Hardcore Mecha; Video Game and Collectibles

The game is by Rocketpunch games and basically looks like a Metal Slug styled game using real robots and at times the pilots themselves.  

It's been years since the kickstarter but it looks to finally be coming out this year for PC and PS4. Here's the latest build trailer as of March 2019

Personally I can't wait. I still play Armored Warriors on Fightcade like it's new so this will be a welcome addition.

There are a good number of licensed collectibles coming too from companies like CCSToys and Earnestcore Craft in both the SD game type and regularly-proportioned.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rocketpunchgame/status/1025660209933385728/photo/3 

Definitely neat stuff and cool to see higher-ended, diecast homages right off the bat.

DjveShAUYAE7yvt.jpeg

Edited by Kuma Style

Alright, so got the full breakdown article and gallery for CCSToys' Thunderbolt up on Kuma Style. http://kumastyledesigns.com/ccstoys-thunderbolt-review/

Title-FB-CCSThunderbol.png

Article gives a by-category breakdown but overall I gave it an 8.5/10. I think that in terms of both aesthetic and quality this really stands up to and even exceeds a lot of other high-end real robot products like Bandai's Metal Builds. It looks great, is well built, and the articulation is solid. It's a genuinely "fun" piece to play with and that in and of itself is refreshing.

Here are a few pictures from the gallery portion;

6-268.png

9-236.png

13-194.png

Edited by Kuma Style

Very cool @Kuma Style ! I like this toy!

1) It doesn’t look like it and I didn’t notice when you went through articulation of the legs, but do the knee guards pivot back and forth or any direction? They’re fixed?

2) I really like the “launch arm” style of the 3rd party stand!

3) it’s very hard not to see Gundam, in all of these “original” robot toys. But that makes a certain amount of sense.

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Very cool @Kuma Style ! I like this toy!

1) It doesn’t look like it and I didn’t notice when you went through articulation of the legs, but do the knee guards pivot back and forth or any direction? They’re fixed?

2) I really like the “launch arm” style of the 3rd party stand!

3) it’s very hard not to see Gundam, in all of these “original” robot toys. But that makes a certain amount of sense.

Cheers!

The knee joints don't glide between. In general, that's not a "thing" with the metal build toys because of the knee joint being a solid diecast piece and not having a sliding mechanism. 

2.) The 3p stand is awesome. Just in case you aren't familiar, it's 1:1 with the Gundam Metal Build ones in terms of the stand itself but the storage spaces are new.

3.) Honestly it reminds me a lot of the SRW OG designs but even with Super Robot Wars there are design bits taken from all over the mecha spectrum. And just for the sake of debate you can't really quotation the word original as if used loosely unless there's a specific mo ile suit you can say it looks like... I'd say it'd be pretty hard to design a mech in general that didn't take cues from a single other bot in this day and age, ha.

I appreciatectje feedback and questions, man! If you do end up picking it up I'm really looking forward to your opinions too!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:00 PM, Bolt said:

Nice! You keep making these look like I wanna buy one..:D

Honestly you should! It's a solid product so aa long as you like the look you're money. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. 

---------

So with as nice of a product as the CCSTOYS Thunderbolt is I didn't like the stand that came with. Their Perisoreus Internigrans came with a nuch more traditional metal build styled stand and even better than the MB ones with additional drawers on the sides. This really set a standard for my tastes and the fact that Thunderbolt even comes with an adapter for said stand type made it seem crazy that it doesn't have it. 

So I went ahead and got a generic white stand and through a lot of trial and error designed and applied my own tampos. Check it out;

20190618_235109-e1561034649716.jpg 

20190618_235122-e1561034692429.jpg 

20190618_235045-e1561034599299.jpg 

20190619_000100-e1561034535325.jpg 

20190619_000720-e1561034553529.jpg

So I didn't know this but apparently Hardcore Mecha is only coming out on the Asian Playstation stores next week for some reason (although PC will be global.) Wonder what gives with that? It's as easy as making a free japanese Playstation account but still annoying.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:33 PM, CrossAir said:

My Thunderbolt just arrived and I just can confirm everything that is said in Kuma Style's review.  Besides I think it fits extremely well with the FMP Metal Build line as the Thunderbolt seems to be 1/48 scale, too.:

IMG_7606.thumb.jpg.cedf2353a0c32aca58c5d6076da30c21.jpg

Great shot and you're correct in that it fits with the Gernsback stupid well. Is yours seriously that blue though? It's a completely different shade than mine.

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Great shot and you're correct in that it fits with the Gernsback stupid well. Is yours seriously that blue though? It's a completely different shade than mine.

No, in reality mine is the same color as in your pics. I took that picture with my iPhone within a LED-Photobooth and used the quick enhancement filter on it. 

Btw. I have to say it again Kuma, your pictures are amazing :good:

7 hours ago, CrossAir said:

No, in reality mine is the same color as in your pics. I took that picture with my iPhone within a LED-Photobooth and used the quick enhancement filter on it. 

Btw. I have to say it again Kuma, your pictures are amazing :good:

Ok cool! Since mine was sent by the company pre release I didn't know if a color change decision was made on the final which happens quite a bit. 

And ty, man.