Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

6 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Pretty extreme long game plan they’re going with Delta as a whole.

It’s not that much longer than Frontier when you think about it. 

Frontier began airing in 2008. 
Wings of Farewell was released in 2011.

Delta began airing in 2016.

Zettai Live releases in 2021

(after presumably having been delayed by Covid like pretty much everything else. Subtract a year for that and Delta only has a media cycle that’s only a year longer than Frontier, which makes sense given that there were more concerts and related events in between entries for Delta)

I’m interested in what it is going to be about.  So far everything that has been said so far give the impression that this is just a second movie going beyond what the TV series went through.  Does it feel like this it is leading towards a conclusion?

Edited by Einherjar

On 10/8/2020 at 3:17 AM, Einherjar said:

I’m interested in what it is going to be about.  So far everything that has been said so far give the impression that this is just a second movie going beyond what the TV series went through.  Does it feel like this it is leading towards a conclusion?

Real good point. The series left a lot of questions unanswered. I fully expect them to address those in the sequel. Otherwise it would be kind of pointless.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Lol. Have you been hanging around brofessor?:p:lol:

I actually put effort I what I do, and like the people behind Delta trying to have a long game view at this situation.  Also, I am not a weirdo who is obviously a product of this era of the Internet desperately trying to get attention for how “smart” I am.

3 hours ago, Einherjar said:

large.flowchart.jpg.5673b225a6bd49fbf6c542d05c1e0c49.jpg

Nobody is Lady M!  (No really, that's their official position so far.)

Also, you're missing a couple folks on your relationship chart there.

Between Mao Nome and Lady M should be Dr. Elma Hoyly, who developed the fold wave amplifiers used by the Tactical Sound Units during her work with Tactical Sound Unit Thrones in the early 2060s (Macross E) based on the work of her mentor, Dr. Lawrence (from Macross Dynamite 7).  Ivan Polivanov (also from Macross E) kind of belongs in the space between Grace O'Connor and Roid Brehm, as he was experimenting with using fold songs to manipulate living beings as weapons the way Grace'd tried with the Vajra.

3 hours ago, Einherjar said:

I actually put effort I what I do, and like the people behind Delta trying to have a long game view at this situation.  Also, I am not a weirdo who is obviously a product of this era of the Internet desperately trying to get attention for how “smart” I am.

ok , bruv. No disrespect. But you did put together something together for us to see how much thought power you're putting into it. Right??

let's see if Lady M is dangled before us, once again. Or if they throw something else for us to get worked up over;)

Waiting.....

Edited by Bolt

53 minutes ago, Bolt said:

ok , bruv. No disrespect. But you did put together something together for us to see how much thought power you're putting into it. Right??

let's see if Lady M is dangled before us, once again. Or if they throw something else for us to get worked up over;)

Waiting.....

I’m the guy who did I also did the Gritty Minmay pics too, remember?  Besides, it’s not as much thought power as a lot of people put in the toys, models, and workshop sections of the forum.

Edited by Einherjar

On 10/15/2020 at 1:36 PM, Marzan said:

Real good point. The series left a lot of questions unanswered. I fully expect them to address those in the sequel. Otherwise it would be kind of pointless.

They did announce a season 2 a while back.  Sometimes plans change, but maybe it’s still happening, just not at the relatively breakneck pace a lot of people were expecting.

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Season two kinda faded away..

Into the mist..

I have a feeling any point of a season 2, due to the C19 situation, was discarded (Difficulty WFH on an ongoing series).
And went ahead with the movie version, which could be completed in one go, rather than ongoing work.

11 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Nice ongoing detective work! I wish we could also do a stake-out of the production offices to find out what clues they have in their notes..

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clear up some possible misunderstandings:

1)The new tv series announced at the end of Walkure’s 2nd live as having been greenlit was never announced as being S2 of Delta. Regardless though, it’s a safe bet that whatever it was going to be, it’s on the back burner indefinitely while Zettai Live is being made. A LOT changed at that 2nd Live that also affected what was to come afterwards. 

2) While the “official” position on Lady M was that her identity would never be revealed, that all changed on March 2019 when one of the producers of Delta announced that this had changed and they were willing to at least consider divulging her identity. Whether this will ever happen, of course, is as of yet unknown. 

Excellent work folks! After Noel brightened the image and kurisama outlined what looks to be the head around the cockpit area, this valk certainly looks like to be in the drone category.

This might be the first valk whereby the cockpit itself forms the valk head.

whether or not it is AI or remote piloted bears to be seen.

1. certainly raises an AI angle as well for the second delta movie?

2. Agree with Noel that it looks too organic to be a hero valk, might be an AI antagonist ala Sharon Apple..

3. If so, lady M is minnay in digital form gone haywire??! Haha over speculation territory here...

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Excellent work folks! After Noel brightened the image and kurisama outlined what looks to be the head around the cockpit area, this valk certainly looks like to be in the drone category.

This might be the first valk whereby the cockpit itself forms the valk head.

whether or not it is AI or remote piloted bears to be seen.

1. certainly raises an AI angle as well for the second delta movie?

2. Agree with Noel that it looks too organic to be a hero valk, might be an AI antagonist ala Sharon Apple..

3. If so, lady M is minnay in digital form gone haywire??! Haha over speculation territory here...

Thanks Seti! ;) 

Besides the 'organic' comment I would also like to add it's too 'alien' looking to be a hero Valk. Reason being is that after I brighten the image, it enhances those color 'lining' on the panels. Which I think it's prominent on the side of the head, and the panels towards the bottom part which I think it makes up the chest side area. You can see this 'lining' somehow on the adjusted pic in Fighter mode. Hence, too 'alien' approach like the 'Tori no Hito' from MZero and those Ancient monuments that we saw in M30 and from MDelta.

And yes, I'm also in the speculation territory. :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.cbce796a907e127205fd493de6080135.png

kinda looks simliar, but I see a lot of differences... could be the same model, but a different mark, like the one from frontier is an A and that's a G or something...

18 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Lol. That's it:lol:

TBH I had completely forgotten about the "OMG Galaxy is under attack!" ship until you mentioned it, but I can totally see them being related

Edited by slide

5 hours ago, slide said:

image.thumb.png.cbce796a907e127205fd493de6080135.png

kinda looks simliar, but I see a lot of differences... could be the same model, but a different mark, like the one from frontier is an A and that's a G or something...

Nice find! That looks like it has a single thruster at the center back of the fuselage too. Makes 3 thrusters counting the feet? I wonder if kawamori would go down that route somehow...

• 1 month later...
  • azrael changed the title to Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022
  • azrael pinned this topic
  • azrael unpinned this topic