Jump to content

Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!!


Marzan

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Yes. Either way, I'm excited for more Deculture. Apparently Max can pull enough strings to have his own 29.?  And Bandai is already laughing.

Macross Max Mold Milking Money Making Machine. I wanted to say mecha instead of machine, but not sure if a valk is considered as a mecha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Macross Frontier: Labyrinth of Time

Wait, what? We are getting another Frontier Movie? What? Why? When does it take place?

Quote

antagonist rival idol group Yami_Q_ray

Huh. I am not often correct, but I CALLED IT.

Edited by deathzealot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Or, as a fellow "genius" pilot, she's simply subject to the same stupid meme about "growing old is a state of mind for normal men" that is the official reason Max and Milia look far younger than they actually are.

Let's say it again for the folks in the back... the "Zentradi have much longer lifespans" thing is a Robotech-ism with no basis in Macross.

Aside from hearing from Kamjin that old Zentradi are only good for framing "misfired" on then disposing of, the only otheradvanced aged Zentradi we've seen are Bodolza, Britai & Exedol. Aside from Bodolza, the other two are still kicking in tthe 2060's, so it isn't something I'd write off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Keith said:

Aside from hearing from Kamjin that old Zentradi are only good for framing "misfired" on then disposing of, the only otheradvanced aged Zentradi we've seen are Bodolza, Britai & Exedol. Aside from Bodolza, the other two are still kicking in tthe 2060's, so it isn't something I'd write off.

We haven't heard anything of Vrlitwhai in the main timeline apart from him becoming the chief of staff of the Spacy in 2016.  The last we heard of Exsedol was in 2047 in Macross Dynamite 7 unless we're counting the movie novelization of Frontier... but Exsedol was a civilian advisor not a soldier so he wouldn't necessarily be subject to the mandatory age requirements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. Lots of Deculture coming!

Yes the Frontier theatrical short has been news for a while. Maybe now we get a clue what the heck it's about!

I'd be surprised if a Max YF-29 machine doesn't sell like hot cakes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

My money is on Bandai knowing about this a while ago, and is the real reason for refurbishing the mold.  The Alto reissue was likely just a "test-run", in preparation of doing Max and Milia* ones.  They wouldn't spend the money fixing it up like they did just for an Alto reissue.  
 

*if they make it, it'll sell, even if not seen in the movie.   Or do a white one for Mylene, or a Mirage, or...

Ok, but honestly, I'm tired of that mold.  It's... iconic.  That doesn't mean I think it's the best looking, or even second-best looking design since who knows when.

I would much rather have M&M VF-31s, of any variant.  The 29 isn't bad, it just feels like a worn-out design at this point, and it's nowhere near as fun to transform as the more modern ones, because it still falls back to your classic "Better clear-coat the nose or your paint is screwed" Frontier standard.

And as much as I like the idea of them finally following through with the armor packs for the rest of Delta squad (MAYBE GET ON THE SUPERS FOR ARAD AND CHUCK ALREADY), those armor packs are..  I don't know a good word for them really.  They're impressive in the animation, but much like the Spruce Goose, what looked really good on paper is far too obnoxiously oversized and massively over-encumbering to be enjoyable.

However, if the armor packs are the only way I can get another batch of VF-31As... so be it. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, but honestly, I'm tired of that mold.  It's... iconic.  That doesn't mean I think it's the best looking, or even second-best looking design since who knows when.

I would much rather have M&M VF-31s, of any variant.  The 29 isn't bad, it just feels like a worn-out design at this point, and it's nowhere near as fun to transform as the more modern ones, because it still falls back to your classic "Better clear-coat the nose or your paint is screwed" Frontier standard.

And as much as I like the idea of them finally following through with the armor packs for the rest of Delta squad (MAYBE GET ON THE SUPERS FOR ARAD AND CHUCK ALREADY), those armor packs are..  I don't know a good word for them really.  They're impressive in the animation, but much like the Spruce Goose, what looked really good on paper is far too obnoxiously oversized and massively over-encumbering to be enjoyable.

However, if the armor packs are the only way I can get another batch of VF-31As... so be it. :p 

While you’re right that the design feels worn out now in universe it’s still the baddest piece of tech you can lob at another Valk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must have missed something in the trailer, the pilot of the Blue YF-29 is most certainly a Jenius, but are we sure it is Max?  Could it be, maybe, his grandson?  As others have pointed out, he would be well into his 70s at this point, and I have yet to see anything in Macross about anti-aging treatments.  Plus, he doesn't look all that old, and had BLONDE hair.  Max has always been depicted with blueish/black hair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I must have missed something in the trailer, the pilot of the Blue YF-29 is most certainly a Jenius, but are we sure it is Max?  Could it be, maybe, his grandson?  As others have pointed out, he would be well into his 70s at this point, and I have yet to see anything in Macross about anti-aging treatments.  Plus, he doesn't look all that old, and had BLONDE hair.  Max has always been depicted with blueish/black hair.

I think it's more the glasses.  At that age, he'd more likely be purely gray, and the tint might be from his visor.

Though.. whether he'd keep dyeing it blue forever does make a good question. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I think it's more the glasses.  At that age, he'd more likely be purely gray, and the tint might be from his visor.

Though.. whether he'd keep dyeing it blue forever does make a good question. :lol: 

Gold Visor over gray hair IMO. FWIW His actor is credited for the film, sadly seems Milla's isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So... it's Fire Bomber vs. Fire Bomber American all over again?

 

 

Lol...cant imagine the 5 girls singing in engrish...😁😅

The yami Q (is it really their name???) could just be the digitalised (android?) versions of the walkure, purposely built to counter walkure?

ie....RnB vs Pop vs Rap vs Metal vs Country vs techno....😂

Song genre battle!

Kawamori-san been watching Baby Metal???

 

2 hours ago, Knight26 said:

I must have missed something in the trailer, the pilot of the Blue YF-29 is most certainly a Jenius, but are we sure it is Max?  Could it be, maybe, his grandson?  As others have pointed out, he would be well into his 70s at this point, and I have yet to see anything in Macross about anti-aging treatments.  Plus, he doesn't look all that old, and had BLONDE hair.  Max has always been depicted with blueish/black hair.

Well, seems we have max on the cast list...so answer is yes, its max.

Unless of course, its max grandson/nephew who isnt max but looks like max and has the same name....probabilities of bandai not milking the max character......very low...

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Either that, or they're some sort of bizarre Gantz crossover.

Could also be thrusters I guess.. but I have a generally all-around bad feeling about introducing another five singing characters.. from somewhere.  It's not like they didn't have enough characters still waiting for some form of development from the series.. <_< 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Either that, or they're some sort of bizarre Gantz crossover.

Could also be thrusters I guess.. but I have a generally all-around bad feeling about introducing another five singing characters.. from somewhere.  It's not like they didn't have enough characters still waiting for some form of development from the series.. <_< 

I honestly think it is one Musical AI, like Sharon Apple, just running five different "images" in an effort to counter Walkure. I think there was a theory earlier in this thread when the first teaser came out that Lady M had two main programs for a new Idol for Walkure. The first of course being, the cloning program which brought us Mikumo, and the second, being some sort of new Sharon Apple like AI. With Mikumo being so successful the AI program was halted but now has come back for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, deathzealot said:

I think there was a theory earlier in this thread when the first teaser came out that Lady M had two main programs for a new Idol for Walkure. The first of course being, the cloning program which brought us Mikumo, and the second, being some sort of new Sharon Apple like AI. With Mikumo being so successful the AI program was halted but now has come back for some reason.

That was me who said it, but the actual theory comes from the Macross Delta TV series itself.

One of the rumors Berger Stone relates to the crew of the Macross Elysion is that Lady M's clandestine program to create a music-based ultimate weapon was believed to either be through cloning or through AI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That was me who said it, but the actual theory comes from the Macross Delta TV series itself.

One of the rumors Berger Stone relates to the crew of the Macross Elysion is that Lady M's clandestine program to create a music-based ultimate weapon was believed to either be through cloning or through AI.

So I wonder if in this new movie will Lady m will be Like: "All Of Your Clonings Are Belong To Us?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that someone took the liberty of hacking walkure's so called projection concerts, and hacked/reversed engineered their positive sound wave harmonic effects to cause everyone to ROCK OUT!

After all nothing encourages VAR like a ROCK concert...😂 

btw i thk bad freya is so kawaii! Definate waifu candidate 😂

 

E_faO67VkAIEgSZ.jpg.ce90b140ad4f4b06ce4f24645eedf544.jpg

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

I have a feeling that someone took the liberty of hacking walkure's so called projection concerts, and hacked/reversed engineered their positive sound wave harmonic effects to cause everyone to ROCK OUT!

After all nothing encourages VAR like a ROCK concert...😂 

btw i thk bad freya is so kawaii! Definate waifu candidate 😂

 

E_faO67VkAIEgSZ.jpg.ce90b140ad4f4b06ce4f24645eedf544.jpg

So you're saying Max is a red herring, and it's actually Basara who will pop up to save the day?

New tagline, "When Valkure fails, he'll return to fight fire wirh FIYA!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Anyone notice that the only sign of age on Max is that his glasses are shrinking in size?

Probably started out as a pair of military-issue Birth Control Glasses and as he rose in rank he was gradually able to clout his way into more fashionable frames.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Anyone notice that the only sign of age on Max is that his glasses are shrinking in size?

That's not true, he has bags under his eyes, lines beside his nose and lines to the side and below his mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Probably started out as a pair of military-issue Birth Control Glasses and as he rose in rank he was gradually able to clout his way into more fashionable frames.

He's never really had BC's . Which are very squarish, traditionally.

I kinda hope it's a grandson played by the same voice actor. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 1:56 PM, seti88 said:

What’s a yami Q Ray? Or rather who...

edit: oh a rival grp that looks just like the walkure...hmm interesting...

I hope those girls are total psychos, that would be sweet. They do have that certain glint in their eyes.

Edited by aurance
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • azrael pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...