3 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I was hoping the series would have 30-45 minute episodes and not a bunch of shorts. 

Actually, I enjoyed the 15 minute or so lengths per episode...I felt there were just a few episodes that could have benefitted with being a bit longer...but the better ones got to the point quickly and effectively

I’ve so far only seen 4 of these. The first one was really good and then I had the opposite reaction to the second episode. Then I took a break because my expectations dropped after the stupid second one. The third one was barely ok and I kinda liked the fourth one and I’m just not that excited, but will try to finish the rest soon.

I guess I was so excited by that first episode and how great it’s potential could be for upcoming episodes and anime and Starwars that by the second episode I was reminded that this was Star Wars anime and had a really hard time getting back to try to finish this stuff. I thought it would be everything great about both worlds, but it’s also the worst as well.

I would suggest that you keep watching. There are some really good episodes in the latter half---The Elder and Akakiri are stand outs here. Lop and Ochō reminded me of something from Studio Gainax. In any case, starting with episode five the different animation teams appear to settle in on a common juxtaposition of Jedi versus Sith.

I didn't have as negative an opinion of Tatooine Rhapsody; however, I do agree that it was the weakest short story of the bunch. It felt like it needed more time in the creative oven because it had all of the Star Wars ingredients, but it didn't get the mix right to completely suspend my disbelief. I mean, it was all right. It's just that at the end of it, I had a so many questions and I felt like it would have been cool if there was another episode to fill in the gaps:

Spoiler

What was going on with that ragtag group of musicians? Why was the other slug character on Jabba's bounty list? Later in the episode I thought that having a Jedi in the band is what setup the concert--he used some Jedi mind trick shenanigans--but we don't really see evidence of that? Also, why would this random Jedi care? Is it because the band is giving him shelter and helping him to hide out? As I said, a lot of this is open ended and left to the imagination. 

Edited by technoblue

The bigger question to that silly episode is more like what happened after manager jabba died. Do they end up on a downer episode of where are they now. Rockin Jabba does on the toilet, the main singer accidentally killed himself singing into a lightsaber, the drummer died from a drug deal gone wrong when it turned out his other self was a snitch. The droid probably just ended up doing questionable things for Lando

11 hours ago, Big s said:

The bigger question to that silly episode is more like what happened after manager jabba died. Do they end up on a downer episode of where are they now. Rockin Jabba does on the toilet, the main singer accidentally killed himself singing into a lightsaber, the drummer died from a drug deal gone wrong when it turned out his other self was a snitch. The droid probably just ended up doing questionable things for Lando

lol

That would have been a fun way to do a "behind the music" or "where are they now?" episode with a twist of dark humor.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Bolt said:

So now Boba would rule a  fiefdom. Interesting. I guess the Sarlaac smacked the taste of bounty hunting from him..

Boba was an orphan who made his way in life the only way he knew how as a Bounty Hunter.  Being fed to the Sarlacc and wandering the desert for years could have changed his attitude in life to where he'd be willing to rescue Baby Yoda.

Where do you take a possibly reformed Bounty Hunter after that?  Have him take over Jabba's gang?   Does that sound like it would fit his character? 

1 minute ago, Roy Focker said:

Boba was an orphan who made his way in life the only way he knew how as a Bounty Hunter.  Being fed to the Sarlacc and wandering the desert for years could have changed his attitude in life to where he'd be willing to rescue Baby Yoda.

Where do you take a possibly reformed Bounty Hunter after that?  Have him take over Jabba's gang?   Does that sound like it would fit his character? 

I'd really have to digest this new content. If there's not enough back story. Then maybe not. I've read too much of the EU. Although, to be fair, Boba wasn't bounty hunting too much after the Sarlaac. He was settling old scores and taking care of the Mando way of life..

5 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Perhaps a new perspective on life after being fed to the Sarlacc. Why bounty hunt when one can fine more lucrative ways to make a living? Little embezzlement here, little protection business there, control of numerous underworld groups...

2 hours ago, azrael said:

Perhaps a new perspective on life after being fed to the Sarlacc. Why bounty hunt when one can fine more lucrative ways to make a living? Little embezzlement here, little protection business there, control of numerous underworld groups...

Plus he was already working for Jabba and knew the ins and outs.  And lets face it, Jabba's other henchmen (especially those in the Special Edition Star Wars) made even OT Fett look like a pro.

Hopefully, Boba remembers the lessons from Mandalorian history and from science fiction:

1). DON’T get too involved with any Force wielders.  Ever.

2). Keep your distance (both figuratively and literally) from these same Force wielders.

3). Taking over a desert fiefdom from a overweight and gluttonous predecessor is fraught with dangers.  If Boba starts growing a magnificent beard, he’s dead meat! 🤪

For some reason, I hear Pedro Pascal's voice with that Ithorian at the beginning of the trailer.

Also in the Mandalorian, I think they established that big-time bounties are slim in the days of the New Republic. Maybe Boba, in his time of self-reflection, has decided to branch out of the bounty business...