3 hours ago, tekering said:

None of this, however, can even begin to explain why 41-year old Boba Fett is being played by 61-year old Temuera Morrison. <_<

A couple of acid dips into a Sarlacc pit are murder on the skin.  Plus, that desert heat and dryness?  And you know the Tuskens probably didn’t even waste their pee to wash that Sarlacc stank off Boba. :D

11 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Sarlacc and Suns of Tatoonie might be murder on the skin but they don't explain all that extra dad bod weight.

Did he eat some of that BBQ Sarlacc meat on his way out?

Its like Laurence Fishburne in the movie Predators (if anybody else saw it). Laurence was hiding on an alien planet filled with Predators and other things that could kill you in an instant yet he packed on the pounds somehow.

4 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Going out on a limb here but I wonder if they have a Grogu series or movie planned when he is closer to being an adult that takes places hundreds of years after the Skywalker Saga?

I'm sure that's the plan. Putting Grogu in most everything Disney produces now at various ages. Like Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy in his various stages of growth.

Having never been a big Boba Fett fan, I'm liking it enough. But I was really watching it for Din and his new chrome ride!:D As soon he showed up, it was like the entire series changed and I was watching exerts from The Mandalorian! And then that sweet, sweet, Shiny and Chrome, suped up N-1 came along. Holy moly!

R2, Revell and Bandai had better start gearing up some new molds!

28 minutes ago, Thom said:

Having never been a big Boba Fett fan, I'm liking it enough. But I was really watching it for Din and his new chrome ride!:D As soon he showed up, it was like the entire series changed and I was watching exerts from The Mandalorian! And then that sweet, sweet, Shiny and Chrome, suped up N-1 came along. Holy moly!

R2, Revell and Bandai had better start gearing up some new molds!

I think what Din is doing for this series is what Boba did for The Mandalorian. Good trade!

Only watched half the episode so far and I just have to say...

Our heroes are morons when it comes to making plans.  We've got all of our people spread throughout the city watching for signs of trouble.  Nearly all of them are pretty much by themselves without anybody to watch their backs.  What could go wrong?

I can't keep track of Boba's Motives.  The people need me because I'm the defender of this city.   Maybe all this stuff with him falling in love of the city and its people happened during the previous 2 episodes in which he didn't appear in.

32 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Our heroes are morons when it comes to making plans.  We've got all of our people spread throughout the city watching for signs of trouble.  Nearly all of them are pretty much by themselves without anybody to watch their backs.  What could go wrong?

Spoiler

Well, the assumption was the other crime lords would stay put. But yes, they should know better. There is no honor among thieves.

I just wanted to see Boba riding the rancor. 🤣

Yeah, it was a pretty meh ending.  It was as if someone said, “Let’s do all these cool scenes!”  But none of it had any purpose, logic, or stakes behind them.

I also feel sorry for the folks who don’t know the backstory on the blue dude.  It’s clear there’s history between him and Boba, but it’s not fully elaborated during this show.

And for a crime boss, Boba has been very incompetent and very inconsistent.  They keep trying to make him a hero, instead of the crime boss he’s supposed to be.  I mean, his first act was to straight up MDK Bib Fortuna, and yet we RARELY see that version of Boba show up over the course of the series.

Dumb nit-picks and comments:

Spoiler

* So, the Pykes killed Boba’s Tusken tribe.  WELL, DUH!  That Sarlacc acid must of fried some of Boba’s smarts.

* Why the hell was Mando only armed with a pistol?!  You’re taking on a small army, but you didn’t bring any extra firearms?

* Guess it’s not common knowledge that the best way to beat those shields is to leave some bombs and let the dumb droid walk right into them.  Of course, those droid weapons were probably programmed by a Stormtrooper with their crappy aim.

* Mando’s gonna get tired of Grogu being a backseat driver (in the Grogu port), and upgrade to a Republic Gunship.  That way he can stick the kid on timeout in one of those outside gunner station bubbles.

* For all the Baby Yoda figures out there, we NEED a Napping Grogu figure like yesterday.  Think of all the scenes you could do with it!  Napping with a rancor.  Napping after eating too many of Frog Lady’s eggs.  Napping after Force choking to death a squad of 501st troopers! :ph34r:

Edited by Mog

Questions...

1) What next?

2) on the subject of DVDs resulting from a completed series

2a): Are DVDs still a thing?

2b): Would TBoBF be considered an OVA in Japan (presuming that DVDs or OVAs still exist in concept of merchandizing)?

I didn't know a thing about Blue man group dude. Other than he's some cartoon character.  The Wookie had more of a build up over the course of this series as potential foe for Fett to have a show down with.   Seems like they decided to make the Wookie a friend and needed a last minute baddie for the final fight.

Many fans only follow live action stuff.  We don’t read all the books, comics or watch the cartoons.  If additional homework is needed to understand things that means your show is lacking.

1 hour ago, TehPW said:

Questions...

1) What next?

2) on the subject of DVDs resulting from a completed series

2a): Are DVDs still a thing?

2b): Would TBoBF be considered an OVA in Japan (presuming that DVDs or OVAs still exist in concept of merchandizing)?

I don’t know about people buying these shows on dvd or whatever. Honestly I haven’t thought about it since it’s streaming. But since it wasn’t made for video or animated, it wouldn’t be an original video animation. If it’s only gonna be the single season, the term lately has been limited series. Either way it’s mostly a spin off of a spin off. As far as the first question, it’s about what’s next for Boba , the series or overall franchise?

Team Boba are also pretty stupid when it comes to tactics.

Boba "I'm pinned down and need help."

Teammate "I'm going to join you and get pinned down instead of staying across the street and trapping the enemy in a crossfire."

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Team Boba are also pretty stupid when it comes to tactics.

Boba "I'm pinned down and need help."

Teammate "I'm going to join you and get pinned down instead of staying across the street and trapping the enemy in a crossfire."

Right? Let’s ALL gather up in one tight  spot behind this speeder…

Oh, and let’s continue shooting at the things that aren’t affected by being shot.

PrinceOfSpace.png

Edited by Kelsain

@Roy Focker Thank you! These guys ride up in an armed APC, then just park it at idle. Stop, get your 'troops' out and then stay mobile. Same with the kids on the toy bikes. Get, and stay, behind the enemy and get them in a cross-fire.

But that is my only major gripe. Otherwise it was a fun romp and I enjoyed it.

As for Boba's people being double-crossed, yes that was coming. But with only so many people, there was only so much they could do. They didn't have anyone in reserve to watch the watchers. I feel bad for the pig-men...

Well, it’s not like Boba doesn’t know any other bounty hunters or anyone that has beef with Cad that he could have called as backup or paid to be back-up. . . 

Oh wait! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Let me ape the reaction from last week’s ep a bit….

CAD-FREAKIN'-BANE!  OMG

I am fanboying so hard I am going to cream myself…. Ok, nobody actually said that last week.  To the nugget this week, where the titular badass show up at the last minute to have an epic fight cause He was too cool to fight with the rest of the posse… just to be beaten down by an old dude way past his prime.

And what the hell was is with the piggy guards, why even have that scene considering nobody gave a crap about those two…. Does anyone even care that they are pancake?

This ep was like some junior script writers somehow got the keys to the Ferrari and one of the most bad ass names in the Star Wars galaxy and turned it into an episode of Sponge Bob. 

Literally, WTF…. Well, the good thing I guess is that we will never see another season of Boba now that he is safely tucked away and fading into senility on Tatooine.  At least there is something positive that came out of this series.

well, I am so happy that we got to see the kinder, gentler Boba, don’t know how SW was ever possible without that version of the most infamous bounty Hunter in the galaxy.

Edited by kalvasflam

Well they certainly tried , didn't they.? 

Spoiler

Ya, some sorry and pointless shoot em up shenanigans. Why the hell did Boba listen to some kids about holding it down in a maze of backstabbing crooks.? ( Boba expected the other crime boses to betray him & he had no plan for that..!) Since when do the power ranger kids have any real combat experience? Those bad ass droids wouldn't have breached the palace and Slave one would've turned them into slag. And the pork brothers would've lived. Oy Vey..Instead, let's split up! Because that always works in the horror movies..

And so Grogu made his choice. Luke gave him his Mithril chain mail shirt and a free ride. Or did the baby Yoda steal it and split? I kinda think Luke was in on it , as R2 was driving. 
iI too kept wondering why Din only had his pistol, like under dressed for the party bro. And Boba was way too attached to his rife, like a safety blanket, everytime he dropped it , he just couldn't bother with his side arm. That's what they're for, dude! 
I guess this was as good an ending for Cad Bane as any. He was the best and most ruthless bounty hunter for many successful years. I'm personally glad it was Boba that finally took him out  And Boba on the Rancor was cool . I can imagine that bit of lore spreading around the outter rim like wild fire .

This feels like one and done for TBOBF . I don't see a season 2 so much as Boba and co. Being featured in the mext Mandalorian chapter (s) .They've already spent 2 episodes almost exclusively with Din . So why not a few episodes of the Mandalorian just with Boba? The only question there is why the end credits scene with the marshal in Boba's bacta tank? And the shady looking cyber bro. I was confused about that..

All in all, I enjoyed more Boba Fet in the (new) Star Wars universe. But i do feel that they didn't fully do the character justice.  Could have been way better. 

Edited by Bolt

Well. . .

Spoiler

Considering Boba's genius plan was to rely on a rag-tag group of folks from a small off-the-beaten-path town to help him take down the drug dealers, he figured the least he could do was let their Marshall Cobb Vanth get a nice healing dip in Boba's slightly used bacta tank. 

Cyber dude is the same person that did the "mod" that saved Fennec way back in the day.  He's probably gonna do the same thing for the ol' Marshall.