11 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Hopefully the majority, the internet has more than enough nerd-rage as it is. Especially when it comes to Disney and Star Wars.

-b.

Depending on the definition of "hit" most of them will not.  With luck most of them will be decent shows but a hit in TV (any TV) is rare.  The budgets for these are not going to be cheap either.  This is the best way (IMHO) or expanding the SW universe though - less risk than doing it through big budget movies (we will see about the Rogue Squadron budget but a planned direct to streaming show will probably not have a screen release budget) and whatever works can get a film treatment.

I’m gonna set the over/under at 3.5 for the streaming series.

They gotta keep adding new content to feed the +.  But some of the content is a bit iffy.

I’d be totally down if the Droid story were about R2 (sans Threepio), Chopper, AP-5, or HK-47.  But anyone else? :unknw:

Obi could be good.  But as I’ve said before in this thread, too much plot gymnastics to get Obi and Vader to face off again.  Can’t get much more “master vs. learner” than Obi chopping off Anakin’s arm and legs, jacking his lightsaber, and leaving him to die on some lava planet.

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Depending on the definition of "hit" most of them will not.  With luck most of them will be decent shows but a hit in TV (any TV) is rare.  The budgets for these are not going to be cheap either.  This is the best way (IMHO) or expanding the SW universe though - less risk than doing it through big budget movies (we will see about the Rogue Squadron budget but a planned direct to streaming show will probably not have a screen release budget) and whatever works can get a film treatment.

For me a hit would be defined as a commercial and critical (fans) success. For a streaming service that would mean new and/or renewed subscriptions and from a critical perspective see how well The Mandalorian is received. 

Just now, Mog said:

I’m gonna set the over/under at 3.5 for the streaming series.

They gotta keep adding new content to feed the +.  But some of the content is a bit iffy.

I’d be totally down if the Droid story were about R2 (sans Threepio), Chopper, AP-5, or HK-47.  But anyone else? :unknw:

Obi could be good.  But as I’ve said before in this thread, too much plot gymnastics to get Obi and Vader to face off again.  Can’t get much more “master vs. learner” than Obi chopping off Anakin’s arm and legs, jacking his lightsaber, and leaving him to die on some lava planet.

Some of this content is not going to be aimed at adults or older fans, and guaranteed there will be some 'kiddy' content because Disney needs younger fans to grow up and become adult fans. The cycle continues. 

Personally I just want some continuity across the shows that are for the "adults".

-b.

I thought Ahsoka will lead Mando and crew through an underground mountain pass, where she’ll have to face off against the “Bane of Skywalker” who’s wielding a lightwhip.

Upon barely surviving the encounter, the Force will cause a “Reconvergence of the Force” upon her (or some other mumbo-jumbo), and she’ll come back to her friends (while Bo Katan cough-mutters something about copying Kara Thrace).

In the New Republic’s most desperate time of need, she’ll then return back triumphantly, leading the Riders of the Mandalore to save the day.

And then she’ll help to save Coruscant from an invasion that will take 3.5 hours of runtime to resolve (5 hours if you’re watching the extended edition).

:p

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I thought Ahsoka will lead Mando and crew through an underground mountain pass, where she’ll have to face off against the “Bane of Skywalker” who’s wielding a lightwhip.

Upon barely surviving the encounter, the Force will cause a “Reconvergence of the Force” upon her (or some other mumbo-jumbo), and she’ll come back to her friends (while Bo Katan cough-mutters something about copying Kara Thrace).

In the New Republic’s most desperate time of need, she’ll then return back triumphantly, leading the Riders of the Mandalore to save the day.

And then she’ll help to save Coruscant from an invasion that will take 3.5 hours of runtime to resolve (5 hours if you’re watching the extended edition).

:p

Wait....didn't you say you wanted GOOD stories?

I'd be down with more Tron. Particularly between the first movie and the sequel. We did get some comics to cover that, but it could be money and time well spent for mouse ears. 
but we all know Disney is printing money with baby yodas and X-wings on the bills..

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

To be frank I think Disney is overdoing it with the announced Star Wars and Marvel series. They really need to look at some of their other properties that could be really popular, namely TRON.

or The Black Hole; there's a property no one's touched in some time!

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

To be frank I think Disney is overdoing it with the announced Star Wars and Marvel series. They really need to look at some of their other properties that could be really popular, namely TRON.

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

I'd be down with more Tron. Particularly between the first movie and the sequel. We did get some comics to cover that, but it could be money and time well spent for mouse ears. 
but we all know Disney is printing money with baby yodas and X-wings on the bills..

There've been rumors of a new TRON movie being developed staring Jared Ledo and Garth Davis directing.

But yeah, for sure I'd be ecstatic for more TRON.

-b.

5 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

or The Black Hole; there's a property no one's touched in some time!

I would love to see that redone.  It is talked about off and on and on and off.  The basic design of the palomino and Cygnus can stay just as they are.  Maxamillian too.  VINCent would need a bit of a redesign so that it doesn't look like metal paint on wood though.  With some world building thrown into the remake they could start a whole new series.

17 hours ago, Thom said:

:(

Yeah...  except Finn, but hey, there must be a demographic out there that loves to hear the word REY screamed at the top of the lungs.  In fact, given Disney’s money troubles, they could string together a low cost show with various instances of Finn screaming REEEEYYYYYYYYYYY, put it together with reused footage.

let’s see...  here are the list of spin offs I would like to see.

Qui-Gon: The Younger Years.

Piett: Serving with Vader.

Wedge: Commanding Rogue.

Chewbacca: Christmas Special Redux.

Hux: Backstabbing Office Politics.

Rose: From Chinese Fast Food to the Resistance, Riding on Hot Sister’s Coattails.

Wicket: The Further Adventure of the Ewoks.

Solo and Organa: Married... with a Scoundrel. (Liea’s POV)

Solo and Organa II: Married... with stuck up. (Han’s POV)

Solo and Organa III: Married... not anymore...the Happy Separation. (Ben’s POV)

finally... lest we forget:

Jar Jar: the Imperial Years.

we can turn these shows into a bunch of different types, horror (the Jar Jar show) comedy, drama series, reality show, just name it.  That’s going to fill out the Disney Star Wars Universe.

oh, and Thrawn needs his own show too...  Thrawn: Into the Unknown Regions.

Edited by kalvasflam

8 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Yeah...  except Finn, but hey, there must be a demographic out there that loves to hear the word REY screamed at the top of the lungs.  In fact, given Disney’s money troubles, they could string together a low cost show with various instances of Finn screaming REEEEYYYYYYYYYYY, put it together with reused footage.

let’s see...  here are the list of spin offs I would like to see.

Qui-Gon: The Younger Years.

Piett: Serving with Vader.

Wedge: Commanding Rogue.

Chewbacca: Christmas Special Redux.

Hux: Backstabbing Office Politics.

Rose: From Chinese Fast Food to the Resistance, Riding on Hot Sister’s Coattails.

Wicket: The Further Adventure of the Ewoks.

Solo and Organa: Married... with a Scoundrel. (Liea’s POV)

Solo and Organa II: Married... with stuck up. (Han’s POV)

Solo and Organa III: Married... not anymore...the Happy Separation. (Ben’s POV)

finally... lest we forget:

Jar Jar: the Imperial Years.

we can turn these shows into a bunch of different types, horror (the Jar Jar show) comedy, drama series, reality show, just name it.  That’s going to fill out the Disney Star Wars Universe.

oh, and Thrawn needs his own show too...  Thrawn: Into the Unknown Regions.

Don't forget...

Fett: inside a Sarlacc's tummy