Macross DYRL 1984 film promotional materials

jvmacross

Nice.....17 hours is a lifetime when it comes to trying to purchase "Japan Only" items from that site.  So yes, you were very lucky indeed.  There have been plenty of great deals that I have missed due to the ridiculous limitations currently in place.  Hopefully, that will change at some point....I am sure the overseas demand warrants a policy change.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Swann said:

The trifold one. The one I bought for 1500 yen

No, I think it was a media promotional item.....The one I have came with several other items that were geared towards promoting the film...sort of like a "press kit".....it came with posters where release date info could be written into "blank spaces" and other items....

You can see pics at the start of this thread....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just going to add these here since they are part of the DYRL promotional campaign......

A couple of cels from the Macross DYRL Special Preview promotional trailer.......

large.20211102_181417.jpg.bed8971aab62a9

large.20211102_181451.jpg.4ed03d9ee37041

So basically, the main difference on these cels from the cels used in the actual film, is the lack of Focker's "yellow" chest stripe on his VF-1S.......maybe they did not have any yellow paint when the sequence was painted? :rolleyes:

The sequence that these cels are used in from the Macross DYRL Special Preview trailer can be seen here:

Incidentally, the trailer goes through several "versions" prior to the release of the film and one of the final trailers actually has the "correctly painted" yellow chest striped VF-1S finally included...as well as the inclusion of the wrecked Regult as seen in the actual film sequence, which is also missing from the original "non-yellow striped" VF-1S sequence from the special preview trailer.....the corrected VF-1S sequence can be seen here:

Another interesting bit of trivia regarding the "Special Preview" trailer is that is was actually storyboarded!

large.20200424_115344.jpg.555d5a48882bb5

large.20200424_115352.jpg.3b71ee8798c36b

Here is another cel from this Special Preview sequence.....

large.20200504_123629.jpg.0a6edd10deedcb

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

This promotional poster does not come up often...I believe it is one of the first Macross promo items that references the film

I believe so too. Macross in 1984. Was still lava hot, and products were constantly being made. It would have easily go up to $170 to $240

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

This promotional poster does not come up often...I believe it is one of the first Macross promo items that references the film

ALSO. Their most biggest competitors was Star Wars and Gundam, and still is to this day.

Macross is great and we are here because we all agree it is....however, I am afraid Macross is nowhere close to being as popular as Star Wars or Gundam...perhaps it is as a result of its forced isolation from the world stage for the majority of its existence that has kept it from becoming anything more than a niche fan series...

Macross the Movie uncut ticket proof sheet? Not quite sure (about B2 size, from Yahoo Japan Auction pictures)
If you compare the left and right sides vs known tickets(mine on bottom), those blue blocks seem to overlap those areas, so not sure these are actual tickets you would then run through a perforator to then have the lobby attendant tear off.
Sticking with printing proof test run for now 😛

i-img1200x900-1678606801ppj6tj59737.jpg

i-img1200x900-16786068014kcqot59737.jpg

tickets.jpg

Macross the Movie Scripts

Eri Takeda (Milia herself) still has her movie script, but she has a change of dialogue. She says in the final version they changed her line to Meltrandi,, but the script still has the original lines...basically "Is there no one who can fight at my level!?"...she would soon find out LOL
Just awesome.

20210213_195059.jpg

script1.jpg

script2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Shawn said:

You are doing a great job getting the rare stuff, you have a great eye and your collection is awesome.
JV and I have just been at it a bit longer, that's the only difference :)

Also means you usually will pay the 3rd highest price from anything...:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

You cannot control who is bidding on the same items as you...winning is just a matter of you wanting it more badly than the other bidders and having the ability to outspend the competition..........LOL

Which is why Mercari is the great equalizer! ;)  If you are on the site at the right time, you can score some ridiculously priced stuff...

Last night. I found a white whale there. The folded version of the other DYRL poster. You have it up too.

29 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Do you have the White Whale 2-sided variation?
That auction was for this one-the one sided poster with the special bottom section.
image.png.460c9cb868bd5c42fb7a6d43ac806b72.png
This is the variant.
You gotta remember with Macross collecting, there is ALWAYS a freaking VARIANT. 😛

image.png.08076187c4de81825f677e759629582e.png

I have both now. The folded one. Hasn't been ship yet to the storage.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:13 AM, Shawn said:

I think the single sided one is rarer that the 2 sided one
I've seen the single 2x I think, maybe 3, but the double sided at least 5-6 times.
for whatever that is worth

when it comes to Exedol-level of archival record keeping, your data is fact....I concur with your findings!

:rolleyes: