PLAMAX 1/20 VF-25, YF-29 and VF-31

TMBounty_Hunter

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I picked one up, these are not bad looking at all. I got Alto's VF-25F, yep you totally need glue on this! The parts are on decent looking runners, they're easy to snap off with nippers, the canopy is broken into 3 pieces for easy taping and painting of the frame, but you'll need to I think glue them as well. But the joining parts are right where the black needs to be applied if you paint it. The only area right now I'm noticing where there will be an obvious seamline is at the nose itself, but it'll be easy to apply a thin layer of cement glue and sand that down. 

There is a fair amount of stickers, they're not bad looking at all, probably a little thicker than the ones Bandai uses on their Macross kits. There's even a set of stickers for the shoulder pads to the EX-Gear, that's encouraging cause I was thinking of just painting it....still might, haven't fully decided yet.Decent amount of HUD display images from just white, Ranka, Ozma pop ups, Ready and Startup, and data readings. 

Think this'll be kinda fun, might start working on it this weekend or when the weather gets cooler, I'm not sure yet. But for the size of this thing and what you get, I do feel like I paid a little to much on Amazon and if I do another in the future I'll just stick with HLJ for literally half the price. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's not bad. I mean I kind of like these my only complaint is the lack of parts separation in the cockpit for easier painting. I've got the cockpit systems sort of set for painting and I did a dry fit of the majority it looked really nice. So while the primer sets on the cockpit frame I've got a little bit of cement glue on the nose cone seamline and been sanding away at that to make it look better.

Alright so I finished my VF-25F,I'm gonna be totally honest with you guys, it's neat in concept and if you can airbrush it'll look pretty cool. But these stickers totally ruined it for me in a lot of ways. They maybe will hold better on bare plastic but so far being an entirely painted kit, they continue to bubble and pull away no matter what I try to do to get them to stay on, and it's super annoying. They're also so damn large and kept to a basic shape so they eat up a lot of space and don't fit very well where they should.  It's not a 50 dollar kit though, I probably wouldn't pay more than 35 for this thing at all. It still lacks a ton of detail that could of been nice, there should of been more parts separation and color breakdowns so you wouldn't have to use stickers. I also would of loved it more if it came with a pilot.298796724_803271860706098_6589453688160701248_n.jpeg.7f25648045db9c8cd4dd2689f061c8ae.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/21/2023 at 8:57 AM, no3Ljm said:

They had to make it a full set purchase.. Hoping I can find a group to split the set upfront at PO stage than take my chances with the aftermarket when it releases.

2q3.gif

I mean.. let's just set aside the fact that none of the girls were pilots, and it's obvious that none of those pilots are supposed to be Walkure members..  

Why would they think anyone would want to buy a set of 5 non-canon schemes that have never been shown on-screen in the first place?

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

2q3.gif

I mean.. let's just set aside the fact that none of the girls were pilots, and it's obvious that none of those pilots are supposed to be Walkure members..  

Why would they think anyone would want to buy a set of 5 non-canon schemes that have never been shown on-screen in the first place?

I was at the Third Live when they showed off these liveries in the opening CG movie and I thought it was pretty awesome. Nice enough I want one of my fav Walkure member but yeah not enough for a full set.

On 12/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

I didn't see it until now but Luca's boxart is absolutely fantastic :D

I am only seeing this now, but the Luca fighter nose package design is very funny XD