On 2/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, TangledThorns said:

I think Disney should stop milking the Skywalker saga and move on to a new saga that takes place after or previously in KOTOR. The nostalgia is starting to wear off.

Yeah, Disney needs to partner with…. Or he’ll, just plain buy EA.  Then they have access to all of the BioWare content.  

did you see the new Old Republic trailer?  I’d watch a series following along Darth Malgus no question.  As long as they don’t have him see the light side or turn him into some whiner whose introspection made him see why his life was lived in the wrong way.

I loved the KOTOR games. Film would have been awesome. I'm not so sure now.  As far as new content, we will be getting the High Republic soon enough. So back to the Jedi Order .Hopefully before the Jedi became too full of themselves.  Expect a few familiar faces , such as Yoda and  Maz Kanata..

7 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Prequel CGI doesn't look very good these days.

And it's only gonna get worse, as we transition to a 4K standard.  They only rendered the graphics at 1080p resolution. 🙄

Frankly, though, it didn't look great even twenty years ago.  It's always been painfully obvious how limited ILM's motion capture software was; they clearly could only track subjects in constant motion, leading to a clone army that simply can't stand still.  The Clone Troopers are constantly shifting their weight and fidgeting like they've gotta pee or something. :unsure:

Of course, it's an extremely minor nitpick compared to the quality of the acting, the dialogue, the editing, the attempts at humour, and every other failing of the prequels... <_<

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Even if the story turns out bad, I'll give the show a thumbs up as long as I get those tunes with moving pictures.

Damn, agreed, seeing Ewan back is fantastic! I thought Book of Boba would win me over easy enough but that just wasn't the case, Obi-Wan though? Yes please. 

52 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

No cameos…. No attempt to bring in young Boba…  no Ashoka, no Rex, no clone force 99, and no baby Mando, those are the things that will ensure this series does well.  Ewan can make sure he continues to earn if he plays his cards right.  

Every single one of those things would ensure the opposite.