Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

On 4/1/2022 at 4:34 AM, pengbuzz said:

The last one: the neon wonder (we wonder how it ever left the factory like that?!).

It's clearly meant for the digital battlefield. It was designed to fight for the users in the battle against the MCP.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:34 AM, pengbuzz said:

The last one: the neon wonder (we wonder how it ever left the factory like that?!).

Because that's a consequence of its fancy nextgen fold wave-based energy conversion armor, apparently...

Tron lines are apparently a secondary side effect?

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Because that's a consequence of its fancy nextgen fold wave-based energy conversion armor, apparently...

Tron lines are apparently a secondary side effect?

Guess fold and neon are synonymous then?

11 minutes ago, twich said:

It makes me wonder how the DX toy will turn out.  I like it though, hope it doesn't have the same difficulty with transformation as the DX SV-262

Twich

I doubt. Looking at the images and trying to figure out which part is which on different modes, I think this one is going to be more challenging than Draken.

1681654672_SV303_.png.cf678d161a0d79f405fd881eeb4f7ec5.png

237508384_SV303_2.png.d7834161fb40f814424905f5036edae8.png

1258937585_SV303_.png.05f00daf4877e83e18e07113fd302f27.png

589689833_SV303_.png.208cd58c111aafd175fd1483f82f2d6e.png

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I doubt. Looking at the images and trying to figure out which part is which on different modes, I think this one is going to be more challenging than Draken.

1681654672_SV303_.png.cf678d161a0d79f405fd881eeb4f7ec5.png

237508384_SV303_2.png.d7834161fb40f814424905f5036edae8.png

1258937585_SV303_.png.05f00daf4877e83e18e07113fd302f27.png

589689833_SV303_.png.208cd58c111aafd175fd1483f82f2d6e.png

Someone's liable to have a seizure trying that one!

So, let me see if I counted this right.....It has 6 of the integrated 25mm-35mm laser machine gun integrated weapons, Dual Quantum beam cannons, like the YF-29 turreted guns and although I cannot see them, I am sure it has micro missile launchers.  4 thermonuclear reaction engines.  I have not seen the 2nd Macross Delta movie, but I can see how a YF-29 was needed to deal with these.  While I love the VF-31A Kairos and VF-31 Siegfried, I don't see it compete with this level of valkyrie.  Are the powers that be equating this as a possible 6th gen fighter?

Twich

1 minute ago, pengbuzz said:

Someone's liable to have a seizure trying that one!

or an MI from stress.  I know that transforming my DX SV-262 was anxiety inducing.  That is why it will forever remain in battroid.

Twich

21 minutes ago, twich said:

So, let me see if I counted this right.....It has 6 of the integrated 25mm-35mm laser machine gun integrated weapons, Dual Quantum beam cannons, like the YF-29 turreted guns and although I cannot see them, I am sure it has micro missile launchers.  4 thermonuclear reaction engines.  I have not seen the 2nd Macross Delta movie, but I can see how a YF-29 was needed to deal with these.  While I love the VF-31A Kairos and VF-31 Siegfried, I don't see it compete with this level of valkyrie.  Are the powers that be equating this as a possible 6th gen fighter?

Twich

Close.

Those 6 "laser machine guns" are actually 6 Lil Drakken drones (the pink parts, present in the Battroid and Fighter mode images, but missing on the GERWALK mode image, above).

Each of those can separate and fly independently.  In addition to the "laser machine gun", they are each equipped with a pair of micro missile launchers.

Does the base (main) unit have micro missile launchers?  It's hard to see, but it looks like there are a pair in what becomes the upper leg—just below the knee caps (visible in 2nd image above, not visible in the others).  There *may* be a pair of laser machineguns on either side just behind the cockpit, as well.  But those could just be the business ends of the dual quantum beam cannon turret when in Fighter mode.

28 minutes ago, twich said:

Twich

Depends what source you ask?

"Not official setting" materials from the Macross creators like Master File have suggested the YF-29 is itself a 6th Generation VF or equivalent.

Officially, the VF-31 Siegfried, and presumably the Kairos Plus type, are considered 5.5th Generation.

3 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Depends what source you ask?

"Not official setting" materials from the Macross creators like Master File have suggested the YF-29 is itself a 6th Generation VF or equivalent.

Officially, the VF-31 Siegfried, and presumably the Kairos Plus type, are considered 5.5th Generation.

Is Macross truly on gen 6 yet? Or hovering between "5.5" and 6?

I guess this is why I need to see that movie. I hope that this will come to the USA in some format with official English subs sometime soon.  Also, it would be nice to see official release of stats so that I can quantify just how powerful these variable fighters are. Seeing CG renders of them are cool, but some “meat and potatoes “ are needed for me to wrap my head around it

36 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Is Macross truly on gen 6 yet? Or hovering between "5.5" and 6?

At this point?  I would lean towards "No" because the galaxy is still dependent on finite reserves of fold quartz from former Protoculture settlements or Vajra remains, and so can't economically mass produce something like the YF-29, YF-30, VF-31 Siegfried Custom, or VF-31AX Kairos Plus.

Gen 5 is still in the process of entering service, so I think it'll be decades yet before Gen 6 is ready for prime time with synthetic fold quartz.

23 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Why does the title have so many exclamation marks?

It's a gimmicky title, one exclamation mark for each idol... five for Walkure and one for the Siren Delta System.

The recent anniversary album did the same thing, with seven... five for Walkure, and two for Ranka and Sheryl.

23 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Good grief, its just another Delta, not the second coming of Frontier or SDFM.

It's actually noteworthy as the first movie in the franchise to not be a retelling of a series storyline.

4 hours ago, twich said:

Are the powers that be equating this as a possible 6th gen fighter?

Technically the YF-29 might be considered a 6th generation VF due its capabilities. As it is called the Last Valkyrie. Thing is it is too expensive to produce and aces are.the only ones seen piloting them.

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It's a gimmicky title, one exclamation mark for each idol... five for Walkure and one for the Siren Delta System.

The recent anniversary album did the same thing, with seven... five for Walkure, and two for Ranka and Sheryl.

What? There's a a crazed rationale for it?

Amazing.

When I see that many exclamation marks it usually means that someone is REALLY enthusiastic about what their promoting. And expects me to be as well.

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It's actually noteworthy as the first movie in the franchise to not be a retelling of a series storyline.

Does anything happen?

Another humanfest? Lots of crooning and wailing?

Or do do  we finally get more heavy combat with decent aliens?

I think that there should be a campaign to bring Macross Series and Movies to other parts of the world besides the U.S.

For Example, Macross Delta Absolute Live!!!!!! is highly demanded for Latin America so the hashtag on twitter would be #MacrossLATAM

4 hours ago, Zethus said:

I think that there should be a campaign to bring Macross Series and Movies to other parts of the world besides the U.S.

For Example, Macross Delta Absolute Live!!!!!! is highly demanded for Latin America so the hashtag on twitter would be #MacrossLATAM

It’s Worldwide. I believe that was the intent when Big West and Harmony Gold announced this back in April 2021:

Tokyo based BIGWEST CO.,LTD. and Los Angeles based Harmony Gold U.S.A. announced an agreement regarding the worldwide rights for the legendary Macross and Robotech franchises. This expansive agreement signed by both companies on March 1, 2021, ends two decades of disagreements and will allow Bigwest and Harmony Gold to chart a new path that will unlock the great potential of both the Macross and Robotech franchises worldwide. The landmark agreement immediately permits worldwide distribution of most of the Macross films and television sequels worldwide, and also confirms that Bigwest will not oppose the Japanese release of an anticipated upcoming live-action Robotech film. The agreement also recognizes Harmony Gold’s longstanding exclusive license with Tatsunoko for the use of the 41 Macross characters and mecha in the Robotech television series and related merchandise throughout the world excluding Japan. Moving forward, both parties will cooperate on distribution regarding future Macross and Robotech projects for the benefit of both franchises.

The thing is that it’s not going to happen overnight just because there’s already an ‘agreement’. It’s not that they’re going to start airing the series the following day. There will still be arrangement that needed to bappen. And all of us fans need to do is wait patiently. We’ve already been in this road for decades. What matters is that, atleast these two companies found a way to work together to bring the series worldwide. 

Well, I believe that we need whatever we can to help, even with helping out the subtitling (i.e. foreign language Subtitles such as Spanish, French, German, Korean, etc.) 

6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

What? There's a a crazed rationale for it?

There is nothing "crazed" about it.

The movie's title and the design of its title card were careful and deliberate choices intended to support the film's marketing.

5 hours ago, Zethus said:

Why would there need to be?

The licensing roadblocks in China and southeast Asia were cleared years ago, and Macross releases are already well underway there.  For Europe, Australia, and South America, the licensing of anime and manga titles tends to flow through North American distributors to their subsidiary companies or localization/distribution partners in those regions.  We'll be seeing releases announced for those markets in fairly short order once the North American releases are announced.

10 hours ago, RedWolf said:

Technically the YF-29 might be considered a 6th generation VF due its capabilities.

Master File straight-up calls it a 6th Generation Valkyrie... and the reference to derivatives of it as 5.5th Generation would tend to support its position.

As it is called the Last Valkyrie.

No, it's called The Strongest Valkyrie... at least, in Macross Delta: Absolute Live!!!!!'s promotional materials.

What you're probably thinking of is the 5th Generation Valkyries in general being referred to as the "Last Manned Valkyrie" in a reference/nod to the way 5th Generation fighter jets were expected (at the time Macross Frontier was made) to be the "last manned fighters" the US military would use.  That belief, of course, goes back a ways to the development of the 5th Generation fighters referenced in Macross Plus and the competition between the 4th Generation Valkyries and unmanned fighters like the Ghost X-9 and Neo Glaug.

Thing is it is too expensive to produce and aces are.the only ones seen piloting them.

For now, anyway.  The main thing that makes it so expensive is the ultra-large, ultra-high purity fold quartz that is necessary to manufacture and operate the fold wave system.  The required size and purity were/are only readily available from the carcasses of Vajra queen forms, so the investment of resources necessary to aquire it makes the production of the YF-29 an absolutely bank-breaking endeavor.  Even worlds with access to large stockpiles of fold quartz like Uroboros only have the resources to manufacture a few of them, so it's the inability to synthesize fold quartz the way they can synthesize fold carbon that ultimately makes the YF-29 an unattainable super-prototype unfit for even limited production.

(Master File suggests the VF-31 Siegfried type's fold wave system was an innovative redesign of the fold wave system that was able to function with much less fold quartz than a regular fold wave system, but at the cost of reduced performance and losing the ability to activate the system at will the way the YF-29 could.)

Okay, so maybe this is explained in the text, which I cannot read, but is there a reason why it has written on the CAD drawings, it calls it a YF-33?  I think that this might be a runner up, siding right up with the VF-9 as the origami valkyrie.  Those wing shifts and movement of the engines seem like it could be like star wars ships...X-Wing/B-Wing.  I am glad that it gives a bit of a better explanation of transformation.

Twich

3 hours ago, twich said:

Okay, so maybe this is explained in the text, which I cannot read, but is there a reason why it has written on the CAD drawings, it calls it a YF-33?  I think that this might be a runner up, siding right up with the VF-9 as the origami valkyrie.  Those wing shifts and movement of the engines seem like it could be like star wars ships...X-Wing/B-Wing.  I am glad that it gives a bit of a better explanation of transformation.

Twich

The previous official color renderings weren't very clear on this, I always thought the 2 smaller thrusters were an integrated part of the bigger leg thrusters in Fighter mode, and just splits out from it in the X-wing-like & other modes.. With the new underside images, it looks like they actually unfurl out from the belly of the fighter. I am liking the SV-303 design more and more.. But perhaps its a new valk syndrome, same as when the SV-262 was first revealed.

Edited by MKT

I Love the SV-262, and think that it is an amazing Valkyrie. I’m really certain that it is under appreciated as a design. I’m physically pained at how difficult it is to transform, otherwise it would be one of my favorite Macross Jet toys that I own. I think it is a shame that there was not further call to release more of them, as we saw with the VF-31. Maybe this fact will have Bandai release a 2.0 like the VF-25 got, and we will get a red SV-262Hs for Bogue from the new movie along with all the rest of the SV-262Ba’s and VF-31AX’s , SV-303 and YF-29 Max custom.  I just wish that it would come with the middle pods and sword along with the Valkyrie, heck throw in the lil’ darkens to entice buyers!

Twich

1 hour ago, MKT said:

The previous official color renderings weren't very clear on this, I always thought the 2 smaller thrusters were an integrated part of the bigger leg thrusters in Fighter mode, and just splits out from it in the X-wing-like & other modes.. With the new underside images, it looks like they actually unfurl out from the belly of the fighter. I am liking the SV-303 design more and more.. But perhaps its a new valk syndrome, same as when the SV-262 was first revealed.

To me, as the uneducated, layman observer, is that the SV-303 is a cross of the VF-4 with the VF-27 and/or YF-29.  I think that this design is absolutely wonderful and as said earlier in the thread, this thing has several Lil' Draken Drones attached to its hull to give it some truly impressive firepower.  I am eagerly anticipating more information on this Valkyrie and this gives me excitement and hope for Kawamori's new designs coming up in future Macross products.

Twich

Call me crazy, But i think i like how the neon tron-esque .. ship.. plane thing looks. I'm saying ship because of how big it appears in the trailer, But I can't watch the movie yet. I bet it'd be HELL to paint though, as all of those light neon lines and all the black makes for masking tape galore. It looks neat IMO, I've never seen anything quite like it. 

Edited by Macross-Plus

8 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Amazing. A bunch of exclamation marks.

No different than any other movie of TV show with exclamation points in their titles. For example, Airplane!, Top Secret!, Mamma Mia!, American Dad!, Just Shoot Me!, Teen Titans Go! or Moulin Rouge!. Ignore the exclamation points if it bothers you so much.

In universe explanation for the livery aside, it's too bad that's the livery they chose because those front/side/back renders are a really cool looking but it's all hidden under that glowing mess.

Also, that transformation isn't really origami.  Outside of the hips folding up and the connecting plate  folding underneath it's pretty much just a 31 with a nose cone that folds under.  Looks like Kawamori essentially took a VF-4 configuration, made the legs swing up instead of down and figured out how to make it transform like a 31.

Edited by Mommar