2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Loved the Episode so much. Pretty much agree with everything you guys have said too.

Hide contents

As soon as I saw that figure in the distance I was like oh shite no way…Cad Bane! Immediately sad too as I like Cobb Vanth. He may still be alive…I hope so. I liked seeing him again and would like him to continue.

Chris

SO MUCH THIS!!!! 

Great episode!  Ok many thoughts and impressions, but I'll just throw my 2 cents at a few points..

Spoiler

First off , stoked for more Din Djarin, Grogu AND Luke Skywalker. But wait.. More Asoka Tano ! This is the Star Wars i love ! 
So Cad Bane..! OMG ! And did anyone else see that silhouette and be like , oh hell ya  ! And as soon as he entered the picture, we're talking dead Marshal and idiot deputy. Poor saps didn't stand a chance  too bad, i liked the Marshal.

Lukes training with Grogu was great, very nostalgic. As much as I understand the attachment issue, concerning Jedi. I feel as if both Luke and Asoka are big fat hypocrites . As stated by others, it's obvious the old ways of the jedi were NOT in balance, concerning how to handle attachments . The all or nothing vibe is weak sauce folks. And the choice was indicative of this flawed ideology that Luke is perpetuating, though he broke the mold once upon a time. Geez..

So the big fat battle scene is coming, with Rancor riding Boba and the cyber patch kids. Though i just want to see the Mandalorian and Krrsantan kick a$$. Undoubtedly the town folk will now get involved, since their beloved Marshal is dead(?)

I very much enjoyed the pacing of this episode, i felt there was a healthier balance to and fro. And I'm liking the Naboo fighter more and more.

I suspect there’s more to that flashback than what we saw.  Wouldn’t be surprised if Grogu already went a little dark side.  There is precedent.

However, I like what another person proposed instead:  what if Luke is testing Grogu?  To see if he has the proper balance regarding attachments?  Like Grogu does miss Mando, but he knows that it’s important to continue his training.  So, in the end Luke imparts a bit of wisdom AND let’s him keep the chainmail and the saber.

I can see being wary of teaching an impulsive student. The fact does remain that straddling the line is still dangerous. Through out only Ventress & Ray (despite their alliegences) have successfully crossed between light & dark because of their zero cares for sides.

Uh…. Am I still watching Boba Fett?  Cause the dude is becoming a refugee in his own show.

What happened to the bad ass that was feared throughout the galaxy.  First he has to get rescued, now he is more or less absent for this episode.  Just odd.  I guess this must be more galaxy building… may be Boba is going to be a regular in the Mando show.

1 hour ago, kalvasflam said:

Uh…. Am I still watching Boba Fett?  Cause the dude is becoming a refugee in his own show.

What happened to the bad ass that was feared throughout the galaxy.  First he has to get rescued, now he is more or less absent for this episode.  Just odd.  I guess this must be more galaxy building… may be Boba is going to be a regular in the Mando show.

Who cares? We got

Spoiler

CAD-FREAKIN'-BANE!

Edited by Keith

I believe

Spoiler

Cob Vanth is still alive, it looked like he was hit in the shoulder. Also, I think he can take Cad. You guys notice that he really wanted everyone, including his deputy inside, yes for their safety but also so he wouldn’t be distracted. If you watch the fight again you’ll see just before the draw they clearly show Cobb distractedly looking at his deputy thus making him late on the draw. Maybe this can be the set up for a new Rangers of the Republic type show with Cobb and Cad as the primary protagonist and Antagonist.

Chris

Stupid question.  In the previous episode they established that the New Republic's X-Wings patrol Tatoonie's orbit and not to mention the Mandalorian knows how to contact Luke.

Why don't they ask them for help?

If the Republic got patrols there it means they must consider Tatoonie part of their turf.  Boba just has to say he's a concerned private citizen leading a community watch and would like the Republic's aide.  A crime boss asking them for help seems weak but they've already established him as a pansy in this show.  As for Luke he doesn't know the Boba gone soft.  Do you want spend the rest of your life knowing there's a ruthless killer on the loose with a grudge against you and your family?  Aiding Boba in this can really help mend things.

32 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Stupid question.  In the previous episode they established that the New Republic's X-Wings patrol Tatoonie's orbit and not to mention the Mandalorian knows how to contact Luke.

Why don't they ask them for help?

If the Republic got patrols there it means they must consider Tatoonie part of their turf.  Boba just has to say he's a concerned private citizen leading a community watch and would like the Republic's aide.  A crime boss asking them for help seems weak but they've already established him as a pansy in this show.  As for Luke he doesn't know the Boba gone soft.  Do you want spend the rest of your life knowing there's a ruthless killer on the loose with a grudge against you and your family?  Aiding Boba in this can really help mend things.

Even though he's trying to do it bloofless  Boba Fett is still running a syndicate. Running to the local authorities is the right way to make sure no one ever does business with him. Beside's, if the Republic was capablr of taking down the Pike's, they would be gone already. I'm not sure how far their expanse was under The Empire, but with Crimson Dawn seemingly gone & The Hutts dropping, they don't seem to have much competition.

I would add that even though the Republic has X-Wings patrolling here and there in the outer rim. I think they have even less of a grip on Tatooine than the Empire there, when there was a garrison of Storm troopers stationed there. And even then , Tatooine ( and the outer rim) was pretty lawless.

5 hours ago, Dobber said:

I believe

Reveal hidden contents

Cob Vanth is still alive, it looked like he was hit in the shoulder. Also, I think he can take Cad. You guys notice that he really wanted everyone, including his deputy inside, yes for their safety but also so he wouldn’t be distracted. If you watch the fight again you’ll see just before the draw they clearly show Cobb distractedly looking at his deputy thus making him late on the draw. Maybe this can be the set up for a new Rangers of the Republic type show with Cobb and Cad as the primary protagonist and Antagonist.

Chris

I think you're right on that first part.  Or maybe I'm just being hopeful.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, Roy Focker said:

Poor Kylo.   Han and Leia dropped the poor trouble kid off with Luke saying, "We can't handle him."  First thing Uncle Luke tells Kylo is "Forget your parents you're never going to see them again".  Wow no wonder he turned out just like Gramps.    

I'm always amazed that there people who dont utterly disregard the sequels. Its like finding someone who doesnt disregard aliens 3 and aliens resurrection.

Edited by Podtastic

16 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

I'm always amazed that there people who dont utterly disregard the sequels. Its like finding someone who doesnt disregard aliens 3 and aliens resurrection.

I was hoping the shows were going to “low key” ignore the sequels and just do their own thing without overtly saying so….but this past episode, unfortunately, kind of set the stage for them.

Chris

Regarding the X-Wings and Cobb Vanth...

Spoiler

The New Republic's jurisdiction likely ends at planet-side after Palpatine dissolved the Senate and handed control over to regional governments. After that, local authorities take over. After how many centuries (who knows how many under Hutt-control), I doubt any Tatooine authorities want anything to do with any 'Republic or 'Empire. Local authorities will probably says "Thanks. But no thanks."

Vanth is likely alive, but he ain't fightin'. Period. And that's the point Cad Bane made to him and the citizenry. The deputy on the other hand...that message was clearer.

And yes, why would they call the New Republic? That's asking the police to step into a gang-land dispute. The cops are more inclined to let the 2 sides kill each other then arrest the ones who come out on top.

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

I was hoping the shows were going to “low key” ignore the sequels and just do their own thing without overtly saying so….but this past episode, unfortunately, kind of set the stage for them.

Chris

Didn't Disney theme their Star Wars Land at their parks around the sequels they made? I think they're going to remain pretty invested in that storyline even if they know people hate it.

Edited by pablumatic

2 hours ago, pablumatic said:

Didn't Disney theme their Star Wars Land at their parks around the sequels they made? I think they're going to remain pretty invested in that storyline even if they know people hate it.

I have no idea. But mouse ears is only invested (at this point) in the new trilogy story line for the sake of things like existing toy lines and theme parks, IMO. As far as adding new content and original stories, the new Sequels are dead. A wall at the end of a lost alley. 
And while they entertain us with post ROTJ and Post ROTS content, get ready for the high republic stories to drop. Probably movies and tv series. The comics are already out. They're not bad. 

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

Unfortunately the sequels are canon.

Canon shmanon I always say.😈

Whenever I watch the ST The Undiscovered Country I can just picture myself on trial with Spock and Mc Coy. And Klingon Christopher Plumber shouting "...who disregarded canon whenever it suited him!!"😤

Edited by Podtastic

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Bad batch cameo would be cool. 

At this point in continuity, clones (due to their accelerated growth) would appear to be in their 80's.

You really want them to put Temuera Morrison in old-age makeup? :unsure:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

At this point in continuity, clones (due to their accelerated growth) would appear to be in their 80's.

You really want them to put Temuera Morrison in old-age makeup? :unsure:

Is that official that Clones continued the excellerated growth? I always thought the excelleration was to maturity and then returned to a more or less normal rate . I know everyone keeps saying so and not saying they are wrong just curious if that was officially stated somewhere or if people are just making the assumption.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

34 minutes ago, Big s said:

There’s not much for me to add here, as said by most the last couple episodes have been really good, just weird that they had the least amount of Boba Fett

I've seen it theorized that the last two episodes of The Book of Boba Fett were redressed Mandalorian season 3 episodes because the actual Fett show is pretty bad. Makes sense to me. 

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Is that official that Clones continued the excellerated growth? I always thought the excelleration was to maturity and then returned to a more or less normal rate . I know everyone keeps saying so and not saying they are wrong just curious if that was officially stated somewhere or if people are just making the assumption.

No, that's definitely canon.  That's why the clones were so quickly phased out by the Empire, in favor of conscripted soldiers (that aged at a normal rate).

Remember how all the clones looked in Rebels?

473694815_ScreenShot2022-02-05at12_02_45AM.png.57aed3c11791ef6fdcf7d7de9600338e.png

844532611_ScreenShot2022-02-05at12_02_10AM.png.837c9dbec2ec94bbe2fd70b37a787c07.png

That was 4BBY, eighteen years after Attack of the Clones... and as you can see, they've aged nearly four decades.

The Book of Boba Fett is set a further 14 years after Rebels.  They'd be feeble geriatrics by then.

38 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The Bad Batch is a "bad batch" of clones...I'm guessing the "rules" concerning standard clones don't apply...

Nonetheless, they clearly aged at the same rate as all the other clones, including the frequently-seen Rex (as opposed to the adolescent Omega, the unaltered clone who ages at a normal rate).

The only Bad Batch cameo we're likely to see is Omega herself, since she'd only be in her early forties.

3 hours ago, pablumatic said:

I've seen it theorized that the last two episodes of The Book of Boba Fett were redressed Mandalorian season 3 episodes because the actual Fett show is pretty bad. Makes sense to me. 

Actually, think of it as The Mandalorian season 2.5.
https://collider.com/the-mandalorian-season-3-the-book-of-boba-fett-production-filming/

I'm sure they wanted to film Season 3 as soon as Boba Fett was done, that didn't happen since Obi-Wan booked the same filming lot after Boba Fett and Pascal had to go film Last of Us around the same time Obi-Wan was filming. 

15 hours ago, tekering said:

The only Bad Batch cameo we're likely to see is Omega herself, since she'd only be in her early forties.

Oh no, you named She who shall not be named....

As for Rex and the other clones, remember, Rex was at Endor, he looked ok, and this part of history isn't taking place 20 years after the Endor.  What did they say.. about ten years may be?

Like I said, Boba is a guest star in his own show, it's kind of sad.  TGIF.

15 hours ago, pablumatic said:

Makes sense to me.

Doesnt make any sense to me. The show's producers decide after the release of 4 episodes that their work is so bad they cant fix it and the only option is to repurpose episodes from another show?

I think rather that the interweaving of the shows is the usual cross-over tactic planned to get you watching both.

15 hours ago, tekering said:

That was 4BBY, eighteen years after Attack of the Clones... and as you can see, they've aged nearly four decades.

The Book of Boba Fett is set a further 14 years after Rebels.  They'd be feeble geriatrics by then.

What's really bizarre is that it wasnt just the clones who aged decades. Look at Kenobi, thats not a 20 year age difference between ROTS and ANH.

And the galaxy itself.

Back in the seventies no-one dreamt the Star Wars galaxy had only been under the Empire for a mere 20 years. It had that lived in look. It was astonishing to learn that the mighty Empire was a mere sneeze in galactic history.

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I think rather that the interweaving of the shows is the usual cross-over tactic planned to get you watching both.

That certainly seems more likely... but I can't believe there's only one episode left!  They've left a lot of ground to cover in Chapter 7.

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Look at Kenobi, thats not a 20 year age difference between ROTS and ANH.

You're right.  Sir Alec Guinness was 62 when Star Wars was shot; Ewan McGregor was only 34 when Revenge of the Sith was shot. ;)

365619114_ScreenShot2022-02-05at7_13_37PM.png.bdac69a1118f4208255e730c1901426e.png

Of course, the harsh arid climate of Tatooine is murder on the skin...

Living two decades in the Jundland Wastes definitely takes its toll. 😣

492795634_ScreenShot2022-02-05at7_13_08PM.png.733ccea8a8fcf49ae88f6e510ee95ae1.png

None of this, however, can even begin to explain why 41-year old Boba Fett is being played by 61-year old Temuera Morrison. <_<