Help with transforming 1/48

Ltee

Sorry to post this but I just got a 1/48 vf-1s (reissue I think since there are no velcro tabs on the front cover???) anyways it didn't come with any instructions and I'm clueless as to how to transform it anyone have steps that I can follow to change it from fighter mode to battloid mode (where it will stay permenantly).

Thanks.

Sorry to post this but I just got a 1/48 vf-1s (reissue I think since there are no velcro tabs on the front cover???) anyways it didn't come with any instructions and I'm clueless as to how to transform it anyone have steps that I can follow to change it from fighter mode to battloid mode (where it will stay permenantly).

Thanks.

it;s under the paper/ carboard box that holds the valkyrie. in between it and the outside cover. your stickersheets etc are there too

ali

Thank you...I feel quite dumb for not checking lol.

yw. and no worries. they hide that sucker pretty well. treat yrou valkyrie carefully. no lot let the backpack go loos or flat. o. let it lie gently on a desk etc. it wil sav eyou lto sof pain. I do that and I get no streess marks wahtsoever.

Whew just finished transforming the vf-1s to battroid and it was really rough nothing like the transformers I had when I was little. I do have one last question does the head turn right or left? It doesn't seem to move at all and I dont want to force it and break the head off.

Thanks.

it;s under the paper/ carboard box that holds the valkyrie. in between it and the outside cover. your stickersheets etc are there too

ali

Yeah, I just got my 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S, and I didn't see the directions on the bottom of the box at first. LOL! By studying the thing, I didn'nt need the instructions to figure out most of the transformation; I just used the instructions to make sure that I didn't force parts to move in a way that they shouldn't. Life is so much easier with the Bandai 1/55s. :D

I got my 1/48s the other day.

I didn't see the instruction sheet, I still haven't. I'll have to check the boxes again.

I managed to sit down and work out the transformation process by myself anyway.

I'm glad I was pre-warned about the back-pack hinge though.

I love the legs swing-bar arangement, and the slide-down heat sheild is cool too.

I always hated having to detach and swap bits when transforming other valkyries.

Bigger IS better.

The toy is absolutely beautiful as it should be for spending over a $100 bucks on it. This is a collector's item so I'm in no way planning on transforming it back and forth although to be quite honest now that I understand how it works it isn't toooo difficult. Even ithough I followed the directions as closely as I could understand them I had to apply quite a bit of pressure...something I wasn't to fond of doing. Some things I noticed though and I wanted to share my experience.

1) The legs needed quite a bit of force to get out...with a toy that expensive I'm not to keen on transforming it again and again...but I have to admit its not as fragile as I thought it would be.

2) the arms were the easiest thing to transform.

3) When you bring the nosecone down to change the gerwalk to battroid mode on the backside you have to open up a hatch so the swing bar has something to attach to. At first I thought the swing bar HAD to be pushed in this is NOT the case. Merely put the swing bar where it seems it would fit and then put the cover on top of the swing bar and push the cover (not the swing bar) and you should hear snap and waala its attached!!!

4) The lasers and hands are very fragile you've heard it on the forums well I'm telling ya its the truth dont use those things for leverage if ur transforming.

5) I did have some problems with the head. When you first bring the head out from the gerwalk mode its backwards. you need to twist it around and even then it was flimsy...the head piece to me seemed fragile so I was at a bit of a loss as to what I should do...well AFTER the head is turned around in the correct direction push down...but gently and it should snap into place.

6) the last difficult step i had was bringing the chestplate down. In order for me to get the chestplate to stay down I had to push down the heatshield (the black skull piece that slides over the cockpit) first and once that slid down everything snapped into place.

Some other thoughts I'd like to share. The swing bar is very STURY, however, I felt that what the swing bar was attached to from the top to the bottom could be broken off if you swung the toy around during the transformation process.

I really believe that you need to have a 1/48 out on display to truely admire the toy....so if you can afford it buy one for display and the other in its box for safekeeping.

If I run into any other transformation issues or ideas I'll be sure to post.

The toy is absolutely beautiful as it should be for spending over a $100 bucks on it. This is a collector's item so I'm in no way planning on transforming it back and forth although to be quite honest now that I understand how it works it isn't toooo difficult. Even ithough I followed the directions as closely as I could understand them I had to apply quite a bit of pressure...something I wasn't to fond of doing. Some things I noticed though and I wanted to share my experience.

1) The legs needed quite a bit of force to get out...with a toy that expensive I'm not to keen on transforming it again and again...but I have to admit its not as fragile as I thought it would be.

2) the arms were the easiest thing to transform.

3) When you bring the nosecone down to change the gerwalk to battroid mode on the backside you have to open up a hatch so the swing bar has something to attach to. At first I thought the swing bar HAD to be pushed in this is NOT the case. Merely put the swing bar where it seems it would fit and then put the cover on top of the swing bar and push the cover (not the swing bar) and you should hear snap and waala its attached!!!

4) The lasers and hands are very fragile you've heard it on the forums well I'm telling ya its the truth dont use those things for leverage if ur transforming.

5) I did have some problems with the head. When you first bring the head out from the gerwalk mode its backwards. you need to twist it around and even then it was flimsy...the head piece to me seemed fragile so I was at a bit of a loss as to what I should do...well AFTER the head is turned around in the correct direction push down...but gently and it should snap into place.

6) the last difficult step i had was bringing the chestplate down. In order for me to get the chestplate to stay down I had to push down the heatshield (the black skull piece that slides over the cockpit) first and once that slid down everything snapped into place.

Some other thoughts I'd like to share. The swing bar is very STURY, however, I felt that what the swing bar was attached to from the top to the bottom could be broken off if you swung the toy around during the transformation process.

I really believe that you need to have a 1/48 out on display to truely admire the toy....so if you can afford it buy one for display and the other in its box for safekeeping.

If I run into any other transformation issues or ideas I'll be sure to post.

Kids *sniff* they grow up so fast.... :lol:

I think minimum age for the 1/48 is something like 15. It's not hard to transform it but it needs patience and delicate movements what young kids are enable to achieve. The hardest step is when you put the head in battloid position with the long lasers. Especially if you had the "head problem" I had (see ** below).

I also didn't find the documentation and stickers under the hardpaper. I think we all said "crap they forgot the documentation - why me???????!!!!!!!!!!".

(**) My 1/48s reissue had a problem on the head. I had to turn the head screw to untight it a little. The head couldn't turn at all. So, maybe you have the same problem. My 1J didn't have that problem. Give it a try, at least it won't break anything.

The lasers are very fragile. It's obvious at the very first look at the toy when you have it in front of you.

I just gotten my first 1:48, which is a super VF-1J. I can bring the chestplate down but I cannot slide down the heatshield on top of the cockpit. Do I need to apply some force on the back of the heatshield to push it down?

I applied pressure on the cockpit cover (underneath the chestplate) and slid it down using my finger as it came down I used my other hand to keep bringing the cockpit cover down eventually I was able to bring the chestplate down and you should hear a snap as the cockpit is covered by the shield. I can't describe it any better than that.

The most difficult part of transforming the 1/48 is probably from battroid to gerwalk, where you had to coordinate everything at the chestplate area. Everything had to be in place, IE: the nosecone, the head and the swing bar/engines. I found it relatively hard to push everything in when transforming from battroid to gerwalk. But once you get all the positions of all the parts right, its quite easy with just one push and everything's in.

Gerwalk to battroid is easier, since you just have to apply pressure to the top of the cockpit (not on the cockpit itself), and everything comes loose.

Me again,

I just got around to ordering the fast packs for my 1/48 and have opted to change it back to fighter mode which I've suceeded in doing. I do have a problem though the arms seem to "hang down" and dont seem to stay in place. If I move the figher just a bit the arms just sink down. I've tried looking for some kind of tab to lock the arms into place but haven't found any. Any ideas orr is that just a fragile part of the toy and something I"ll have to live with?

smoekscreen is tons HARDER to transform. At first. evben afterwards the yamato is designed with such genius that it FLOWS quiter nicly. what the hell is wrong with you people this thing is not as dellicate nor as fragile as you think its a TOY! yes i have one! all my models are broke but this TOY stands quite well and i got big huge hands! that dont always follow what my mind tells them to do! transformation to me is down to almost 2 minutes. Dont force anything and study it thoroughtly. hell i transformed it fwithout looking at instructions first tiome i opoened it. sure it aitn a breeze like a 1/55 but its still a breeze nonetheles. Dont vbe afraid...ENJOY it! while u let him rot in dust he begsyou to play with him! BTW for compariosn the MPC is a LOT LOOSER. Sio the 1/48 is mega spliod and the leg ratchets are on par with the bandai 1/.55