Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

2 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

I can see influences from a lot of places (Guld Works-style engine outlets, for instance), but the shape of the wings and canards actually look very 31A-esque to me, particularly the trailing edges and wing tips. Maybe a Guld Works VF-32 in the same vein as the 25/27 relationship?

Surya Aerospace's VF-31 wasn't - as far as we know - a product of a design competition like the one that gave rise to both the VF-25 and VF-27.

They started with the already-completed YF-30 Chronos design and modified it significantly to meet the Brisingr Alliance NUNS's requirements for a next-gen fighter and economize it so that it could be mass-produced in the relatively cash-strapped Brisingr cluster with the possibility of later exporting the design.  It's kind of a hybrid of the real-world backstories of the Mitsubishi F-2 and Mitsubishi ATX-X/X-2.

There wouldn't have been a competitor design.

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I can't tell if the engines are over-wing or around-wing.

Kind of both.  There’s more above than below but the edges of the wing line up with the bit poking out the front of the intake.  There’s at least a partial integration.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, Rigo2012 said:

Who is Lady M?

Nobody.  They literally never decided on an identity for her when they were making Macross Delta.

All we know is that she is someone who was alive during the First Space War and has been researching the military potential of song ever since.  Smart money says that, if she's ever given an identity, it'll be a Remember the New Guy? moment like every other new character who was alive and active during that period like Col. Millard Johnson from Macross Plus, Black Rainbow ace pilot Timothy Daldhanton from Macross VF-X2, Macross Frontier fleet secret sponsor and SMS owner Richard Bilra, and the anti-government militant Naresuan in Macross R.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, Rigo2012 said:

And could it be Misa?

No.  Lady M is a wealthy industrialist who's been researching the military potential of songs and running a megacorp for the last fifty-odd years.  Misa's been MIA for at least that long.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:06 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Nobody.  They literally never decided on an identity for her when they were making Macross Delta.

All we know is that she is someone who was alive during the First Space War and has been researching the military potential of song ever since.  Smart money says that, if she's ever given an identity, it'll be a Remember the New Guy? moment like every other new character who was alive and active during that period like Col. Millard Johnson from Macross Plus, Black Rainbow ace pilot Timothy Daldhanton from Macross VF-X2, Macross Frontier fleet secret sponsor and SMS owner Richard Bilra, and the anti-government militant Naresuan in Macross R.

No.  Lady M is a wealthy industrialist who's been researching the military potential of songs and running a megacorp for the last fifty-odd years.  Misa's been MIA for at least that long.

I liked your theory that Lady M was basically who Mikumo was based on. Makes the most sense to me.

So, do we have anymore information on the "new" valkyrie that is being designed for the next Macross Delta movie?  I know that there was quite a lot of speculation about what it was similar to, but I just saw the YF-21/VF-22 style fin/head laser and the mid wing engine nacelles look almost to have intakes on top and the bottom.....seems interesting

Twich

5 hours ago, twich said:

So, do we have anymore information on the "new" valkyrie that is being designed for the next Macross Delta movie?

No, we just got the picture like two weeks ago... and that's a rough draft.  I wouldn't expect to see any information about it until we start seeing magazine articles about the actual content of the movie a month or two before it's set to come out.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I like to call it the fourteen four:p

So far, Kawamori's been borrowing the SV Works design numbers from German Focke-Wolf and Messerschmitt World War II-vintage aircraft... I'd guess that trend will continue as long as this is a hostile fighter.

9 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So far, Kawamori's been borrowing the SV Works design numbers from German Focke-Wolf and Messerschmitt World War II-vintage aircraft... I'd guess that trend will continue as long as this is a hostile fighter.

But he's also basically locked in to "newer=bigger number", so he can't use 109 or 190 etc, needs to use other companies and use say 229 or 335. (they are both "famous" and "big numbers" from that group) (choosing big numbers from obscure designs isn't really his thing, AFAIK---he'd certainly go more for the 229 or 335, since they are interesting/unique/famous)  

• 4 months later...

During tonight’s 3rd Anniversary live stream for Macross Won’t Stop, a new Walkure single (an “image song” leading up to the eventual release of the new Zettai Live!!!!!! movie) was announced. 
Titled “The future belongs to women”, the new single will go on sale on May 27 and include 2 new songs and 1 remix. The first run of the single will include footage of Walkure’s performance at last year’s Flying Dog Festival. 
A free mini-concert to promote the single will be held at Hankyu Nishinomiya Gardens in Osaka on April 26.

https://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/News/A025373/3.html

A6C8BFA1-3A5B-41E9-AD0A-584A9B68791A.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I still think the “new” mecha is a VF-14 and the movie is going to be about putting on a concert at a classic air show. 

Hayate will finally get to dance in a battroid as part of the show. Mirage will sing with Walkure and her big number will be a cover of “riding in your Valkyrie” like Milia sang in M7.  There will be no mention of any actual plot elements from Delta. 

51 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I still think the “new” mecha is a VF-14 and the movie is going to be about putting on a concert at a classic air show. 

Granted, the new design teased a while back has an undeniable General Galaxy aesthetic and a vaguely VF-14-esque profile... but it has the wrong proportions to be either the Spiritia Dreaming VF-14 or the Macross M3 VF-14.

Hayate will finally get to dance in a battroid as part of the show. Mirage will sing with Walkure and her big number will be a cover of “riding in your Valkyrie” like Milia sang in M7.  There will be no mention of any actual plot elements from Delta. 

Spoiler: the new threat teased in promotional materials is audiences realizing that Delta's characters are all painfully underdeveloped and boring.

(Either that or the NUNS finally came calling to arrest Lady M and Ernest Johnson for their many crimes.)

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2020 at 8:48 PM, Sandman said:

Is there still no news about this? I swear it’s been months since I’ve checked this forum.

Hmm... I wouldn't be surprised if COVID-19 is the reason why we haven't really heard anything about the movie yet.

Edited by deathzealot

• 2 months later...

So , the new Delta single is out and about. "The future belongs to women ". 

But is anyone gonna remember it when Zettai Live finally premiers?

I haven't heard it yet, but I'm guessing it's no Ikenai Borderline. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully we can get a slew of new Bandai DX Chogokin VF-31’s either an “A” variant or some other one, then there is the new mystery valkyrie, which can have a whole slew of variants, we don’t know, then there is the potential for more/some SV-262 variants! Wonder when in 2021 we will get it?

Twich

Edited by twich

• azrael changed the title to Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022
  • azrael pinned this topic
  • azrael unpinned this topic