Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

We'll probably hear about a Japanese blu-ray release before we hear about a domestic streaming release, but it's really in Bandai's hands in how they want to handle dippinginto the U.S. market. I'm not super optimistic yet considering they haven't tried a U.S. streaming release of the first Delta movie or even the Frontier movies yet.

Spoiler

Cromwell blaming everything on Lady M does not make sense if we go what Berger Stone concluded in Macross Delta episode 25.  Lady M did not exist until after the Vajra War happened (2059). It was that time Xaos on Ragna received a signal from Megaroad-01. 

2 hours ago, RedWolf said:
  Hide contents

Cromwell blaming everything on Lady M does not make sense if we go what Berger Stone concluded in Macross Delta episode 25.  Lady M did not exist until after the Vajra War happened (2059). It was that time Xaos on Ragna received a signal from Megaroad-01. 

Granted, the whole idea isn't exactly congruous...

Spoiler

If Lady M is supposed to be someone on the Megaroad-01, how can she have been active and running Xaos since shortly after the First Space War ended if Megaroad-01 has been incommunicado all that time?  Berger Stone is quite clear that Lady M has been using Xaos and her personal wealth to research the power of songs from a military perspective since the 2010s.

From the spoilers, it sounds like the movie's trying real hard to build a plot out of nothing but references to other Macross titles...

Edited by Seto Kaiba

20 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hide contents

If Lady M is supposed to be someone on the Megaroad-01, how can she have been active and running Xaos since shortly after the First Space War ended if Megaroad-01 has been incommunicado all that time?  Berger Stone is quite clear that Lady M has been using Xaos and her personal wealth to research the power of songs from a military perspective since the 2010s.

From the spoilers, it sounds like the movie's trying real hard to build a plot out of nothing but references to other Macross titles...

Spoiler

For that matter: how do we know the message was really from "Megaroad-1"?

Edited by pengbuzz

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Only one person we know would apply being both a Space War 1 survivor and is known to have both studied songs and the Protoculture.  Not to mention disapproved the particular use of cybernetics  in terms of creating  a hivemind but she is supposed to be dead. Mao Nome.

But this going through  a Conspiracy  Theorist mindset. Somehow she survived the Vajra attack and ended up on Megaroad-01.  The end of the Vajra War somehow allowed communications to come through. 

Yeah lots of leaps of logic on that one but that may be what Cromwell believes.

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I've been avoiding spoilers and actually trying to wait so I have no direct comments on the movie itself.. but it seems this has become more and more noticeable in Macross lately.

Hell even Frontier, which I love and still think is great, is largely a lot of SDFM references. It helps that they are largely superficial and it still has it's own plot and story that is actually good. Delta has the problem that it can't seem to uphold it's own story and apparently needs to bring in nostalgia factors just to placate fans. This reeks of similar problems in other IPs lately, though for the sake of everyone's sanity I won't specifically call out any here.

Spoiler

Speaking of Berger's mentioning of Lady M being around since the end of Space War I and Xaos getting a message from Megaroad-01 after the Vajra War. Wasn't that actually in the series itself. It never appeared in the movie proper. Therefore, things maybe different for this movie version of events.

8 hours ago, deathzealot said:
  Hide contents

Speaking of Berger's mentioning of Lady M being around since the end of Space War I and Xaos getting a message from Megaroad-01 after the Vajra War. Wasn't that actually in the series itself. It never appeared in the movie proper. Therefore, things maybe different for this movie version of events.

True  from a certain point of view if ...

Spoiler

Berger Stone believes  Lady M is Minmay. In the Playststion DYRL game bonus "Lin Minmay's Last Goodbye Message" states that they were following a singing  voice to the center of the galaxy.

Lady M started appearing on the scene right after the Vajra War. And Xaos Ragna  branch receiving a transmission from Megaroad-01. 

If this is what some  people believe it would explain  the political pull of Lady M. But Max himself does not know who Lady M is. So this is not confirmation  Minmay is Lady M.

Cybernetic implants are legal but likely became more regulated  after Macross Galaxy  trying to take over the galaxy  using them. Macross Galaxy also having an extensive use of AI.

Lady M likely appeared just as debate started and Cromwell just latched  on Lady M being the source of his misfortune. Looking for someone  to blame.

I find it funny neither Gramia nor Cromwell blames Macross  Galaxy conspiracy frakking them over as a side effect.

Seto beased on summary of Movie 2, I think I get villain motivation.

Spoiler

If you talk about Cromwell's motivation on deregulating AI and Cybernatic regulation was most likely to strengthen his homeworld military forces as after his proposal was rejected, his homeworld was attacked and destroyed by enemy forces. His home-world military is most likely undermanned and heavily rely on AI unmanned fighter like Ghost which uses regular AI chips in Macross Frontier Ghost without Judah system. In which many new VF and other factions like Vajra easily destroyed them. That most likely Cromwell wants to deregulate it to better defense his under maned and unmanned military forces. Unfortunately, he was quite short-sighted on realized the danger of unregulated AI and Cybernatic research and did not learn lesson from the Sharon Apple incident and Macross Galaxy Conspiracy

As for his motivation on revenge on Lad M, well his HOME world gets destroyed right after his proposal get rejected, of course, he swore misguided revenge and went into full conspiracy theory, putting 2 and 2 to get 5 so that Lady M has always been there and working against him isn't too big a leap. People like Cromwell filled with vengeance tend to be illogical, extremely short-sighted, increasingly selfish,  Irrational, Mis-blaming, Scapegoating, become dumber, Very unreasonable, UNABLE to see reason and Big picture, revenge and moral myopia and full of hypocrisy.

The best example for Cromwell type person in other fiction like Sasuke, Shinn Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny, Enishi from Samurai X, Thorfinn from Vinland Saga and Seryu Ubiquitous from Akame ga Kill. Cromwell is essentially NUNS version of Gramia tv series version.

Edited by charles88

On 10/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, Bolt said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't it stated that "Lady M" had been around since Space war 1..?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I don't think so.

(Yeah...I always wanted to try a "Russian Nest Doll spoiler post :D )

12 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think so.

I hate you so much right now! Laughs.

57 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I don't think so.

You are so weird 😝

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think so.

Omg. Lol 😂 

Honestly, I am excited for any new content in general. Especially since we always have large gaps between series. I’ve been literally keeping my Macross love alive by playing and evangelizing the Cell phone game (Smart Phone DeCulture)

I still want a new series, but this’ll probably keep me busy and theorizing for the next few years so call me satisfied :)

1 hour ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

Just got to listen to the full version of Glow In The Dark, its excellent! Honestly might be one of my top 10 Macross vocal tracks to be honest.

how ? 

Spoiler

Huh. Apparently I was wrong earlier that Max's ship in the movie is the same second Macross Elysion Class ship we see at the end of the first movie. The Macross Grasion. Instead according to MAHQ Max's ship is actually the Macross Gigasion. While it does like the same class the Elysion it actually looks somewhat different with the "arms" being slightly longer and some sort of wings along the sides of the main hull. So that is now four ships of the Elysion Class.

Heh.

Noticed something else about them as well. All four have -sion at the end of their names.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice, though I still say May'n/Sheryl can shut down any Macross singer past & present. But I'm glad they had Yami-Q-Ray "bring it."

I just wonder if Kawamori will get to an eventual showdown with Protoculture & their perfected "Star Singer" vs Earth culture.

Edited by Keith

Eh, it's got some good points, but I feel like this is going to take some in-movie context to really feel fitting for anything in particular.  The vocal work is fine, but after Frontier's soundtrack, Delta's feels... exactly like what it is, I suppose?  It just feels like mass-production pop music.  That in itself isn't a bad thing, and the music can be fine, but it just feels like a background detail to the story, rather than enhancing it in any way.

The sort of weird meta-irony about that is that.. it could be entirely intentional?  At least as far as this anti-Walkure group is concerned anyhow, as I understand it's supposed to be AI-generated and mass produced.  On the other hand though, Walkure never felt to me like they were about "music," they were about singing, in a mechanical sense of the word, just using music as a tool.  Frankly speaking, I think that lands them squarely in the same rut that the Jamming Birds found themselves in, just being slightly more effective due to more rigorous recruitment requirements.

Just a theory linking Macross Frontier to Macross Delta.

Spoiler

Megaroad-01  made contact with Xaos on Ragna right after the Vajra War. Why is this significant?

In the Macross Frontier  novelization Richard Bilrer followed the Vajra in a VF-1 to look for Minmay thus Megaroad-01. 

Bilrer may have succeeded. Bilrer was the sponsor of Macross Frontier. Frontier advocated an all natural environment ships and banned cybernetics. 

Maybe Cromwell thinks Richard Bilrer is Lady M or Lady M is in league with Richard Bilrer.

Aisha Blanchet who used to work for SMS now works for Xaos in the novel. 

On 10/20/2021 at 5:05 PM, pengbuzz said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think so.

Man xD

Hmmm i wonder if the next macross adventure would involve megaroad-1....all these chatter and max appearing again suggests maybe a re-visit may be due...

Yes i know abt kawamori-san's penchant for not re-visiting old stories...

would megaroad-1 appearing on a 50th anniversary of macross would be too good to pass up?....10 years to build up this story!......

26 minutes ago, seti88 said:

would megaroad-1 appearing on a 50th anniversary of macross would be too good to pass up?....10 years to build up this story!......

That implies it would be good at all. I'm thinking not.

• 3 weeks later...