Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

So two days ago I've watched the Macross Galactic Launch Ceremony stream on Youtube and Onishi Kaya-san from Bigwest announced that following the Macross Plus Movie Editon nationwide release in the US so does the music of all Macross series on worldwide via streaming on Spotify and Youtube, etc. ITS TRUE but "almost" all, not all. SDF Macross and Macross II still regional locked, Frontier and Delta have full albums released 

7 hours ago, Gendo Koun said:

So two days ago I've watched the Macross Galactic Launch Ceremony stream on Youtube and Onishi Kaya-san from Bigwest announced that following the Macross Plus Movie Editon nationwide release in the US so does the music of all Macross series on worldwide via streaming on Spotify and Youtube, etc. ITS TRUE but "almost" all, not all. SDF Macross and Macross II still regional locked, Frontier and Delta have full albums released 

Macross II music was part of the release too. All that wasn't was SDFM and DYRL music, exactly in line with the agreement thus far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 7:00 PM, JetJockey said:

Without spoiling it, for anyone here that saw the new movie, does Mirage have any cool scenes in her new jet? I want to know to decide if I'm going to get the upcoming version. Thanks.

So did you preorder it? How was PO day? I'm on the fence, Macross Delta isn't really my fave series after all.

19 hours ago, hachi said:

So did you preorder it? How was PO day? I'm on the fence, Macross Delta isn't really my fave series after all.

Not yet. I have Mirage's original jet which I like. I watched the first 6 or so episodes. Right before they went to another planet. It was a two part I think that had the Silent Hacker song at the beginning. But anyway, the original jet wasn't difficult to get from 1999. I'm not one of the people who get hyped up for a pre-order. This stuff shouldn't be hard to get. If it is the company is doing something wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is Bogue's new red SV-262 a Ba (grunt) or Hs (commander)? IIRC it has the Hs wings, but the Ba head...

No it is Sv-262Hs

https://m.imgur.com/kxvMBSo

https://m.imgur.com/cLhghAZ

I do have to wonder if there is a reason why Epsilon Foundation would build Battle Astrea and the Sv-303 to look like the Bird Human. Were the designers Protocuoture fans? Maybe survivors from the Mayan Incident or their descendants tried to emulate the look and symbolism?

30 minutes ago, RedWolf said:

I do have to wonder if there is a reason why Epsilon Foundation would build Battle Astrea and the Sv-303 to look like the Bird Human. Were the designers Protocuoture fans? Maybe survivors from the Mayan Incident or their descendants tried to emulate the look and symbolism?

Since they seem to have gotten their weapons via the Epsilon Foundation, there's probably a connection to the events of Macross E where an old Macross-class was rebuilt in a similar fashion by the Epsilon Foundation and Zelgaar Heavy Industries.

13 hours ago, charles88 said:

And here VF-31 AX with Super Ghost pack.(It HAVE 14 FREAKING THRUSTER AND ENGINE)

Which you guys prefer?

TBH, I'll take the aircraft in its base state please and thank you.

I've said before that I think the VF-31's Armored Pack is hands-down Kawamori's worst design.  Not just because it contains a lot of reused art assets from Frontier, but because it doesn't mesh with the VF-31's design at all.  The VF-25's Armored Pack didn't lose the silhouette of the aircraft under the parts.  The VF-31's Armored Pack just looks like someone covered a VF-31 kit in glue and rolled it through some model builder's bitz bin.  None of it looks like it goes together and none of it looks like it goes with the VF-31's design.  It's an ugly, chunky, overly-busy mess.

The Super Ghost pack is a cleaner, more streamlined design that looks like it might fit with the VF-31.  The Super Ghost looks like a slightly modified version of the Ghost V-9 from the Macross Frontier series, but it feels like we've reached some unnecessary complexity about it.  The Ghost has a Super Pack, fine.  The Ghost IS a Super Pack, also fine.  But to use a Ghost with a Super Pack AS a Super Pack feels like we've gone a bit too far.  Like, we've got rotating-wingtip engine Ghosts used as rotating-wingtip engines on a VF.  It feels like the design kind of missed the original point of the wingtip-mounted drones in the first place.  The Sv-262 Draken III needed the wingtip-mounted drones because it didn't have enough fuel for a prolonged engagement in space.  They weren't there to give it super-high performance, they were there to take the burden off the main engines and extend their range as a result like a regular Super Pack does.  When you start throwing additional rocket boosters and wingtip engines onto 'em, you're just making them less good at the one thing they're there to do by making them heavier with less endurance.

Spoiler

Ok I didn't know that Unshou Ishizuka who played Ernest Johnson (also Guld) passed away. So that is why Shō Hayami was brought in to play Max. It is safe to say Macross Elysion won't appear in this film so Macross Gigasion takes its place.

That explains also why Berger Stone was retired as his original seiyuu Keiji Fujiwara also passed away. Even if he had a replacement in Macross Delta.

Shoji Kawamori as a sign of respect don't do recast thus retires a character.

1 hour ago, RedWolf said:
  Hide contents

Ok I didn't know that Unshou Ishizuka who played Ernest Johnson (also Guld) passed away. So that is why Shō Hayami was brought in to play Max. It is safe to say Macross Elysion won't appear in this film so Macross Gigasion takes its place.

That explains also why Berger Stone was retired as his original seiyuu Keiji Fujiwara also passed away. Even if he had a replacement in Macross Delta.

Shoji Kawamori as a sign of respect don't do recast thus retires a character.

It's actually normal in Japanese works to not recast characters who's VAs pass away. Don't think Kawamori is doing anything unique.

Whether that is why certain characters mentioned in the spoiler are in the new movie at all is debatable in my mind though. I think they wanted them there regardless.

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

It's actually normal in Japanese works to not recast characters who's VAs pass away. Don't think Kawamori is doing anything unique.

Eh... it's not as cut and dry as all that.  It varies heavily based on the property, the character, and the circumstances.

If a character's too important to the story to lose, they'll recast them without hesitation.  If the character's important but their presence isn't strictly required, they'll often be replaced by a new, suspiciously similar, character in the same role like how Beltorchika Irma's role was taken by Chan Agi in Char's Counterattack.  If the character isn't actually important, they might find themselves removed from the story outright or remain but be reduced to a non-speaking role like what happened to coach Todoroki in Silver Spoon after VA Kenji Utsumi passed.  

As the "author" of an original TV anime, Kawamori's got more freedom to work around characters whose voice actors are unavailable in new developments.

(He hasn't exactly shied away from recasting characters for video games where necessary, like how Macross 30 cast Kenji Nojima as Hikaru.)

54 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

(He hasn't exactly shied away from recasting characters for video games where necessary, like how Macross 30 cast Kenji Nojima as Hikaru.)

And it's why I'm hoping for a Macross The First anime. ^_^ 

Yeah, yeah, the manga is not finished but then they could just finish the story it in anime form. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Eh... it's not as cut and dry as all that.  It varies heavily based on the property, the character, and the circumstances.

If a character's too important to the story to lose, they'll recast them without hesitation.  If the character's important but their presence isn't strictly required, they'll often be replaced by a new, suspiciously similar, character in the same role like how Beltorchika Irma's role was taken by Chan Agi in Char's Counterattack.  If the character isn't actually important, they might find themselves removed from the story outright or remain but be reduced to a non-speaking role like what happened to coach Todoroki in Silver Spoon after VA Kenji Utsumi passed. 

Or Sayla Mass during Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. As her VA had other commitments at the time. Hence, Sayla getting only a brief cameo in the series and Beltorchika, a similar looking character, was introduced to the series to be Amuro's new Love Interest.

58 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And it's why I'm hoping for a Macross The First anime. ^_^ 

Yeah, yeah, the manga is not finished but then they could just finish the story it in anime form. :rolleyes:

Who knows.? It could happen easily as another in universe story. That would certainly be awesome, as much as i will always love the original. It would also be a good opportunity to tie in all the retcon's as well. 

I'I somehow missed Ernest Johnson & Guld being played by the same person, but in hindsight knew his voice sounded comfortably familiar. I'm actually hoping that the whole international licensing resolution was to make way for an anime adaptation of "The First.

It's 2022, so everyone cross their fingers!

Back on topic, I was listening to the Absolute Live soundtrack today, and still can't wait to see it's placement in the movie.

On 11/1/2020 at 1:05 AM, Thom said:

As long as it stars Mirage, I'll be happy!:D:wub:

Yeah maybe a new macross 7 series with some crossover from vf-x series as well as from another franchises, you know? this was hit i remember what saying in thai website about they dubbed in thai and broadcast in channel 7

Edited by Natchapon chaikul

On 1/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, deathzealot said:

Or Sayla Mass during Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. As her VA had other commitments at the time. Hence, Sayla getting only a brief cameo in the series and Beltorchika, a similar looking character, was introduced to the series to be Amuro's new Love Interest.

Probably the best example would be the long-running Lupin III franchise.  

Despite a desire to maintain the same voice cast across as many titles as possible, most characters are on their second or third long-term voice actor and anywhere from their third to their fifth voice actor overall.  (Thanks to projects like The Fuma Conspiracy which couldn't afford to bring the normal voice actors in.)

Of course, Macross is somewhat lucky in that Kawamori's belief in a broad strokes continuity and tendency to move on after the end of any given story means that there's rarely the demand for older voice actors to reprise their roles.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:27 PM, Keith said:

Back on topic, I was listening to the Absolute Live soundtrack today, and still can't wait to see it's placement in the movie.

It's a great soundtrack as you'd expect from a Macross movie.

My hopes for the film story itself are not so high, though.

2 hours ago, deathzealot said:

I thought that is what she wanted when she was trying to get Mylene married in M7?

Well, yes... though I guess you could say she didn't want to be called "obaa-san" until she'd earned it?

(Macross 7 Milia ran with a lot of standard-issue clichés about middle-aged Japanese women, like an obsession with getting her kids married off and an aversion to being addressed in terms that explicitly or implicitly suggest she's old.)

1 hour ago, Natchapon chaikul said:

Yeah maybe a new macross 7 series with some crossover from vf-x series as well as from another franchises, you know? this was hit i remember what saying in thai website about they dubbed in thai and broadcast in channel 7

... yeah, no.  Let's leave mixing unrelated properties to that other franchise we don't talk about here.

It's pretty much always a bad decision, and is usually a sign that a property has exhausted its creative potential and is desperate for something to keep its audience invested.

5 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Whatever you do, don't call Millia "granny"!!!

Goodness Milia got an expy on  Tenchi Muyo! just for that.

5 hours ago, deathzealot said:

I thought that is what she wanted when she was trying to get Mylene married in M7?

Milia is a conservative on the whole family thing as her generation had to repopulate the Human species. Shammy popped out 11 kids! I imagine Mylene was the Sisters sacrifice to their mother as they left home! Emilia went to be singer.The guy she liked flew off after hearing who she is related to. Therese dyed her hair green and went with a pseudonym. The guy she liked got the fatal mentor role. The one with the most normal hair among the sisters, Miranda, got married. We don't know if any other children of Max and Milia got married. We know at least Max writes letters to Mirage in Delta Mini-Theatre asking for Walkure signatures. Though I think it was more he can talk something relatable to Mirage other than flying. In Macross 7th Code he was still supporting the latest iteration of Sound Force. 

It would be funny if the reason why he is at the rim of the galaxy not the core region of it is that he is a doting grandfather.

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

So Max is indeed the grandfather of Mirage ?

Hmmm.... Yes. They mention it during Delta that Mirage is the granddaughter of Milia and Max. That is why she ended up leaving NUNS as people were expecting her to be like her Grandparents and she couldn't handle that pressure.

Edited by deathzealot