A certain group of incredibly vocal people have been on a hate parade against Disney and its leadership for years now, including calling out Kennedy. Whether she is retiring on her own terms or being ‘forced out’ when Iger comes back to focus Disney on other projects is anyone’s guess at this point. Whatever the result, I’ll believe it when I see it.

The Merger with Apple seems far fetched at best - if that does not setoff anti-monopoly alarms then nothing would.  

Also - A LOT of what went wrong can be traced back directly to Iger's time.  With the exception of Chapek being a horrible spokesperson.  The tone of the messages Iger is putting out versus what Chapek said is nearly a 180 while the substance is the same - layoffs and hiring freezes.

As for Star Wars in particular.  Movie wise tt has underperformed, BADLY, so no matter what the reason the person at the top is going to go one way or the other.

6 hours ago, Dynaman said:

The Merger with Apple seems far fetched at best - if that does not setoff anti-monopoly alarms then nothing would.  

Also - A LOT of what went wrong can be traced back directly to Iger's time.  With the exception of Chapek being a horrible spokesperson.  The tone of the messages Iger is putting out versus what Chapek said is nearly a 180 while the substance is the same - layoffs and hiring freezes.

As for Star Wars in particular.  Movie wise tt has underperformed, BADLY, so no matter what the reason the person at the top is going to go one way or the other.

I personally think the apple thing is a bit extreme as well, but the rumors are so all over the place at the moment that it’s great entertainment 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

well...LOL. ONE out of THREE live action shows that was worth watching!  (Didn't count Tales of the Jedi as I haven't watched it yet.) Not a good hit rate Disney! 

Boba Fett was worth watching for when it became Mando season 2.5 in the last few episodes. Granted, you’d be better off skipping everything up until then.

Edited by Duke Togo

13 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Tales Of The Jedi could easily have just been a clone wars spin off. Or even integrated into the series. I know it's after the fact now, but most everything revolved around that era and those characters.  

Yes. While I thought it was good, I was disappointed that they stuck so close to home. They could have chosen any era, spanning thousands of years, and brought some Legend characters into the canon, but no. 

Edited by Duke Togo

3 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Yes. While I thought it was good, I was disappointed that they stuck so close to home. They could have chosen any era, spanning thousands of years, and brought some Legend characters into the canon, but no. 

Agreed. I immediately suspected that those stories were made to support the likes of the upcoming Ahsoka Tano series and the like. 

I'm waaaay late to this, but I just finished Andor (:wub:) and I moved on to Kenobi.

Right away I can tell that the tone isn't for me.  Andor won me over with the banality of Imperial Bureaucracy and the many small steps taken by many people all moving the behemoth along.  In Kenobi, within the first 30 seconds we have Some Dude all in shiny black armour strutting about as people look on at him and scatter.

Ugh.  I mean, I know it's Star Wars and certain things should happen, but... ugh.

EDIT: Also?  Hand-held shaky cam can be jettisoned into the nearest garbage masher.  HATE THE SHAKY CAM!

EDIT 2: Hah!  Tiny Leia is great, as is the stepmom.  Stepmom has just the right amount of exasperation a tiny Leia would cause.  And Jimmy Smitts!  Yay, I've always like him as Bail!

Edited by CoryHolmes

Ugh Kenobi, what a waste of my favorite character. There are some descent moments in the show.  And a couple really good ones. But over all from the effects, cinematography, tothe HORRIBLE soundtrack, Kenobi was just terrible for me. Tiny Leia just got really annoying to me and making her the focus for Obi-Wan  creates more problems to the lore. But hey gotta make her more important to please KK.  Also, how no one can catch up to Leia in every chase is beyond stupid. 
I really tried to like the show and desperately wanted to but apart from a few scenes that are really good  Vader in the town and Vaders chat with Kenobi at the end, the show was just barely mediocre at best and head-scratchingly ridiculous most of the time. Sorry just my 2 cents, I really just needed to vent that  lol

Chris

Edited by Dobber

13 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Ugh Kenobi, what a waste of my favorite character. There are some descent moments in the show.  And a couple really good ones. But over all from the effects, cinematography, tothe HORRIBLE soundtrack, Kenobi was just terrible for me. Tiny Leia just got really annoying to me and making her the focus for Obi-Wan  creates more problems to the lore. But hey gotta make her more important to please KK.  Also, how no one can catch up to Leia in every chase is beyond stupid. 
I really tried to like the show and desperately wanted to but apart from a few scenes that are really good  Vader in the town and Vaders chat with Kenobi at the end, the show was just barely mediocre at best and head-scratchingly ridiculous most of the time. Sorry just my 2 cents, I really just needed to vent that  lol

Chris

The Obi show and She Hulk are the two worst offerings on D+.

2 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

This!  This stood out to me right away!  Sooooo stupid!

I still didn’t think it was as bad as the roof to chase. The Reva jump was super cringy. But I still think that if she hadn’t gotten so dizzy from spinning and awkward acrobatics, she should have easily caught up

Oh.  Oh *man* did I just see what I thought I saw?  Third Sister Lady did a long walk just to get into her own base?  From the pad she just walks in a straight line through doors and hangers and stuff?

My first and most immediate thought was "Are they copying Get Smart's opening?"  That alone should tell you how I feel about this show so far.

7 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

Oh.  Oh *man* did I just see what I thought I saw?  Third Sister Lady did a long walk just to get into her own base?  From the pad she just walks in a straight line through doors and hangers and stuff?

My first and most immediate thought was "Are they copying Get Smart's opening?"  That alone should tell you how I feel about this show so far.

If that bugged you, just wait till you see how they get out

14 hours ago, Big s said:

If that bugged you, just wait till you see how they get out

NGL, I just skipped the rest of the series from that point on.  I just scanned across the timeline until the window preview looked interesting, and watched that.

According to the TV Tropes summary, I didn't miss out on much.