So I guess it's official Slave I is being phased out? Boba referred to his ship as Firespray right? That's like Han calling the Falcon "Corellian Light Freighter", Not the biggest deal with this show though, I'm entertained but it's beyond middling, and really dumb at times, Boba comes off as a bit of an idiot most of the time.

I still really don't think his revival and this entire show are justified yet, I feel The Mandalorian already used up a lot of what could've made up the story of this show, a mostly  helmeted, lightly speaking badass in Mando armor, making his way in the galaxy like his father before him...

I definitely enjoyed episode 4. I see a theme. The episodes that are mostly flashback are better, lol. 

Spoiler

The Cyber Punk vibe is still way out of place, but I'll allow it for myself, a long time ago in a Galaxy far , far away. It does make sense how Fennic survived from the Mandalorian series.

Yes, the Firespray remark had me frowning over that . With such an obvious attachment to Slave 1 , he can't call it by name ? Rather by type ? Lame, watered down Disney crap. 

Now with Krrsantan joining his ranks, Boba is getting some serious heavies on his side. And Fennec's last comment , as the episode ends, about knowing where to get hired muscle ... looks like Din Djarin will be making an appearance. The music at the end, as soon as she made that comment, gives it away. 

All in all, I'm looking forward to more. 
Oh ya, Fennec called him out- " staying with the sand people made you soft."

True dat ! 
Nevertheless , as long as it's not too lame, we should allow Boba to evolve.

PS : even the mainstream thinks mouse ears has blown it..

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jan/19/boba-fett-is-dead-how-disney-ruined-star-wars-coolest-character

Edited by Bolt

OK episode. Best flashback episode...but I guess that means we're caught up to the present so no more flashbacks.

So far, it's not the best show. It's been OK. Not good, but not bad. Just OK.

Spoiler

So I'm guessing the theme here is also the Great Resignation. A bunch of people seem to be "changing jobs" in this show.

Probably nice that Djarin will be showing up to lend some muscle.

I agree with @Roy Focker this episode would’ve made a better first episode. MY edit/view order would be this:

Episode 4 first. Then add the Sarlaac escape to the beginning of episode 2 and let episode 2 play out more or less as it did with some minors changes….like cutting the twins and Black Krasanntin segment (his sequence in episode 4 is a far better intro to the character) and add in a new intro to him getting a Rancor…maybe just have him purchase one on his own, but let the rest of the Rancor stuff stay the same.  Next Eliminate Episode 3 and continue on with whatever is coming next. 

Chris

I get it! Disappointed I didn’t make the connection when I watched the episode myself lol.

@Bolt in episode 4, when they are sneaking into the Palace to get Slave 1. The chef droid in the kitchen comes at Boba with knives and cleavers like Grievous did to Kenobi in RotS.

Chris

1 minute ago, Dobber said:

I get it! Disappointed I didn’t make the connection when I watched the episode myself lol.

@Bolt in episode 4, when they are sneaking into the Palace to get Slave 1. The chef droid in the kitchen comes at Boba with knives and cleavers like Grievous did to Kenobi in RotS.

Chris

Lol. Right ! Thanks man. Although a grievous attack chef droid would have been waaaay cooler ! 😁

Yeah, the article pretty much hits the nail on the head.

The other issue, that I’ve mentioned before, is that the show is stuck in one place.  Yeah, you have different locations in Tatooine, but the show’s stuck on this one planet.

Haha, without saying it, the article is basically criticizing Disney for make up Woke Boba…. 

the kinder, gentler Boba who uses diplomacy to be CEO Boba, instead of slaughtering his ways through his enemies.  And using his rocket packet only when absolutely necessary.

Feels like I am watching JL Picard.  Book of Boba could have been about the things that made him so feared, the history of Boba pre Sarlacc.  But…. Let’s ruin him by turning him decent, it would be like how the writers today might retcon a stand alone Darth Vader series and not make him a total a-hole after blowing through the Jedi temple, all the while moaning Padme in his head.

Well, there is a truth to the fact that Boba does need to learn, for example, the tactical acumen involved in advancing against a light saber wielding nutjob vs discreetly and quietly running away or perhaps just staying in the background and taking potshots. 

It's as if he forgot one of the earlier lesson of his life when he saw someone quite similar in capability to him getting his head chopped off.  Or the fact that he isn't a loyal employee, but a contractor for hire.  If that's what you mean by learning, I completely agree. 

But aside from charging mindlessly into battle at close range against a Jedi, what other thing did he do that led him straight into the Sarlacc pit in the first place?  

And if you think he has "learned" from his previous experience, one  could easily claim that he didn't learn anything from his re-encounter with the same Sarlacc, and has in fact regressed backwards.   TGIF... Thank Goodness It's Fennec for bailing his sad ass out of that jam.  And his word of gratitude was what exactly... oh right, "don't touch my button."

Boba carried a scoped blaster rifle.  Even a Jedi like Luke can get distracted in battle.  Fett almost had him before a wild swing from Han struck his Jetpack.  If he only sniped Luke from the deck of the sail barge this whole would have been over.  Instead Boba jetpacks over to fight a Jedi within reach of light saber. 

I used to think Boba had all these great adventures before his demise.  Where he outsmarted and out fought all of his targets.  Now I think Jango died before completing his training.  Young Boba most found Jabba's name in Jango's address book and got hired on spot.  He's been there for decades.   Absolutely horrible at his job.  Jango's armor kept him alive.  Jabba knew he had a rookie but saw value in having Mandalorian on the pay role.  Thought of a Mandalorian being sent after you has to keep most smugglers from trying to double cross Jabba.  That whole line from Vader saying no disintegrations wasn't a comment on his killer reputation but on his cowardness.  Fett over kills because he's afraid.   He was going to shoot Chewie before Vader stopped him.  Vader needed them alive for his trap to work.  If Chewie was killed Han and Leia would have fought to the death.  Boba wasn't thinking about the plan. He was acting on fear. 

In the Book of Boba Fett he tells Fennec that he needs his armor and ship for his plans to succeed.  He also wants her on his team because he needs someone with brains and brawn.  She has both.  Fett is at least smart enough to know he's neither.  He does know that his armor and rep is enough to create the right appearance.  Fett gotten his ass kicked nearly every fight in this show so far or he talked his way out of it.  He hasn't grown past the need for violence he's just afraid of being exposed as a fraud.

Didn't he out smart Han by following him to Bespin?   Han not the smart either.  Fett tagged along other more competent Hunters long enough to pick up a few tricks that Smugglers like Han try to pull.

He tried to fight Luke up close.  Would a coward do that?  If he was flirting with the Special Edition Dancers earlier that day he would.   His secret was only known to Jabba.  Everyone was expecting him to be a badass that day.  The fear being exposed as a fraud was too much.  After losing that fight he became even more cautious.

Fett looked pretty bad ass fighting those Stormtroopers in season 2 of the Mandalorian?  Don't they share the same DNA?  All of them bumping their heads.  Stormtrooper armor limits visibility and mobility.   Stormtroopers are trained to fight against modern combatants.   Ewoks bested them because of the weren't trained against primitive tactics.  Just like they had no training against Tusken Raider stick fighting.  Once Fett got his armor the odds were against the Stormtroopers.  Even a fraud can seem to kickass when fighting alongside 2 real bad asses.   Mando and Fennec are like Hikaru and Max.  They keep the dead weight alive (most of the time).

He'll have his chance to proven himself real soon, but we all know that he's going to spend most of the finale riding the Rancor. He just has to hold on and let it do all the work.  Fennec really should really be in charge.  Fett needs to learn that he's just a figurehead.  Dude is so caught up in his legend he's going to get them all killed.  At least that my opinion of the character after watching this series so far.  I hope the finale ends with Fennec saving his ass and slapping him.  She should remind him that he's just a puppet.  An ending like that would really upset the fanboys but would make so much sense after all of his cowardly and dumb actions.  It would really subvert those expectations.

55 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Fett looked pretty bad ass fighting those Stormtroopers in season 2 of the Mandalorian? 

I was just thinking the same thing. I hope , now that he's fully healed, his full fighting prowess comes back online. But , as of this point, there aren't any clones left fighting for the empire. So there's no DNA between them that I'm aware of. 

58 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

He'll have his chance to proven himself real soon, but we all know that he's going to spend most of the finale riding the Rancor.

Yep. There's obviously a war now brewing, so he'll pull Din Djarin and who knows, maybe a few other mandos we've seen before. And yes, he will be posing on that rancor, for the camera.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Boba carried a scoped blaster rifle.  Even a Jedi like Luke can get distracted in battle.  Fett almost had him before a wild swing from Han struck his Jetpack.  If he only sniped Luke from the deck of the sail barge this whole would have been over.

You know he was still trying to capture Luke not kill him outright per Vader's bounty right?

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Boba carried a scoped blaster rifle.  Even a Jedi like Luke can get distracted in battle.  Fett almost had him before a wild swing from Han struck his Jetpack.  If he only sniped Luke from the deck of the sail barge this whole would have been over.  Instead Boba jetpacks over to fight a Jedi within reach of light saber. 

I used to think Boba had all these great adventures before his demise.  Where he outsmarted and out fought all of his targets.  Now I think Jango died before completing his training.  Young Boba most found Jabba's name in Jango's address book and got hired on spot.  He's been there for decades.   Absolutely horrible at his job.  Jango's armor kept him alive.  Jabba knew he had a rookie but saw value in having Mandalorian on the pay role.  Thought of a Mandalorian being sent after you has to keep most smugglers from trying to double cross Jabba.  That whole line from Vader saying no disintegrations wasn't a comment on his killer reputation but on his cowardness.  Fett over kills because he's afraid.   He was going to shoot Chewie before Vader stopped him.  Vader needed them alive for his trap to work.  If Chewie was killed Han and Leia would have fought to the death.  Boba wasn't thinking about the plan. He was acting on fear. 

In the Book of Boba Fett he tells Fennec that he needs his armor and ship for his plans to succeed.  He also wants her on his team because he needs someone with brains and brawn.  She has both.  Fett is at least smart enough to know he's neither.  He does know that his armor and rep is enough to create the right appearance.  Fett gotten his ass kicked nearly every fight in this show so far or he talked his way out of it.  He hasn't grown past the need for violence he's just afraid of being exposed as a fraud.

Didn't he out smart Han by following him to Bespin?   Han not the smart either.  Fett tagged along other more competent Hunters long enough to pick up a few tricks that Smugglers like Han try to pull.

He tried to fight Luke up close.  Would a coward do that?  If he was flirting with the Special Edition Dancers earlier that day he would.   His secret was only known to Jabba.  Everyone was expecting him to be a badass that day.  The fear being exposed as a fraud was too much.  After losing that fight he became even more cautious.

Fett looked pretty bad ass fighting those Stormtroopers in season 2 of the Mandalorian?  Don't they share the same DNA?  All of them bumping their heads.  Stormtrooper armor limits visibility and mobility.   Stormtroopers are trained to fight against modern combatants.   Ewoks bested them because of the weren't trained against primitive tactics.  Just like they had no training against Tusken Raider stick fighting.  Once Fett got his armor the odds were against the Stormtroopers.  Even a fraud can seem to kickass when fighting alongside 2 real bad asses.   Mando and Fennec are like Hikaru and Max.  They keep the dead weight alive (most of the time).

He'll have his chance to proven himself real soon, but we all know that he's going to spend most of the finale riding the Rancor. He just has to hold on and let it do all the work.  Fennec really should really be in charge.  Fett needs to learn that he's just a figurehead.  Dude is so caught up in his legend he's going to get them all killed.  At least that my opinion of the character after watching this series so far.  I hope the finale ends with Fennec saving his ass and slapping him.  She should remind him that he's just a puppet.  An ending like that would really upset the fanboys but would make so much sense after all of his cowardly and dumb actions.  It would really subvert those expectations.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at all of this.

Sure Fett underestimated Luke, who no-one actually believed was a Jedi.

However the man dared to speak up to Vader and wasnt immediately killed. Nor was he even threatened with dire doom. Instead Vader reassured him. Clearly Vader respected him, and Vader wasnt a fool. 

Logically the Galaxy has to be full of bounty hunters but Vader personally instructed a small handful on the bridge of the Executor. I'd say those were the best of the best.

Edited by Podtastic

Is it bad that I enjoyed this ep so much more, and we had no Boba?

As cool as the hot rodding was, I still want “him” to get another

Spoiler

Razor Crest.  Just fits his personality and profession so much better. (And I need an excuse for the Razor Crest I’ll be getting [hopefully] soon!)

And just once, I wanna hear New Republic Pilot Appa say, “Okay, see you!”

Not a bad first episode for season 3 of the Mandalorian.  Problem is this is episode 5 of The Book of Boba Fett.  I enjoyed it because we got an episode from a different show.  That doesn't say much for your show when people are thrilled to get an episode that doesn't feature one your main characters or the main plot.  This wasn't even a good episode of the Mandalorian.  It was pretty average and still was better.

Ya know...

Spoiler

Mando needs a better ship than a starfighter. Something bigger, especially if he's going to continue bounty hunting. Some bounties might not fit in that droid socket.

And I guess the running gag with Mando is he keeps running into the cops.

Maybe it's me, but I prefer Mando with the spear. I liked the spear. The spear was cool. How often do we get to see spear fighting on screen? Swords are flashy but come on...give us some spear combat. Change it up a bit.

And I guess we know what Season 3 of The Mandalorian will be about.

Fennec Shand just gave you a scowl. 😜

I would have enjoyed this as a Mando ep, much more so than an “average” ep.

Flashbacks to Mandalore’s Night of a 1000 Tears.  A bunch of interesting cameos.  Hot rodding and tons of callbacks to lore, including Mando lore (pun intended).

But yeah, the way he handled that bounty and his associates/employees made me go, “That’s how Boba should be acting!”

8 minutes ago, azrael said:

Ya know...

Hide contents

Mando needs a better ship than a starfighter. Something bigger, especially if he's going to continue bounty hunting. Some bounties might not fit in that droid socket.

And I guess the running gag with Mando is he keeps running into the cops.

Maybe it's me, but I prefer Mando with the spear. I liked the spear. The spear was cool. How often do we get to see spear fighting on screen? Swords are flashy but come on...give us some spear combat. Change it up a bit.

And I guess we know what Season 3 of The Mandalorian will be about.

Spoiler

If Mando’s going all Highlander on his bounties, he doesn’t exactly need much storage space.  :D

Besides, we all know that droid socket is gonna be Grogu’s seat.

I am gonna miss the spear too (dammit, I made a spear for RC Mando for nothing?!).  

But their in-story excuse, urm, “reason” doesn’t contradict what’s been shown before.  Besides, I guess they figured him having a jet pack, the Whistling Birds, a flame thrower, bombs, rope, a handgun, the Darksaber, plot armor, AND the beskar spear would have made him too OP. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

If Mando’s going all Highlander on his bounties, he doesn’t exactly need much storage space.  :D

That depends if the specifics call for warm or cold...

7 minutes ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

But their in-story excuse, urm, “reason” doesn’t contradict what’s been shown before.  Besides, I guess they figured him having a jet pack, the Whistling Birds, a flame thrower, bombs, rope, a handgun, the Darksaber, plot armor, AND the beskar spear would have made him too OP. :rolleyes:

I see someone paused that scene...But you forgot the...

Spoiler

knife.

Spoiler alert..

Great episode. Though obviously more of a Mandalorian episode. I loved seeing more of Din Djarin . BUT.. some pet peeves. Obviously the Mandalorians are divided , in more ways than one, across the Galaxy.  The particular sect associated win Din are annoying. Some of their "ways" don't jive with me. But whatever, they certainly aren't the first or only Mando's to be as such. 
On another note. Talk about cameos.! 
The day of a thousand tears looked like a scene from a terminator movie. The Naboo star fighter is more than likely from TPM . I preferred the Razor Crest, but a Naboo Fighter is cool. And it's a screamer OMG !! And  I'm curious to know how R5 ended up with Pelli Moto. Maybe from Obi-Wan..And the cryogenic density combustion booster the Jawas produced, is right out of the trash compactor in ANH. Lol. (Not as long maybe) . And it looks like we'll be getting more Grogu in the Mandalorian..

All in all I enjoyed it.