• 3 weeks later...

Help me figure something out. I'm watching Moulin Rouge One a Star Wars Story for the 2nd time since seeing it in the theaters. Over the course of a decade (or whatever) Le Chiffre has been forced to make the Death Star operational. Why didn't he just refuse? His wife was killed, and their daughter escaped at the start of the movie. There was nobody left for the Empire to hold hostage to force him to do anything. Prior to the start of the movie, he and his family were living in hiding. That suggests he knew his knowledge was invaluable to the project and was doing his best not to be found. Without his help would there even be a Death Star? What was stopping him from refusing complete his work and not jumping off edge to bottomless pit that's a part of nearly every Imperial facility?

16 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Help me figure something out. I'm watching Moulin Rouge One a Star Wars Story for the 2nd time since seeing it in the theaters. Over the course of a decade (or whatever) Le Chiffre has been forced to make the Death Star operational. Why didn't he just refuse? His wife was killed, and their daughter escaped at the start of the movie. There was nobody left for the Empire to hold hostage to force him to do anything. Prior to the start of the movie, he and his family were living in hiding. That suggests he knew his knowledge was invaluable to the project and was doing his best not to be found. Without his help would there even be a Death Star? What was stopping him from refusing complete his work and not jumping off edge to bottomless pit that's a part of nearly every Imperial facility?

Essentially....The Empire knew enough to complete the project without him, before that it seems he was under the threat that they would find his daughter and do stuff to her if he did not comply....so he complied, but then after time he decided to sabotage the project rather than walking away from it, completed without the "defect" built into it...

9 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

The DS would have been completed without him anyway.  He helped so he could sabotage it.  Though the sabotage was really pretty pathetic.  I mean it really required a Jedi to make it work and they were in short supply.

It may have been the most that he could get away with. Something better than nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 12:58 PM, Dobber said:

I like Ashoka and all but they are going to over do it with her if they are not careful. She doesn’t need to be in everything. 

They are "Marvel-izing" Star Wars...all these characters will eventually "assemble" to accomplish something cool in this post-Empire galaxy....but ultimately, this all leads to the rise of the First Order and Darth Sidious coming back in TROS anyways...;)

Those Dooku eps hit hard.

And the training ep too.  Damn straight to the feels.

You can talk all your crap, but Filoni knows his Star Wars and how to make you give a damn about the characters.

. . . And he knows how to put in a silly but appropriate comedy moment (“Sorry Commander!” 😅).

Spoiler

Of all the Clones to say that line.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Negotiator said:

what's acolyte about?

"The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take the audience into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers in the final days of the High Republic era."

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Bolt said:

Apparently Kathleen Kennedy will be leaving Lucasfilm next summer. Personally, I'm all good with this.

With Iger's return, there might be more changes. Even if it is for only 2 years.