12 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Seriously no interest in Andor. He was barely interesting in Rogue One. 

I didn’t really like most of those characters. They were mostly boring, with the exception of k2so. As long as he’s there to keep the show from being a boring snooze, I’ll watch it 

5 hours ago, pablumatic said:

Were there any fans wanting more Rogue One character stories? I always thought the movie only did as well as it did due to Disney striking when the iron was hot for Star Wars movies.

It was the best of the Disney Star Wars movies so far.  I still am not clamoring to see more of the characters from it though.

44 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

It was the best of the Disney Star Wars movies so far.

All due credit to Gareth Edwards.  Dude's managed to make the only good Star Wars film AND the only good Godzilla movie in the last four decades. :hi:

On 3/15/2022 at 3:43 AM, no3Ljm said:

Blech.  So Filoni cut an awesome character for one of his own creations?  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  I hate Creator's Pets, which is why I refuse to acknowledge Grand Admiral Thrawn in anything other the Heir to the Empire trilogy.

I haven't seen Clone Wars or Rebels or Wzhhkaohokcokk.  I don't care to see characters from that.  I don't have the wow factor.

Well, they really nailed the last time Obi and Maul met in Rebels.  Gonna be damn near impossible to improve that scene.

Thrawn in Rebels was a character to be feared and respected.  Thought they really understood and “got” his character right, every time he was onscreen.

5 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

So Filoni cut an awesome character for one of his own creations?

No, dude, it's not like that at all.  Filoni elevated Darth Maul to a principal character by the end of Clone Wars, and bent over backwards to squeeze him into Rebels as well.

4 hours ago, Mog said:

Well, they really nailed the last time Obi and Maul met in Rebels.  Gonna be damn near impossible to improve that scene.

Which is why Favreau and Filoni knew to leave well enough alone. ^_^

I refuse to acknowledge Grand Admiral Thrawn in anything other the Heir to the Empire trilogy.

Oh sure, 'cause it makes a lot more sense to keep bringing back the guy who got cut in half🙄

I haven't seen Clone Wars or Rebels or Wzhhkaohokcokk.

Apparently you've skipped all the good Star Wars content over the last two decades. <_<

Did you see The Last Jedi?  Solo: A Star Wars Story?  The Book of Boba Fett, perhaps?

Sucker. 😝

On 3/17/2022 at 2:25 AM, TangledThorns said:

Seriously no interest in Andor. He was barely interesting in Rogue One. 

As long as there are classic Imperial Stormtroopers, Tie Pilots and such I'll be interested.

Andor himself will be the same as Hikaru in Macross to me. An expendable extra.

Edited by Podtastic

The two guys from Jedha (Chirrut and Baze) were interesting enough.  Blind booty-kicker and disillusioned believer with a big honkin’ gun.

Rogue One checked a lot of boxes for me.  I’m willing to concede that the whole Blockade Runner escaping mere moments before Vader gets to them is stretching it a bit.  But that whole infiltration and final battle worked for me.

Plus, a bunch of Star Wars has been about daddy issues. . . . . so, Rogue One fits the mold! 😁

Rogue One was actually pretty good from my POV.  TFA was in general ok, and I would say Rogue One was basically the highwater mark for the Disney stewardship of the cinematic star wars universe.  It all went down hill from there.  Solo wasn't that awful, but then they brought on TLJ and whatever that last movie was.  Sure it was a quantum improvement from TLJ, but as hard as it was going from 0 to 1; they are still a long way from 100... or even a 50.  And TLJ was more like a -30.

I guess my problem with Rogue one was that I really only remember three characters, with everyone else being completely forgettable. The main two were just extremely boring and I just didn’t care about them. The droid was cool. And there was the usual Star Wars eye candy. And some crusty dude that they went to rescue and he just basically said nah, I’m good here bro. And the were like hey we got a sip and you fits and he was still like nah I don’t need to live any more I’m just gonna go out like Clark kent’s Dad from man of steel.

21 hours ago, tekering said:

No, dude, it's not like that at all.  Filoni elevated Darth Maul to a principal character by the end of Clone Wars, and bent over backwards to squeeze him into Rebels as well.

🤔  I could be talked into your PoV for Maul, but I will stand firm on Ashoka as a Creator's Pet appearing in everything.  I haven't seen any of her appearances other than Mando S2, and that's quite enough for me. 

Apparently you've skipped all the good Star Wars content over the last two decades. <_<

So I'm told.  But I like Robotech, so my tastes are already suspect ^_^  I saw the first trailer for Rebels and it excited me... right up until I saw the kid pick up the lightsaber and do the classic pose.  That's when I had a good idea more or less how the show would pan out and I lost all interest.

Did you see The Last Jedi?

Yes, to my eternal regret.  They did Luke DIRTY in that film, though I will admit the "Mind Trick an entire planet of people from across the Galaxy" was a pretty cool Skywalker-y thing to do.

Solo: A Star Wars Story?

Yes, but in digital download so I skipped large portions of it.  I didn't enjoy it, though Donald Glover as Lando was perfect casting!

The Book of Boba Fett, perhaps?

Nope.  S2 of Mandalorian disappointed me so badly that I lost any interest in BoBF.  I really should give it a try, but I'm loathe to reactivate Disney+ for just one show.

21 hours ago, tekering said:

Sucker. 😝

See above "Robotech" statement.  I know where I stand 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...