Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

2 hours ago, charles88 said:

You such a Kill joy Saito.

Oh, my sincere apologies for having standards... :p :rofl:

How lazy is this?  This is Delta's writers literally ripping off something that was in the novelization of the Frontier movies where Max (and Milia!) show up to the final fight on the Vajra planet as part of the combined NUNS/SMS reinforcement fleet and fight in VF-25s.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210918_092040.png.9cc135f5362507fa2ebfeeb61500cf64.png

This seems to confirm my earlier hypothesis... this is almost certainly a General Galaxy product, and it looks increasingly like it's been modeled on the VBP-1/VA-110 Variable Glaug.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

20 minutes ago, snakerbot said:

I mean... I like Max and Milia, but they're in their mid-70s by the time this movie is set. Why are they not enjoying their well-deserved retirement?

Yeah, depending on whether we're talking TV Max or DYRL Max they'd be either 75 or 77 in 2068.  Milia would be 74.

Real-world regulations regarding mandatory retirement ages tend to be a bit more lax where senior and flag officers are concerned, but even Max and Milia have got to be at least ten years on the wrong side of that line by now.  In the US and Japan, IIRC the mandatory retirement age for a flag officer is 64.

That's not to say they couldn't be involved in other ways.  Milia was a head of state and Max supposedly had a lot of clout in the New UN Gov't too via his support for Vindirance.

56 minutes ago, snakerbot said:

I mean... I like Max and Milia, but they're in their mid-70s by the time this movie is set. Why are they not enjoying their well-deserved retirement?

Being Macronized/Micloned clearly enhanced Max's body, slowed his aging to near Zentradi levels.

30 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Not to mention that Milia's an alien that are generally believed to live much longer than humans.  It'd be rather pointless to apply human retirement rules to her.  What's she supposed to do for the next 100 years?  :p

That's a Robotech-ism.

In Macross, the question of the Zentradi natural lifespan only comes up once that I can recall... in the Macross 7 Encore episode "Which One Do You Love?".  It went unanswered since it was the setup for a joke about Milia self-diagnosing herself with imminent death after catching the space equivalent of the common cold.  There's been nothing to suggest a Zentradi would have a natural lifespan significantly different from the humans they're practically identical to.  It's only the Windermereans who stand out in that regard, having got it in the shorts with an average lifespan of just 30 years.

30 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That's a Robotech-ism.

In Macross, the question of the Zentradi natural lifespan only comes up once that I can recall... in the Macross 7 Encore episode "Which One Do You Love?".  It went unanswered since it was the setup for a joke about Milia self-diagnosing herself with imminent death after catching the space equivalent of the common cold.  There's been nothing to suggest a Zentradi would have a natural lifespan significantly different from the humans they're practically identical to.  It's only the Windermereans who stand out in that regard, having got it in the shorts with an average lifespan of just 30 years.

There's also the decidedly young Clore fleet that were rivals with Milia while she was in the Laplamiz fleet.

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Oh, my sincere apologies for having standards... :p :rofl:

How lazy is this?  This is Delta's writers literally ripping off something that was in the novelization of the Frontier movies where Max (and Milia!) show up to the final fight on the Vajra planet as part of the combined NUNS/SMS reinforcement fleet and fight in VF-25s.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210918_092040.png.9cc135f5362507fa2ebfeeb61500cf64.png

This seems to confirm my earlier hypothesis... this is almost certainly a General Galaxy product, and it looks increasingly like it's been modeled on the VBP-1/VA-110 Variable Glaug.

Looks like their main defensive measure is....neon?

32 minutes ago, Keith said:

There's also the decidedly young Clore fleet that were rivals with Milia while she was in the Laplamiz fleet.

Chlore was a rival to Milia when they were both younger, yeah... but Chlore doesn't look any younger or older than Milia herself so I'm not sure that proves anything.

22 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Looks like their main defensive measure is....neon?

Maybe this new, and likely unmanned, fighter works like a gaming PC?  The more RGB lighting case mods you have the better your performance, right?

Either that or this is Alienware's entry into the Variable Fighter market. 🤪

Spoiler

Not intending to mock PC gamers here... I kinda went overboard with the RGB on my own rig, with case lighting, keyboard, mouse, speakers, router, and overhead room lighting.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I don't need another DX -29, I don't need another DX -29...

*sees small group of people magically appear in a queue already* You know they haven't even announced a blue DX YF-29, right?

39 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Chlore was a rival to Milia when they were both younger, yeah... but Chlore doesn't look any younger or older than Milia herself so I'm not sure that proves anything.

That in itself is the proof, additional Zentradi of similar age with youthful appearance.

45 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I think a related question would be how old Milia was during SDFM TV.  They didn't grow up like normal humans to begin with, so who knows what her actual age is.

I think she was 16 in the show, 18 in the movie.. same as Max.. not a clever fact but.. that's still the truth.

4 hours ago, azrael said:

*sees small group of people magically appear in a queue already* You know they haven't even announced a blue DX YF-29, right?

My money is on Bandai knowing about this a while ago, and is the real reason for refurbishing the mold.  The Alto reissue was likely just a "test-run", in preparation of doing Max and Milia* ones.  They wouldn't spend the money fixing it up like they did just for an Alto reissue.  

*if they make it, it'll sell, even if not seen in the movie.   Or do a white one for Mylene, or a Mirage, or...

53 minutes ago, treatment said:

Weird.

Mao was a very old lady in Frontier.

Max in this upcoming Delta movie is, on the other hand, ...

🤔

Not everyone ages the same. I'm gonna presume someone with as much power as Max, and with his martial background might keep himself in the best shape possible.

14 minutes ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

Not everyone ages the same. I'm gonna presume someone with as much power as Max, and with his martial background might keep himself in the best shape possible.

Well, Mao was 11 in Zero and mostly likely 12 during SW-1.

Max was 16 (TV) and 18 (DYRL) during SW-1...

10 hours ago, Keith said:

That in itself is the proof, additional Zentradi of similar age with youthful appearance.

Or, as a fellow "genius" pilot, she's simply subject to the same stupid meme about "growing old is a state of mind for normal men" that is the official reason Max and Milia look far younger than they actually are.

Let's say it again for the folks in the back... the "Zentradi have much longer lifespans" thing is a Robotech-ism with no basis in Macross.

Spoiler

It's not even really from Robotech proper, it's from the sh*t-awful 90's comics.

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think a related question would be how old Milia was during SDFM TV.  They didn't grow up like normal humans to begin with, so who knows what her actual age is.

Who knows how old she is?  

We do... because we have her official bio from the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series that says she was 15 in 2009.  She was 52 in "Fleet of the Strongest Women", and would've been 73 during the events of the Macross Delta TV series.  If this movie is set a year after that, as previously talked about, she's 74.  Max, who was 16 in the original series, would be 75.

5 hours ago, Rock said:

Is the Hot Topic Walkurie a digital idol group like Sharron Apple?

Who can say?

All I'll say is I really hope that's just an ill-advised holographic costume choice made after Mikumo found an unattended KISS album and not Bizarro Walkure.

5 hours ago, treatment said:

Weird.

Mao was a very old lady in Frontier.

Mao is actually a few years younger than Max and Milia, but she was a civilian who lived a pretty hard life on Earth after the First Space War and then in space doing field research in xenobiology without being subject to Creator's Pet treatment.

Max and Milia are drawn much younger than they actually are because of an in-joke about growing old being a state of mind for normal people while they're geniuses.  Everyone else who was alive for the First Space War - e.g. General Gomez and Colonel Millard in Plus, Richard Bilra and Dr. Mao Nome in Frontier, etc. - looks more or less their actual age.

4 hours ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

There's a limit to what diet and exercise can do to arrest or mitigate the physical decline caused by aging... which is one of the reasons militaries have regulations for things like maximum enlistment age and mandatory retirement age.

In Macross, you could potentially cheat that with cybernetics but cybernetically-enhanced soldiers are illegal under interstellar law.  With several previous works basically setting Max up as a sort of Big Good in the setting, I can't see him doing something so illegal and so obvious.

All in all, I'm kind of hoping that's not actually Max.  Maybe Mirage's dad is just really creepily into cosplaying as his father-in-law like some kind of Las Vegas Elvis impersonator?

Delta Flight has enough problems being taken seriously as it is.  The deck's already massively stacked against them by their members being washouts from the underfunded local New UN Forces of the Brisingr Alliance and an itinerant forklift driver instead of elites poached from the military by a company with roughly All The Money, and them having failed so hard at their job that the totally inexperienced forces of Windermere steamrolled them and effectively won the war before their series was even halfway over.  Having Max just show up to save their bacon is rubbing salt in the wound.  They either screwed up so hard the greatest living ace felt compelled to come out of retirement to clean up their mess, or their reputation is so deep in the toilet that the only remedy they could think of was bringing the greatest living ace out of retirement to backhand out a few lines of halfhearted praise.  Isamu got people's attention in the second Frontier movie despite being from a less-popular OVA and not actually appearing onscreen.  Max is going to roll up and steal the scene if not the whole movie.

25 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Or, as a fellow "genius" pilot, she's simply subject to the same stupid meme about "growing old is a state of mind for normal men" that is the official reason Max and Milia look far younger than they actually are.

Let's say it again for the folks in the back... the "Zentradi have much longer lifespans" thing is a Robotech-ism with no basis in Macross.

Hide contents

It's not even really from Robotech proper, it's from the sh*t-awful 90's comics.

Who knows how old she is?  

We do... because we have her official bio from the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series that says she was 15 in 2009.  She was 52 in "Fleet of the Strongest Women", and would've been 73 during the events of the Macross Delta TV series.  If this movie is set a year after that, as previously talked about, she's 74.  Max, who was 16 in the original series, would be 75.

Who can say?

All I'll say is I really hope that's just an ill-advised holographic costume choice made after Mikumo found an unattended KISS album and not Bizarro Walkure.

Mao is actually a few years younger than Max and Milia, but she was a civilian who lived a pretty hard life on Earth after the First Space War and then in space doing field research in xenobiology without being subject to Creator's Pet treatment.

Max and Milia are drawn much younger than they actually are because of an in-joke about growing old being a state of mind for normal people while they're geniuses.  Everyone else who was alive for the First Space War - e.g. General Gomez and Colonel Millard in Plus, Richard Bilra and Dr. Mao Nome in Frontier, etc. - looks more or less their actual age.

There's a limit to what diet and exercise can do to arrest or mitigate the physical decline caused by aging... which is one of the reasons militaries have regulations for things like maximum enlistment age and mandatory retirement age.

In Macross, you could potentially cheat that with cybernetics but cybernetically-enhanced soldiers are illegal under interstellar law.  With several previous works basically setting Max up as a sort of Big Good in the setting, I can't see him doing something so illegal and so obvious.

All in all, I'm kind of hoping that's not actually Max.  Maybe Mirage's dad is just really creepily into cosplaying as his father-in-law like some kind of Las Vegas Elvis impersonator?

Delta Flight has enough problems being taken seriously as it is.  The deck's already massively stacked against them by their members being washouts from the underfunded local New UN Forces of the Brisingr Alliance and an itinerant forklift driver instead of elites poached from the military by a company with roughly All The Money, and them having failed so hard at their job that the totally inexperienced forces of Windermere steamrolled them and effectively won the war before their series was even halfway over.  Having Max just show up to save their bacon is rubbing salt in the wound.  They either screwed up so hard the greatest living ace felt compelled to come out of retirement to clean up their mess, or their reputation is so deep in the toilet that the only remedy they could think of was bringing the greatest living ace out of retirement to backhand out a few lines of halfhearted praise.  Isamu got people's attention in the second Frontier movie despite being from a less-popular OVA and not actually appearing onscreen.  Max is going to roll up and steal the scene if not the whole movie.

Starting to wonder if they cloned Max and Millia and just "open a new case" when the originals get too old? :p