Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

43 minutes ago, Scream Man said:

I have started rewatching the first Delta movie coz I apparently forgot Keith died, which seems like an important thing to have forgotten

Or did he? Don’t know ..maybe speculation on my part...just tot he and roid would be nice plot twists if they survived. Tho seeing how old they were in Windermere terms, maybe it would seem implausible here to have them reappear.

21 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Or did he? Don’t know ..maybe speculation on my part...just tot he and roid would be nice plot twists if they survived. Tho seeing how old they were in Windermere terms, maybe it would seem implausible here to have them reappear.

Yeah I mean getting to the end, and not seeing the body, I dont think its impossible that he did. 

Also it was far better than i remember

55 minutes ago, NightmarePlus said:

Did Keith and Roid get caught up in an explosion?

Yes.  Twice!

First they were caught in the explosion of the mutual kill between Keith's Sv-262Hs and the white Sv-262Hs being remotely puppeted by Roid.  Then the Star Shrine section of the Sigur Berrentzs blew up with both of them on it.

At this point, the only way they're bringing Keith and/or Roid back for movie 2 is if it's snowing and they need something to grit the path with.

9 minutes ago, Bolt said:

A love explosion 😝

... while it was certainly passionate and fiery and there was some penetration involved, the explosion was definitely of the more literal "things blowing up" variety. :p 

1 hour ago, NightmarePlus said:

Inb4 he comes back as a cyborg 

They technology, they can rebuild him!/s

But it's really just a picture of Messer scotch taped to a bucket on top of a mop handle... nobody has the heart to tell Kaname.

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

But it's really just a picture of Messer scotch taped to a bucket on top of a mop handle... nobody has the heart to tell Kaname.

At least in the movie they wouldnt have to explain how his head got more... solid....again. 

2 hours ago, Scream Man said:

At least in the movie they wouldnt have to explain how his head got more... solid....again. 

"Messer! The punchable surface at the top of your neck is back!"

I'm assuming Xaos recently had some small windfall ( Or has levered their debts) . In order to come up with redesigned Valks. Perhaps the peace accord with Windermere has brought some new benefits. And even if they're sharing VF designs and tech with each other, it still must cost quite a bit for these VF-31AX models..

13 hours ago, Bolt said:

I'm assuming Xaos recently had some small windfall ( Or has levered their debts) . In order to come up with redesigned Valks. Perhaps the peace accord with Windermere has brought some new benefits. And even if they're sharing VF designs and tech with each other, it still must cost quite a bit for these VF-31AX models..

Hopefully the film or its supplemental materials will offer an explanation in the not-too-distant future.

As strapped as Xaos was for cash during the closing phases of the war with Windermere, it's kind of hard to credit that they would have the capital to do a major overhaul on their VFs for Delta Flight when something like 1/3 of their forces were wiped out and their motherships are heavily damaged.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, Bolt said:

A deal was made with someone..

Hopefully not the Epsilon Foundation, though they're the most likely culprit given that the VF-31AX Kairos Plus seems to have acquired some tech from Dian Cecht's Sv-262 Draken III.

15 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hopefully not the Epsilon Foundation, though they're the most likely culprit given that the VF-31AX Kairos Plus seems to have acquired some tech from Dian Cecht's Sv-262 Draken III.

They called it: "Galactic Standard" :Đ 

20 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Perhaps Xaos is now middle manning..

On 8/5/2021 at 6:17 PM, Gendo Koun said:

I'm new here and just want to say hi :>>

hi there, and welcome to the forums!

20 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Looks like one species that survived the decimation of Earth back in SW1 were scumbags. They seem to be thriving fine into the colony period of mankind...

6 hours ago, Gendo Koun said:

They called it: "Galactic Standard" :Đ 

True, they do... though that's just hardware compatibility.  The hardware itself had to come from somewhere and the Epsilon Foundation's the biggest player in the globular cluster.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Perhaps Xaos is now middle manning..

Or Megamanning... maybe the Kairos Plus's upgrades came from downed Draken III's.

59 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Looks like one species that survived the decimation of Earth back in SW1 were scumbags. They seem to be thriving fine into the colony period of mankind...

Yeah, but those are just endemic to the species.  Some of the oldest surviving letters (c.1750 BCE) are multiple letters of complaint written to a shady merchant named Ea-nasir about him selling copper ingots of inferior quality.

But yeah, in a Truth in Television moment a lot of the megacorporations in Macross are involved in at least mild to moderately shady stuff.

So I've just noticed in the 2nd trailer of Zettai Live!!! that the cockpit of VF-31AX Kairos+ had this feature:image.png.9f856c3898dec27b86c483aca74db1c8.png

Yea, like the SV-262 or VF-27 they put the 360 view monitor and improve HUD while: not fully armored the cockpit glass ??? As we noticed back in Frontier there is a detail that Brera's VF-27 cockpit being shot but just damage the armor shield and reveal the cockpit glass. I wonder what is the point of this Kairos+ design 1758542108_TomStares.jpg.d2c5a49d53bb038168ba94cff95a751f.jpg

Just now, Bolt said:

Yes. There are a few borrowed design elements from the SV-262..

yes, we are all still remember the death of Messer of TV version: being one-shot and pierce throught the cockpit by Keith. Now they put that feature on Kairos+ but not having any external armor ??? what is the point of design at all ?
The external cockpit plate armor come with 360 view camera and improve HUD to maximize the protection of their pilots and improve field of view inside the cockpit unlike the traditional layout, but having the 360 view camera and improve HUD without external cockpit plate armor is a downside in the design. Shoji-san must be high
 809367054331019264.png.6a751cd0e871ad7af1be276e93e6bf7d.png

29 minutes ago, Gendo Koun said:

Yea, like the SV-262 or VF-27 they put the 360 view monitor and improve HUD while: not fully armored the cockpit glass ??? As we noticed back in Frontier there is a detail that Brera's VF-27 cockpit being shot but just damage the armor shield and reveal the cockpit glass. I wonder what is the point of this Kairos+ design 

It doesn't have to be a replacement for a normal canopy... it could just be to provide a wider field of view for the pilot the way the cockpit monitors did for the VF-17 and VF-19, which had a canopy on the top half of the cockpit and monitors on the bottom half to create a passable illusion of full visibility.

17 minutes ago, Gendo Koun said:

yes, we are all still remember the death of Messer of TV version: being one-shot and pierce throught the cockpit by Keith.

Who could forget the only good moment of the series involving Messer?  The moment he stopped being a stain on the series and started being a stain on the upholstery.

17 minutes ago, Gendo Koun said:

The external cockpit plate armor come with 360 view camera and improve HUD to maximize the protection of their pilots and improve field of view inside the cockpit unlike the traditional layout, but having the 360 view camera and improve HUD without external cockpit plate armor is a downside in the design. Shoji-san must be high

It would not be the first time, or even the second, that a VF was outfitted with wraparound displays of one type or another to produce a similar effect in the name of improving a pilot's situational awareness.  This is just a more immersive version of a cockpit configuration that already existed on the VF-17, VF-19, and VF-171, and was emulated using the BDI system on the VF-22.

(Personally, I suspect that Kawamori-san is simply not trying very hard with the Macross Delta series and movies since all the attention and budget is going to the idol singers.)

17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

It's all part of Bandai's master plan to milk the mold. The next re issue will have armor..😝

Ah yes, the fabled Kairos Double Plus.  Or since they've already used "Double Plus" for other Valkyries maybe they'll call it the Kairos Increment? 😛 

15 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It would not be the first time, or even the second, that a VF was outfitted with wraparound displays of one type or another to produce a similar effect in the name of improving a pilot's situational awareness.  This is just a more immersive version of a cockpit configuration that already existed on the VF-17, VF-19, and VF-171, and was emulated using the BDI system on the VF-22.

Yea but not having the armor plate is a downside compare to such a late-tech Fighter. Take an example of late-tech obsolete: normal VF-31 use traditional cockpit layout-display :V ??

20 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

(Personally, I suspect that Kawamori-san is simply not trying very hard with the Macross Delta series and movies since all the attention and budget is going to the idol singers.)

BIG YES for this, the reason of obsolete VF-31 cockpit design 😂

4 minutes ago, Gendo Koun said:

Yea but not having the armor plate is a downside compare to such a late-tech Fighter. Take an example of late-tech obsolete: normal VF-31 use traditional cockpit layout-display :V ??

I'm not sure I would characterize not having an armored canopy cover as an obsolete design choice...

The armored canopy cover is useful in very specific scenarios, but comes with its own drawbacks like a dependence on external camera systems that can be interfered with via ECM or disrupted by damage and adding additional complications to the ejector seat mechanism.

It's rather telling that it's only used on two models of Valkyrie to date - the General Galaxy's VF-27 Lucifer and Sv-262 Draken III - both of which are designed almost exclusively to fight at point-blank ranges.