Jump to content

Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!!


Marzan

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dressykamila1 said:

I wonder if someone from the USA releases this film, will Japanese editions have English subtitles?

Well after whole Harmony Gold deal with Big west, this going to be biggest test that if Macross sequal Finally able to being distribute internationally 

 

Speaking of Delta movie 2

Spoiler

I guess becoming flight instructor becoming too boring for Max as he came out of his retirement and command Macross ship again with his trusty right-hand man Exodol. And he still piloting VF.
 

 

Edited by charles88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some scans from the Movie Booklet

Source: 4Chan

Not sure if they need to be posted as spoiler... they are circulating freely on social media.

I will edit the post if it's OK to post them.

Spoiler

243803739-430327101762902-43617201489194


244276557-430337955095150-67732012169002


244416141-430337881761824-60388158372570
244470090-430326985096247-30762669247252
244470767-430327025096243-57971317579642
244516663-430327305096215-25643862503080
244638853-430327151762897-37295797717004
244729019-430327205096225-90857997296541
244744019-430337915095154-92121629308687

 

 


 


 


 





 


 

 

Edited by Gerli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dressykamila1 said:

I wonder if someone from the USA releases this film, will Japanese editions have English subtitles?

The previous 'Passionate Walküre' movie Blu-Ray release did came with official English subtitle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wonder

Spoiler

How the heck that a faction like Heimdall can actually has a Batte-class Macross that only made by UNG and NUNS for massive immigrant's fleets ? Notice that the Battle-class Macross do co-provide energy for Islands. Since contracted military services like SMS and Xaos can only afford smaller Macross class Battleship due to it cost and somewhat another reason like the corporations will be restricted by the laws.

NUNS must has involve in this mess ;\

Correct me if im wrong guys, this is just my own theories

 

Edited by Gendo Koun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also in M7 Max is the captain and commander of Macross 37 Fleet so we should call him "Admiral Maximilian Jenius" 

😂

Edited by Gendo Koun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that was a lot of fun. 
Got a bit of applause when the curtain dropped too - a lot of teary eyes in the audience.

Just about to head out for a 3rd viewing, with a 4th penciled in for tomorrow. 🙂
(Which sounds like more that it is since I know of at least one person who saw it 5 times on opening day alone ^^;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tochiro said:

Well, that was a lot of fun. 
Got a bit of applause when the curtain dropped too - a lot of teary eyes in the audience.

Just about to head out for a 3rd viewing, with a 4th penciled in for tomorrow. 🙂
(Which sounds like more that it is since I know of at least one person who saw it 5 times on opening day alone ^^;)

Mannn, i just hope someone buy the license and publish it in my country theaters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dressykamila1 said:

What am I supposed to say XD, in Poland there has been no anime in theaters for over a dozen years (not counting ghibli films)

Back in those days, when covid still not a big deal, my country Vietname bought a lot of new anime movie licenses and published it. I remember there were Fate, Violet Evergardern, One Piece, etc. But never been Macross, kinda sad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gendo Koun said:

Just wonder

  Hide contents

How the heck that a faction like Heimdall can actually has a Batte-class Macross that only made by UNG and NUNS for massive immigrant's fleets ? Notice that the Battle-class Macross do co-provide energy for Islands. Since contracted military services like SMS and Xaos can only afford smaller Macross class Battleship due to it cost and somewhat another reason like the corporations will be restricted by the laws.

NUNS must has involve in this mess ;\

Correct me if im wrong guys, this is just my own theories

Spoiler

Well In movie summary, Eplison Foundation the one who sponsor and supply all weapon including Siren system to  Heimdall Organisation. Same organisations that provide Sv-262 to Windermere.

 

Edited by charles88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, charles88 said:

 

Spoiler

Yea, and Eplison Foundation is still smaller than NUNS and affect by the laws so they can not have and can not produce/repair/assembly a Battle-class Macross then refitting it with Protoculture stuffs like in the movie. Or my theories are: They retrieve the Battle Galaxy with scraping contract they get from NUNS, but they cant repair it without NUNS permission because they dont have the right to repair and must have send it back to Eden where the OTEC factory is since it is too heavily damage from Battle Frontier final Daedalus Attack. Since Eplison is a trading foundation, they still can not purchase the scrap of Battle 21, its top secret and belong to OTEC.

Conclusion is: NUNS is evil and want to overthrow Lady M but doesnt want to do dirty job so they established Heimdall Organization to do that and provide them with a massively powerful Battle-class Macross to punch through fiercest enemies: Xaos, which is currently under Lady M command, and local NUNS forces through the hand of Epsilon Foundation. Its a massive plot hole right there !!!!!

Well, my brain is kind overloaded from overthinking 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tochiro said:

Well, that was a lot of fun. 
Got a bit of applause when the curtain dropped too - a lot of teary eyes in the audience.

Just about to head out for a 3rd viewing, with a 4th penciled in for tomorrow. 🙂
(Which sounds like more that it is since I know of at least one person who saw it 5 times on opening day alone ^^;)

Right on amigo ! Hope you and the gang are enjoying it. And soaking in all that ultra fast mecha action.  😉
 

Hopefully you will be able to answer some burning questions in the next speaker pod cast episode..👍

Edited by Bolt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Keith said:

Also,

  Hide contents

Lady M could be Miku Ichijyo, possibly not as scrupulous as her parents.

 

Spoiler

As Dimensional Fold Fault trapped Megaroad 1, One million of people onboard must have been so panic 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Answering Keith:

  Hide contents

- What's the resolution? Bad guy corp captured or killed?

Basically Battle Astrea was destroyed, Ian Cromwell and the Epsilon guy killed. Seems that they are just a part of Heimdall, and they have a lot other sympathisers hiding thruout the galaxy

- Does the sexy new Yami-Q-Ray A.I. survive?

During the battle basically Yami Freyja was affected by Freyja's song and actually decided to help Xaos instead. Hayate retrieved the Siren Delta unit but not to revive the AI, but to retrieve the DNA of Star Singer inside of it

- Does anyone think to steal/save the badguy tech to retrieve the Megaroad?
Since this involves creating a new Sharon Apply-Mikumo gattai, I don't think anyone would like to do it in the open but surely possible plot for upcoming series'

- Just how much screen time does Max have?

Quite a lot actually. His fight is just the one in the trailer and in the final battle, but basically once he joined the group he was with Arad all the time

 

  Hide contents

Why would the Megaroad have any influence over anything while trapped in the deepest darkest fold fault? If they can't get out, and assuredly no one else can get in, that puts the ship (is it trapped with its escort fleet too?) in a serious limited resource situation. Even farming on the ship(s), it's still an issue of entropy. But, how the hell would they fund anything in the galaxy proper? Are they somehow trading on the intergalactic stock market with the crews pensions & Minmay royalties? Why would anyone on the outside trust that they are who they say they are, and assumedly eventually go on to fund Xaos on credit?

- My impression of this is that Lady M isn't funding anything directly. It's more like she using all the connections she has to make things move around the galaxy, to have Xaos made and some other entity supply money, etc. Max and Exedol mentioned something about them not knowing who Lady M is, just someone in the Megaroad-1. They don't trust them completely, but all her orders have been for good than not so they are following them. 

 

5 hours ago, Dressykamila1 said:

I have few questions

  Hide contents

Is someone going to die (except Freyja)

- Nah, just Freyja and the bad guys.  And Johann

Are the children at the end of the movie Freya's children and do they have anything to do with her DNA? Hayate is a father to them? What they look like, unfortunately, their graphics are nowhere to be found, and I am very curious.
- My understanding of this is that due to Yami Freyja's getting affected by Freyja's song and actually helping Xaos by the end, this affected the Star Singer DNA in the Siren system and developed a heart-shaped rune on her head like what Freyja has. Hayate is unrelated biologically, just that he is the one raising the kid in Windermere

Could Astrea be Battle Galaxy?
- Unknown

 

 

Spoiler

During Max and Arad's earliest conversation, they were talking while eating and there was a beautifully drawn Pineapple salad on the table....instead of the camera showing both of them,  it actually locked onto the Pineapple salad for like 10 seconds. Whatever is that supposed to mean..

 

Edited by ledakan43
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ledakan43 said:

 Answering Keith:

  Hide contents

- What's the resolution? Bad guy corp captured or killed?

Basically Battle Astrea was destroyed, Ian Cromwell and the Epsilon guy killed. Seems that they are just a part of Heimdall, and they have a lot other sympathisers hiding thruout the galaxy

- Does the sexy new Yami-Q-Ray A.I. survive?

During the battle basically Yami Freyja was affected by Freyja's song and actually decided to help Xaos instead. Hayate retrieved the Siren Delta unit but not to revive the AI, but to retrieve the DNA of Star Singer inside of it

- Does anyone think to steal/save the badguy tech to retrieve the Megaroad?
Since this involves creating a new Sharon Apply-Mikumo gattai, I don't think anyone would like to do it in the open but surely possible plot for upcoming series'

- Just how much screen time does Max have?

Quite a lot actually. His fight is just the one in the trailer and in the final battle, but basically once he joined the group he was with Arad all the time

 

  Hide contents

Why would the Megaroad have any influence over anything while trapped in the deepest darkest fold fault? If they can't get out, and assuredly no one else can get in, that puts the ship (is it trapped with its escort fleet too?) in a serious limited resource situation. Even farming on the ship(s), it's still an issue of entropy. But, how the hell would they fund anything in the galaxy proper? Are they somehow trading on the intergalactic stock market with the crews pensions & Minmay royalties? Why would anyone on the outside trust that they are who they say they are, and assumedly eventually go on to fund Xaos on credit?

- My impression of this is that Lady M isn't funding anything directly. It's more like she using all the connections she has to make things move around the galaxy, to have Xaos made and some other entity supply money, etc. Max and Exedol mentioned something about them not knowing who Lady M is, just someone in the Megaroad-1. They don't trust them completely, but all her orders have been for good than not so they are following them. 

 

 

  Hide contents

During Max and Arad's earliest conversation, they were talking while eating and there was a beautifully drawn Pineapple salad on the table....instead of the camera showing both of them,  it actually locked onto the Pineapple salad for like 10 seconds. Whatever is that supposed to mean..

 

Excellent, ths raises my excitement to see it, hopefully we'll get another subtitled blu-ray release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dressykamila1 said:

I wonder if someone from the USA releases this film, will Japanese editions have English subtitles?

The rest of the Japanese Delta media did, so I hope so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, charles88 said:

Just question

  Hide contents

What happen to all Aerial Knight other than Bogue as Bogue join Delta squadron after his Drake get shot down?

Are they join final fight against Heimdall?

 

They

Spoiler

mostly get shot down in the first dogfight with the Sv-303 units.  Only Bogue makes it onto Max's ship before they escape from the battle.  They pop up again very briefly at the end on Windermere.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, charles88 said:

Just question

  Hide contents

To be honest one of the bad things about this movie is how the Aerial Knights got completely shafted.

What happen to all Aerial Knight other than Bogue as Bogue join Delta squadron after his Drake get shot down?
- Basically Theo and Xao got shot down(not dead) and stayed behind in Windermere as Battle Astraea came and invaded the place. Bogue had his 262 damaged but when Macross Gigasion came in to rescue the Xaos crew in Windermere, he hopped on aboard as well, and that's why he's the only Aerial Knight in Delta Platoon.

Are they join final fight against Heimdall?
- The final fight against Heimdall was such a mess that I don't know how many joined the fight, but the downed Aerial Knights in Windermere did not join in the final fight. Unless you count singing together all as one is joining the fight lol.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ledakan43 said:
Spoiler

Are they join final fight against Heimdall?
- The final fight against Heimdall was such a mess that I don't know how many joined the fight, but the downed Aerial Knights in Windermere did not join in the final fight. Unless you count singing together all as one is joining the fight lol.

 

Spoiler

I do count it as joining the fight lol 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, charles88 said:
  Hide contents

Also how powerful VF-31 AX compared to YF-29 and Sv-303 as currently YF-29 are most powerful VF?
- In the mock fight Delta platoon obviously lost completely against Max, but this is obviously more due to the enemy being Max more than anything. 
  The thing where the VF-31AX for sure wins against YF-29 is the firepower, since it is much more expandable and compatible with all matter of Ghosts and equipments. It has the new panoramic cockpit that the SV-262 had even without implants and with the Fold reheat system or whatever that is, Hayate did some impressive stuff. Basically Freyja singing, burning her life + Hayate going Seed mode(didn't go Var like in the series) + huge quartz in the 31AX made him see things in slowmo and that performed better than Alto in the 29 I think. Also we see a lot of cuts where the 31AX gets shot and have explosions here and there, but it's still mostly ok, so it is tankier than the YF-29 for sure.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ledakan43 said:
Spoiler

Also we see a lot of cuts where the 31AX gets shot and have explosions here and there, but it's still mostly ok, so it is tankier than the YF-29 for sure.

 

Spoiler

It do look bulkier than slim smooth YF-29 tho 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gerli said:

I hope this movie gets international exposure same as Hathaway... so much people got interested in Gundam after seeing that movie. 

+1

Yes , YF -29 is still the baddest on the block🤙

(Although we still haven't seen the VF-24 , which should be first place as a production VF..)😎

Edited by Bolt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ledakan43 said:

 

Wait, the VF-31AX has a...

Spoiler

Fold Reheat system, instead of a Fold Wave System?

If so, that would directly answer the question about its performance relative to the YF-29's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Wait, the VF-31AX has a...

  Hide contents

Fold Reheat system, instead of a Fold Wave System?

- i'd suggest waiting for official materials to really answer this question. In the movie all they said was that they improved the VF-31s using spare parts in Gigasion. Whether it is still the reheat or the system that 29 and 30 has, I don't know. All it did basically just went yellow like what 29 did, also what Hayate did when he turned Var in the series.

 

Tho really with how mass-produced the 31 with Armors are compared to the 29, if it performed better than the 29 then there'd basically no more reason to keep the 29 for super aces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gendo Koun said:
  Hide contents

Yea, and Eplison Foundation is still smaller than NUNS and affect by the laws so they can not have and can not produce/repair/assembly a Battle-class Macross then refitting it with Protoculture stuffs like in the movie. Or my theories are: They retrieve the Battle Galaxy with scraping contract they get from NUNS, but they cant repair it without NUNS permission because they dont have the right to repair and must have send it back to Eden where the OTEC factory is since it is too heavily damage from Battle Frontier final Daedalus Attack. Since Eplison is a trading foundation, they still can not purchase the scrap of Battle 21, its top secret and belong to OTEC.

Conclusion is: NUNS is evil and want to overthrow Lady M but doesnt want to do dirty job so they established Heimdall Organization to do that and provide them with a massively powerful Battle-class Macross to punch through fiercest enemies: Xaos, which is currently under Lady M command, and local NUNS forces through the hand of Epsilon Foundation. Its a massive plot hole right there !!!!!

Well, my brain is kind overloaded from overthinking 

@Seto Kaiba what do you think ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gerli said:

I hope this movie gets international exposure same as Hathaway... so much people got interested in Gundam after seeing that movie. 

And a lot of people too also got curious about Jollibee. ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ledakan43 said:

Tho really with how mass-produced the 31 with Armors are compared to the 29, if it performed better than the 29 then there'd basically no more reason to keep the 29 for super aces.

OK, well that really leaves the matter vague then... if you'd answered the question in the affirmative then it would've been a reasonable conclusion that the VF-31AX was actually a less capable aircraft than the Siegfried, never mind the YF-29.

The Fold Reheat system is a feature of the Sv-262 Draken III...

Spoiler

... and there appears to be a version of it built into the Sv-303 based on dialog in the first five minutes of the film teased online...

... which is essentially a poor man's version of the YF-29's Fold Wave System that provides only an increase in maximum deliverable engine thrust instead of bolstering the VF's reactor output with energy drawn from fold space and various other features.

Variable Fighter Master File presented the version of the Fold Wave System used by Xaos on the VF-31 customs as being a less capable version of the YF-29's Fold Wave System, albeit with the benefit of using less of the ultra-rare high purity fold quartz.

 

23 minutes ago, Gendo Koun said:

@Seto Kaiba what do you think ?

Spoiler

Apart from thinking I'd quite like to have some unkind words with my work laptop's battery supplier...

I'm unsure of what to make of the apparent origins of the Battle Astraea.

Battle Galaxy was said to have been destroyed in both versions of the Macross Frontier story, and she was destroyed fairly half a galaxy away from the Brisingr Globular Cluster in the vicinity of the galactic core.  Salvaging the ship wouldn't be impossible, and the Epsilon Foundation absolutely has the necessary resources and connections to restore a ship like that.  The Epsilon Foundation previously participated in restoring and modifying a first-generation Macross on Pipure in 2062, for it to be used in research into weaponization and amplification of fold songs.  It even had a similar "ring" design to it.

Spoiler

IMO, it really depends who this new Mysterious Organization "Heimdall" is ideologically aligned with.

If you recall, there was a divide in the New UN Forces and New UN Government in the late 2040s and early 2050s that blew up into the Second Unification War that resulted in the reorganiation of the New UN Forces and the devolution of more governing autonomy to emigrant governments.  One faction, Latence/Laktence, believed that Earth ought to have all the governing authority and that the emigrant governments should have very little autonomy.  The other, embodied by "anti-government" groups like Vindirance, had the opposite view that Earth should be "first among equals" and the individual emigrant governments should have a more free hand to govern themselves.

It's been said that Heimdall has the support of a fair number of ex-New UN Forces personnel.  The reason I say it depends who they're ideologically aligned with is that just being ex-NUNS means nothing.  Are these people like Ozma, Arad, or Messer who left the New UN Forces for personal reasons or are these people who were kicked out of the New UN Forces because of their fascist views when Latence lost the Second Unification War in 2051 like Naresuan's group Fasces in Macross R?

It's one thing if these are New UN Forces personnel who've gone off the reservation because they sincerely believe Lady M is a threat to the current New UN Government via her inappropriate level of influence or anti-autonomy leanings.  It's another matter entirely if Lady M is a pro-autonomy faction member and they're trying to weaken that faction for nationalistic reasons in order to restore the pre-Second Unification War style of governance.

Heimdall clearly has powerful backers, but the question is... are they clandestinely backed by New UN Government members like the paramilitary organization Vindirance was in Macross VF-X2, or are they being backed by private entities with their own agenda like Xaos is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

Macross 13 aka Battle 13 is a thing. Fielded by Earth or Federal NUNS. In 2050-51 Macross 13 was taken over by Earth supremacists and had to be destroyed. 

 

In 2059 Kim Kabirov is in command of Macross 13. These things are expensive but remember who builds them, General Galaxy. Macross  7 Fleet was constructing a new Battle 7 after the original  was lost as seen in MD7.

Megacorps fund fleets. Megacorps can also buy a Macross from the local government  like in Macross E. 

 

The decks may indicate the wreck of Battle Galaxy may have been recovered , sold off and refurbished. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, a so detailed post as what I expected as you @Seto Kaiba. First Gen Macross class is big and bulky Battleship but as 206x era it would considered as obsolete since NUNS has newer Battle-class Macross which is more powerful and carrier capable than First Generation. So if I was the NUNS itself I wouldn't let a state of art Battleship design to any non-government corporations that easy.

Spoiler

Yes Battle Galaxy was destroyed so if we think Battle Astrea is a new commissioned Battle-class Macross with recommissioned hull number 21 it will be legit 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...