On the other hand, Obi-Wan could be reaching the younger SW audience just fine.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/kenobi-strange-rate-well-for-disney/

Me, although I can’t claim to be so young anymore, I am still open to creative ideas. So taken on it’s own, it isn’t perfect but I had fun watching it. I felt the same way about the prequel trilogy years ago. It will be interesting to see what happens if this show gets a second season. Will Obi-Wan become a side character helping an Ezra type or will the old Jedi still be the main focus and will we see him get another brief adventure?

9 minutes ago, technoblue said:

On the other hand, Obi-Wan could be reaching the younger SW audience just fine.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/kenobi-strange-rate-well-for-disney/

Me, although I can’t claim to be so young anymore, I am still open to creative ideas. So taken on it’s own, it isn’t perfect but I had fun watching it. I felt the same way about the prequel trilogy years ago. It will be interesting to see what happens if this show gets a second season. Will Obi-Wan become a side character helping an Ezra type or will the old Jedi still be the main focus and will we see him get another brief adventure?

My niece watches it and likes it but us older folk expect more quality, especially after the prequels. And we did get some of that with CGI series and Rogue One but overall it's too much of a let down. Seriously, this felt like it was made by the same people behind PICARD on Paramount+. 

Franchises need a constant stream of new blood so 🤷‍♂️ I know I'm not the target audience for lots of these shows now so I'm not going to get all worked up about it (same for whatever new Macross shows come our way now). Hell, most of us here ARE NOT the target audiences for these shows now.

Unlike Picard, at least they are trying to stick close to canon. People reacted well to seeing Hayden coming back (and we'll see more of him in Ashoka) and that's great. But my opinion is to use Prequel and Original trilogy characters sparingly (Sequel characters can burn and be thrown to that dumpster fire).

If they do move forward with a 2nd season, focus on Luke getting to know "Ben Kenobi" more cuz Luke being friendly when they first meet in ANH should have a bit more context. My other focus would be to have Kenobi start feeling his age. That line where he says "I'm getting too old for this sorta thing..." should rear its head now.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:33 AM, TangledThorns said:

I just started playing Fallen Jedi for PC and ten minutes in it's already way better than the Obi-Wan Kenobi series. Disney+ is gonna lose subscribers over this IMHO.

It’s gameplay is great, but the writing is still just ok.  A bunch of it still doesn’t make sense.  

31 minutes ago, Big s said:

Well, he’s not lying…………………………………….anymore 

Still from a certain point of view.....he told Luke that Vader was a pupil of his until he turned evil....if anything, Vader was a pupil of Darth Sidious and evil from his inception...we'll have to wait for OWK Season 2 for more things that don't need explanations to be explained....:rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I’m not convinced Reva is an awful actor. I think she just looked too soft for the part. 

The actress that plays her isn’t the problem. The issue is the way she was written. I have a feeling that she did the best with the material they gave her. Often times these things are filmed out of order and she herself might not have understood that her character magically appears in weird places. The dialogue was also a bit cheesy, but again she was probably just acting the lines that she was given and directed to act the way she did.

I agree that overall, the writing wasn't so good. As much as I enjoyed watching the final duel, there was a ton of room for improvement with the series as a whole . If there's a season 2 ( not holding my breath) it's gonna need better writing.

Edited by Bolt

1 hour ago, azrael said:

Reva was not a well-written character. I wish they approached the end of that character's arc differently.

I think they should have approached her entire character differently. The actress deserved better than to be cast as another trash character with toys that go straight to the bargain bin like Rose or Jar Jar

If they had showed her being honestly conflicted about hurting Leia during one of Leia’s numerous captures, it could have helped sell her storyline better.

Reva can be ruthless and angry about other things, but show her being uneasy when witnessing kids getting hurt.

Also I’ve been wondering if having Obi be the one to get captured and sent to Inquisitor-Land (instead of Leia) would have made for a better story.

There is a possible Season 2 idea out there using existing material, but I don’t think anyone wants another story involving Sand People and flashbacks.  And other than being a cool story, what would it teach us about Obi and his growth into the Jedi we see in ANH?

On 7/5/2022 at 5:11 AM, Mog said:

Someone posted this on another board I frequent.

Article with the original writer back when Obi was planned to be a film:

https://thedirect.com/article/obi-wan-kenobi-commander-cody-scrapped-role-exclusive

Some interesting ideas here and there, showing once again the shortcomings of the TV series’ writer.

I thought Ahsoka would have made an appearance too. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...