I'm ... cautiously excited for this, just to see where they go with it.  I'm definitely seeing bits of Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo, and Kill La Kill in there.  They're cycling it through several studios, so it's going to have bits and pieces from all over the anime landscape.

Is this for real? I had read a smaller Slave I LEGO set was recently labeled as "Boba Fett's Ship", I figured that was just because it's a kid's toy line, but this seems like an actual name change is coming.

https://www.ign.com/articles/boba-fett-slave-1-firespray-ship-new-name

Not that I care all that much but this seems pretty unnecessary, is this because of the upcoming Book of Boba series? Is he fully transitioning to anti-hero so Disney wants to make him less, I don't know, vulgar or villainous? The Firespray is an odd title, it's like calling the Millennium Falcon The Corellian Light Freighter. 

Not sure why he is getting labeled as a "good guy".  He basically seems to have his own "code" he lives by, which is essentially self-serving.  During the final few episodes of The Mandalorian, he essentially helped Din as a way to "pay back" his debt to him...once he thought that was paid in full, he cut loose....he did not stick around for any "good deed" OT...I think the problem is that we knew very little of him based off the films and what we did know of him placed him in the "bad guy" side of the Star Wars Galaxy...most casual fans probably know little of his character from the Clone Wars TV or his EU backstories...so the new backstory we have of him from The Mandalorian is, if anything, simply making his character a little more "grey" than just a pure "bad guy"......Maybe they'll kill him off for good by the end of his show.... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I heard that story a couple weeks ago, so I’m assuming it’s true. I guess it had to do with the word slave. It probably wouldn’t have been an issue if he wasn’t going to be a main character, but I guess it is now.

Agreed, I mean I get it, he's a main character now but it seems a bit silly, it's just a word, there's never been any kind of implication or ill intent. I guess overall it's not a great word to think of as cool when it comes to a main character's ship, someone we'll probably end up seeing as a bit of a hero by the end of the season.

34 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

so the new backstory we have of him from The Mandalorian is, if anything, simply making his character a little more "grey" than just a pure "bad guy"......Maybe they'll kill him off for good by the end of his show.... :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm thinking there will be a story reason, he'll shift from blatant bad guy that had questionable allegiances on Mandalorian to grey area anti-hero. Unfortunately then I'll feel he'll just kind of be Din without the code, we'll have to see, Disney canon hasn't done much with Boba compared to all the old EU "legends" stuff out there.

Edited by Tking22

13 hours ago, Big s said:

The movies are kinda lost,

That's a damning indictment of Disney's handling of the franchise. Star Wars was THE movie experience.

I've been a huge fan ever since first seeing Star Wars A New Hope on the big screen as a 4 year old, but Disney has all but killed my fanthusiasm with those horrible sequels.

Edited by Podtastic

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I wonder what Dave Filoni thinks about this? Or is he more concerned about keeping his job? Sad times we live in.

I think he’s overuled by the Disney execs and Kennedy. The best he can do is dance around it and avoid the issue. 

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Final episode of The Book of Boba Fett will feature a dance-off with Starlord, thus bringing together the Star Wars and Marvel universes........and then we shall have peace.......:crazy:

That video will always be cool.

Here's the 10 hour version.

24 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That video will always be cool.

Here's the 10 hour version.

But when his drinking and lusting
And his hunger for power
Became known to more and more people
The demands to do something
About this outrageous man
Became louder and louder

Seriously......that sounds like a credible synopsis to The Book of Boba Fett! :lol:

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Season 3 will be the final season of The Mandalorian.

Looking forward to it....I guess the show's original premise has run it's course...the characters introduced in The Mandalorian will probably continue to drop in on the new shows of Ahsoka, etc.

They are trying to build up to something...Marvel-style........just hope it's not just SW Episode 9........LOL

12 hours ago, Big s said:

After the third season, there’s not gonna be much star wars for me to look forward to. I’m still not sold on the mid life crisis obi show, boba may only be a single season and I’m not a big fan of the chauffeur for K2S0

I'll watch it but that's only because there isn't much else on Disney+ that is new.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished watching the rest of the episodes...the best ones featured sith or sith-like characters....really liked The Elder and Akakiri...Lop & Ocho was not bad, but sort of was left hanging at the end...wonder if some of these episodes may continue their stories on a season 2...

The series was worth the watch...I was glad they released them all at once...as most were pretty short

17 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

The animation is good but their stories were mostly unoriginal and meh. Needs some Filoni magic to fix that 😀

yeah....the episodes seemed to flat-out copy many of the themes from the existing Star Wars films, which Star Wars itself has done with all of its Japanese film influences....guess it has now come full circle

It was still fun...and if you already have D+....may as well watch it

30 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

yeah....the episodes seemed to flat-out copy many of the themes from the existing Star Wars films, which Star Wars itself has done with all of its Japanese film influences....guess it has now come full circle

It was still fun...and if you already have D+....may as well watch it

I was hoping the series would have 30-45 minute episodes and not a bunch of shorts.