorized that the new enemy Valkyrie is an unmanned unit... in this case, I'm increasingly drawn to suspect that it's being remotely operated by this new girl, who appears to be a cyborg of some description.

26 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

I'm just gonna throw this out here. What if the Tron Valk is made for combat Mikumo, and she is the one they end up having to fight? That would mean they only have 4 Walkure members to complete this goal, and it takes Sheryl and Ranka coming in the end (now the 6 !!!!!!) to help save them all?

Pretty sure the Labyrinth of Time short feature has been described as a separate project?

Besides, wouldn't Mikumo come off rather flat and undeveloped sharing screen time with the character she's an expy of both in-universe and out?

19 hours ago, Marzan said:

... an interesting possibility.

I suppose it's not impossible, if she went full-cyborg the way the Macross Galaxy fleet's executives did.  

What little we know about Lady M points to her being quite old by the time of the Macross Delta TV series (Q2 2067).  She's said to have been researching the power of songs as a weapon since the end of the First Space War.  Even if she were just 18 at the end of the First Space War, she'd be over 75 years old by the time this film is set.

It'd be a hell of a plot twist if that's it, though... especially since Berger Stone would've effectively predicted it all the way back in episode 19 of the TV series!

When he's explaining the history of music on the battlefield, he shares a rumor he heard that Lady M has been applying her research into the power of songs to the development of an ultimate weapon able to bring that power to bear at its fullest potential.  The very next thing he mentions is that there are two conflicting rumors about its nature: one being that it's a living weapon created through genetic engineering, and the other being an android.  Makina and Reina conclude this refers to Mikumo, who was revealed in the series and the first movie to be an illegal clone Lady M created for the Tactical Sound Unit program.  

What if both rumors were true?

What if the girl from the trailer is the other Mikumo prototype?  An android, rather than a bio-construct, programmed to do the same job as a Tactical Sound Unit by broadcasting fold waves both to manage Var syndrome and provide remote control to unmanned fighters?

17 hours ago, charles88 said:

6fTQaW6.jpg

OMG, Frejya is dying. Look at her backneck shows her crystallization is already at late stage. Hopefully Movie show how she survive in the end.

That much is expected, at least.  The TV series and first movie both took care to establish that using her rune to boost her natural abilities came at the cost of shortening her lifespan and that the effects are cumulative.  Prince Heinz is as bedridden and infirm as his 35 year old father was at the tender age of 9 due to abusing his runes to weaponize Var syndrome against the New UN Government, and Qasim basically killed himself by overclocking his reflexes with his rune until he aged to death in his cockpit.

She's important to the merchandising, so I'm sure there'll be some copout at the end.

28 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Pretty sure the Labyrinth of Time short feature has been described as a separate project?

Besides, wouldn't Mikumo come off rather flat and undeveloped sharing screen time with the character she's an expy of both in-universe and out?

Separate project doesn't mean that it can't be a part of the movie. From what I remember, it wasn't described exactly as that, but it is something that will be shown aside from the movie (be it a new song/video, short episode, etc.)

As for the second point, I don't know your thinking to get to that opinion, so I can't really respond to it. It is your speculations that you're basing that opinion on, and so there's nothing for me to comment on for it. I don't think she'd come off flat, as there's a lot that can be done with the story there, but I don't have set expectations and ideas.

1 minute ago, Dressykamila1 said:

Is that megaroad? 

Hide contents

Brak dostępnego opisu zdjęcia.

The ‘green’ part in the background or the one the Valkyries catapulted from? If the latter, then I would assume that it’s still the Elysion since it wasn’t destroyed from the series/movie. If the former, it’s hard to tell for now.

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

„Zielona” część w tle czy ta, z której katapultowały się Walkirie? Jeśli to drugie, to założyłbym, że to wciąż Elysion, ponieważ nie został zniszczony z serialu/filmu. Jeśli to pierwsze, na razie trudno powiedzieć.

I'm, talking about green parts

• azrael changed the title to Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022
  • azrael pinned this topic
  • azrael unpinned this topic