I think most this season is going to be in flashbacks.   Going to predict the conclusion right now.  Boba has been totally reformed and his attempt to take over Jabba's empire is to draw out all the criminal element so he can defeat them all at once bringing peace to the moisture farmers and sand people.  If it is a one season and done series the last episode will have Fett giving it all up to live among the sand people for the rest of his life.  I wish his change from villain to hero was more convincing.  His change so far seems more like a case of Stockholm syndrome.   

Why are Luke's friends still breathing?   Think about it Luke destroyed the Deathstar.  The Empire would have done everything they could to learn about him.  Including discovering all of his associates and activities on Tatooine.  

7 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Why are Luke's friends still breathing?   Think about it Luke destroyed the Deathstar.  The Empire would have done everything they could to learn about him.  Including discovering all of his associates and activities on Tatooine.  

For years, Vader never bothered to return to Tatooine to "interrogate" his step-siblings and perhaps "sense" some things either......

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see the emperor return....or the latest corporal vessel containing his evil entity....

I think that is the biggest hurdle for Star Wars......to come up with the next baddie that was as good as Emperor Palpatine, without being just another Emperor Palpatine rehash/fallen Jedi acting up storyline...

For now, Star Wars is riding high on nostalgia and keeping us all entertained in shows taking place in the era which many Star Wars fans actually care about...but I have said it before, all of it leads to TROS....then what happens?  Star Wars Multiverse?

Have to disagree about Palpatine.  The less we saw of him the better.  At least in the original Trilogy.  Prequels actually did a better job with him.  He was basically a cackling chicken in Return of the Jedi and each time he said something it would have had the opposite effect of what he wanted (Luke to be turned to the Dark side).  

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I think that is the biggest hurdle for Star Wars......to come up with the next baddie that was as good as Emperor Palpatine, without being just another Emperor Palpatine rehash/fallen Jedi acting up storyline...

Palpatine was a great villain that complimented the prequels and original trilogy, definitely one of my favorite characters. The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise is also one of my favorite scenes in all of Star Wars!! Painfully Palpatine was used as a cheap plot device in RoS. Shame on you JJ!!

Still, I think it can't be hard to create new villains. The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, etc had a bunch!

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Still, I think it can't be hard to create new villains. The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, etc had a bunch!

Yes....but the problem is that they are all being introduced in stories happening before the whole saga went down the toilet....all of their arcs so far are simply leading to the events of TROS.....which is why I am thinking they are heading towards a possible reboot with the introduction of the World between Worlds concept from Rebels.....not sure how I feel about that....seems kind of a lazy way out

Edited by jvmacross

TROS will be avoided for years. IMO. They've gotten us all gaga over the golden years spin offs now. Obi-wan , Bobba, etc. (where's Windu?!) And we are supposedly getting this High Republic content, coming soon. Indeed Rian Johnson's forthcoming "trilogy" we no nothing about, EXCEPT that it will have nothing to do with TROS and will have NO familiar characters. A new story , someplace else in the SW universe. And there always has been lots of room for more great content in SW. But not much has actually been done. 
So i think (for some time) they'll keep dancing around the train wreck Skywalker trilogy. And raking in the cash with theme parks and baby yoda's. And golden age spin offs. Hopefully the new , original content will be good..

First episode of Boba was just alright IMO, but I LOVED the second episode. Also, if they have to rename Slave 1 how about Raider 1 or even just the Raider after the Tuskans. 

Chris

Episode 3 and I have finally seen something that I've wanted to see ever scince I first saw Chewbacca being led into Jabba's Palace in chains in ROTJ.

A Wookie fighting Gamoreans in close quarters. Admit it, we were all anticipating it back in the day.

I just wish the fight scenes werent so damn dark.

Minor spoilers

They introduce a cyborg swoop gang.  That have turned to stealing because of a lack of work.  This gang also appears to have become cyborgs by choice.  One even admits that he paid a lot for his eye.  Does mean they all got laid off and decided to blow all their savings on expensive cyborg modifications?  If they have enough money for cyborg limbs with built in weapons and design swoop bikes why not buy a ticket of world where there's work?

Did Boba Fett become a moron?  This was the guy that Vader had to tell not to disintegrate the bounty.  Okay after being swallowed and living among the sand people he's a changed man but he was once clever enough to figure out to find the Falcon.  Now he's nearly letting people get away and making careless moves.  He's also engaging in MCU banter.   Leave the witty dialog to Fennec and have Boba be the straight man.

Ya, i have several issues with episode 3. 

Spoiler

Like how does Krsanntan just walk into Fett's palace? I'm thinking Boba would've had some measures in place for unwanted guests. I mean, hello, assassins been coming since the first episode! 

And ya, like @Roy Focker already said, these cyber kids are sporting shiny enhancements and shiny bikes. But they're broke? They don't even fit well in this setting !

Oh, and the Hutt's just walk away and give a free Rancor away, while they're at it? 
The only thing i liked about this was Danny Trejo, lol. But I wasn't surprised considering Robert Rodriguez is in the mix.

I get that pieces are moving on the board and we're setting up for the major plot points to drop. But this was a pretty dull episode, IMO.

7 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Did Boba Fett become a moron?

Sure looks like it to me.  Walking around without his helmet on (and taking it off whenever he wants to chat), failing to keep even his bedroom safe, and expecting his beloved Tuskens to stand up to technologically superior foes...? :huh:

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

They don't even fit well in this setting !

They wore ridiculously clean and fancy clothes, rode ridiculously clean and shiny bikes, and sported ridiculously clean and shiny cybernetics... like a bunch of rich kids from Canto Bight got lost on their way to Coruscant. <_<

When I watched it, I didn’t mind the ep that much.  

But based on everyone’s observations here, the powers that be should have given more thought to a lot of their ideas and plot moves.  Someone should have been the critical eye and asking the whys and the “Does this make sense?” questions.

Like either make that Vespa crew look drabbier, or have Boba or Fennec verbally call it out (“You can’t find work, and yet you can afford cybernetics and nice bikes?”).  I’m sure they can come up with a viable excuse/justification to say in response.

Toss in a few more throwaway lines like that.  Have Boba ask how the hell the Wookiee got all the way to his bacta tank.  Have Fennec comment that for all those years hanging around Jabba, Boba didn’t learn how to run the business?  Or have Boba say he wasn’t around when Jabba consolidated his power;  he only saw when it was already up and running.

I’d rather have those lines tossed in there, rather than an extra few seconds of sweeping vista scenes or the fast-forwardable chase scene.

Back to the actual story, it looks like the Pykes are the main bad guys for both stories.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

They wore ridiculously clean and fancy clothes, rode ridiculously clean and shiny bikes, and sported ridiculously clean and shiny cybernetics... like a bunch of rich kids from Canto Bight got lost on their way to Coruscant. <_<

They should go back to Cyberpunk where they belong. IMO anyone who voluntarily replaces an organic body part with soon-to-be-obsolete technological junk is a moron.

10 hours ago, crackpot said:

The vespa gang will form Voltron with Boba when he's riding the Rancor.

The Rancor will try to eat Boba when he attempts to ride it.  Danny and The Rancor are just another assassination attempt from the Hutts.

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

After being blown off by Fett, the real Milton would have burned down Jabba's Palace and then proceeded to sip some Margaritas at Chalmun's Cantina.....no salt, of course!

HaHa the Vespa gang stole his Stapler!

I finally watched the episode and while not as bad as I feared it would be, it was still not good.   Boba’s power base is just….ridiculous. He seems to do nothing but is always SAYING he’s in charge. The Vespa gang is SOOO out of place too. They have no money but they dress better than anyone seen on Tatooine ever, have super shiny “Scooters” and also cybernetics. The show just feels….off, like it is something else with Star Wars characters or species in it. Hoping it gets better. So far only ep 2 has been good for me.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Well, heard the rumors about the de-aged Han Solo...surely they could also easily bring back another much more famous guy in a monkey suit?

I don't see how this could end well for someone like Boba Fett....

Also, did the Tuskens spare Boba due to their experience with Mando?  Seems Mando had a relationship with the Tuskens well before Boba did 

3 episodes in and I agree that something just feels "off" about this show.  I'll keep watching, but it definitely pales in comparison to The Mandalorian thus far.  Things I like so far, Boba's interaction with the sand people, the new rancor and Danny T, Fennic, and the Hutt twins. That's about it. Not sure where this all going, but I'll keep the faith for now....  

34 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

3 episodes in and I agree that something just feels "off" about this show.  I'll keep watching, but it definitely pales in comparison to The Mandalorian thus far.  Things I like so far, Boba's interaction with the sand people, the new rancor and Danny T, Fennic, and the Hutt twins. That's about it. Not sure where this all going, but I'll keep the faith for now....  

Not the big black Wookie which is a nod to the comics?

I think part of it is that the show is stuck on Tattooine.

Mando had the advantage of having him move around to wildly different locations.

The other issue is what I mentioned earlier:  half-baked ideas that weren’t completely mulled over and thoroughly spot-checked.  There’s nothing wrong with the idea of the Vespa gang, but acknowledge that they blow what little money they have on clothes and parts for themselves and their bikes.

Like I said:  have the characters call crap out and incongruities out.