Games workshop collectibles

Big s

2 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Are these it available in US & Canada? I see a preorder button at the top of all the European pages, but nothing on the US site.

I don't see any restrictions, so I'm hoping the US & Canada sites will have their pre-order pages up today by 10 o'clock...noon at the latest.

Edited by technoblue
nothing yet; still waiting

I guess we may just have to see if they do a wider release, if these sell out quickly. 

With the continued availability on the international sites, I imagine this isn’t anything like a Macross preorder situation. 

Honestly wish it was a kit like the 1/12 Star Wars or FigureRise ones. Ultramarines have never been my thing.

Oof, $210... I think I may be out on this one...

I should have realized that this would be more like the GW pricing model than the Bandai one.

EDIT: haha, after reading Mechaniac’s post, I realized that I was set to New Zealand pricing!

Edited by Kelsain

Order placed with games-workshop.com for one copy, $106.35 w/tax and free 3-6 day shipping to my home.  It is pricey, but this is a frik'n Space Marine articulated and fully finished figure, so I just couldn't resist, and with PayPal Credit -- it is above the $99.00 threshold -- I got 6 months to pay, which makes it a bit more palatable.

Edited by mechaninac

So I ordered one and had to pay upfront. 

Being out of the wargaming fandom since 2005 this release confuses me:

• Why no regular Space Marine; it is far more iconic than the Primaris variant. 
  • Why not a named character; I would love to get the 18 Primaches as an enclosed and finished collection

Anyhow, I hope they will make some more Chapter variants. Would love to get a Dark Angel one. I'm not an Ultrasmurfs fan but if backing this project gets me other color variants I'm happy to support.

Edited by Scyla

16 hours ago, Scyla said:

Being out of the wargaming fandom since 2005 this release confuses me:

• Why no regular Space Marine; it is far more iconic than the Primaris variant. 
  • Why not a named character; I would love to get the 18 Primaches as an enclosed and finished collection

A) Actually the Primaris Marine is the new icon now. Seems that these are more space marine then the old ones. In fact the models are actually more to their fluffy design of the marines then the old ones (this includes in the current rules set).

B) This might just be a test bed for not only the armiture, but the fact that the GW brand can sell Bandai's services. If these sell out semi-quickly they might go after others.

Forgeworld has most of the primarchs done in thier Horus Hersey series. As for those that survived to the 42nd millinuim (current clock is around M41.250) is Magnus, Mortarion, and Guilliman. So far, rest are MIA or buried.

Primaris have replaced normal space marines.  GW made everything bigger so it was easier to paint and construct.  Purely a business decision that they wrote into the lore.  They brought one of the Primarchs back and he had a secret project with a 10k year old Tech Priest to make stronger marines.

I assumed their older lines weren't selling so well, and a lot of new war gaming lines are bigger models.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Felix said:

7.5" tall, 100% plastic, and $215.OO US..... Damn I  really wanted one, but I'm out. I recently picked up a NEW GX-67 Battleship Arcadia for less than that, and it is huge and full of metal.

$215 was the NZ price. the US price was $120 and all 9K sold out in a day anyway.

31 minutes ago, Focslain said:

$215 was the NZ price. the US price was $120 and all 9K sold out in a day anyway.

Wow, didn't realize it sold out so quickly.  

1 minute ago, Felix said:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/103922

pre-order here.... I assume this is some sort of exclusive.... still a pass

Holy crap, that is quite the mark-up.  I ordered mine directly from games workshop.

Edited by sumyumgoy

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...