5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

First episode in with KENOBI. Ugh. Hope it gets better.

Nope and it sucks all the way to the end. After all this I still don’t get the motivation behind the turd sister. And once again Vader seems cool until he isn’t. This show was a total waste 

Just felt very “by the numbers.”

The fight was a little over the top, and everything just felt surface level.  Instead of relying on uber Force powers, I kinda wish they had added some psychological aspects to the fight.  Have Obi bring up the past, tell Vader Padme’s final words to him, remind Vader of the good that may still be in him.

And have Vader rightfully point out that Obi’s fear is causing him to slip to the Dark Side.

Also, the stuff with the Third Sister didn’t feel earned.  We all knew she was one of the Younglings.  They should have just revealed it earlier and hinted more at her true intentions earlier.

Honestly, they really made the antagonists/villains too one dimensional in this show.

Just finished the last OWK episode....it was better than the previous episodes, but too little too late...

It's like Anakin/Vader wanted to recreate the scene of his initial defeat to Obi Wan...a one on one fight.....at the risk of repeated failure....at the end....did that final scene with Vader on Mustafar indicate that he was OK with giving up on his quest to  defeat his "former" master or pursuing him any further?  

The lore between OWK and Anakin/Vader was better when the idea was that Vader may or may not have been searching for OWK for years until they finally met up in ANH.

Edited by jvmacross

In the final episode of the season, the Jedi in exile faces off against Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel.  The fight somehow results in Vader's helmet being cut open across the faceplate, revealing scarred, white skin and a piercing, yellow eye, and suddenly we hear Anakin's voice, rather than Vader's.  His Jedi opponent is deeply moved by the sight, and ceases the attack.  Vader is able to leave without sustaining further injury.

That's from "Twilight of the Apprentice," the second season finale of Rebels.

7gdikv7ridj81.jpg?auto=webp&s=e1998999ed

Sorry for the spoiler from a seven-year old TV show. 😝

Spoiler

The whole character of reva is pointless and stupid at pretty much every moment she’s on screen. She wants revenge on other Jedi because they got slaughtered by Vader and the clone troopers and she got stabbed by Vader. so she joins Vader and the empire to get Obi. When she can’t kill Vader because she decided to yell at him instead of just turning on her light saber, she gets stabbed again. So instead of getting medical attention and somehow finding a spaceship out of nowhere she then decides to hunt down and kill Luke. Because she wants revenge for all the younglings. I might have bought that she wanted to kidnap him to train him to be a weapon, but that would’ve required a better writing team.

the effects are still crap. That chase at the beginning didn’t even feel like the ships were moving other than the wobbly dodge the lasers thing. It looked like they could’ve launched fighters to strategically take out the engines, either that or Vader could’ve used hi shuttle to fly himself closer and tear off the engines. Either way they could have just sent Vader to fight Obi and kept up the pursuit on the wobbly ship.

the Vader Obi fight started cool then started getting a little cheesy. But I would’ve honestly thought it would fit the show if Vader just left after burying Obi and assuming he was dead. But then the episode gets superpowered full cheese and Vader fails again. Every time this show starts with Vader doing something it ends up a fail. 
Obi risks getting caught again by taking a trip back to say bye to the brat and give her back her droid that she loves and is never seen after. She was also given the spy’s holster belt earlier. I must not have been paying attention in the last episode, because I don’t remember the scene where he scraped up her exploded remains and cleaned her belt.

And everyone knew Qui Gon Jesus would show up near the end. Just I think most of us wanted him to give a little help fighting Vader or at least to give him a pep talk. Instead it’s just to make fun of him  and say “what took you so long”

those mountains were a really long way to walk for reva on the way back with a light saber stab wound and carrying a kid. And all she did was just cry.

Definitely one of the worst endings for a show. I have no desire to ever rewatch it. I feel like I could rewatch Boba show at some point, but I don’t think I’ll ever rewatch this. Even the last trilogy had a better ending than this. Such a let down in so many ways 

23 minutes ago, tekering said:

In the final episode of the season, the Jedi in exile faces off against Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel.  The fight somehow results in Vader's helmet being cut open across the faceplate, revealing scarred, white skin and a piercing, yellow eye, and suddenly we hear Anakin's voice, rather than Vader's.  His Jedi opponent is deeply moved by the sight, and ceases the attack.  Vader is able to leave without sustaining further injury.

That's from "Twilight of the Apprentice," the second season finale of Rebels.

7gdikv7ridj81.jpg?auto=webp&s=e1998999ed

I’m glad I didn’t watch the cg toons otherwise I would’ve been more disappointed by this failed show. Did they forget that they already did that…..again 

On 6/17/2022 at 6:42 AM, Roy Focker said:

Prediction ‐ Last episode will feature Reva trying to kill Luke.

Expect dialog such as:

"He's an innocent child!"

"I was innocent too! He took everything from me. Now I will take everything from him too!"

Kid Luke will witness a Light saber fight and will even meet Leia.  Somehow none of this will mess with continuity.

Okay I was half right.

Overall, this series was unneeded and pointless. It was nice to see him as Obi-Wan again. If they're going to do that it should have been Obi-Wan on a quest that is unrelated to the Skywalkers and the Jedi. Hint that he and Vader almost saw each other again but never let it happen. Their final clash means more when the last they fought was almost 20 years ago.

Now the stupid. You'd think there would be some investigation into all of Reva's activities. She had a child kidnapped to lure Obi-Wan and later brought this child to an Imperial base? Who was this child? Let's go pay a visit to Alderaan.  

There's always going to be some continuity issues when you revisit things, but these issues shouldn't break entire movies. When faced with grand continuity errors your solution should be to have all these characters just decided to deal with it later and it slipped their mind.  Especially when some characters are obsessed with destroying all traces of the Jedi. Now that they know Obi-Wan is still active they aren't going to let it go. They could have had Obi-Wan fake his death and that would make more sense. 

I found Obi-Wan goodbye to Leia to be both touching and funny. She's going to grow up to become a hero that defeats the Empire only to mother a monster that's as worst as her own father.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I’m glad I didn’t watch the cg toons otherwise I would’ve been more disappointed by this failed show. Did they forget that they already did that…..again 

You know, you may be onto something Big S. With Disney financing things, it's more commonplace for SW to recycle the good ideas into ho-hum repetition. Focusing just on this series, there was something about Reva's backstory that kept itching at the back of my mind before I realised what it was.

Spoiler

Her's is basically a watered-down retelling of the Second Sister's story (Trilla) from Fallen Order. Sure, some of the details are adjusted so that Reva gets a closer connection to Anakin and Obi-Wan but that notion where she was taken and then turned---it's the same core idea. Alas, the game did a better job making the player more invested in what happened to Second Sister. Reva's Third Sister, being a copy, hardly gets any opportunity to come into her own as a multi-dimensional antagonist. 

It's unfortunate because a silly video game shows how much potential the series could have had if the writing had been on point. 

Edited by technoblue
Reva not Revan -- LoL

I thought it was a solid finale, but a really uneven season. Like with Boba, they brought this amazing legacy character back, and had zero idea what to do with them, also like with Boba, this show never justified it's existence. 

22 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Especially when some characters are obsessed with destroying all traces of the Jedi. Now that they know Obi-Wan is still active they aren't going to let it go.

The final scene with Vader, at least to me, sounded like he was more or less ordered to let him go by Palpatine. :unknw:

18 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The final scene with Vader, at least to me, sounded like he was more or less ordered to let him go by Palpatine. :unknw:

But that in itself makes no sense since the his whole thing was to build a super elaborate plot to rid the galaxy of the Jedi. That literally has been the most important thing to him. The power thing was more of a means to an end with a bit of a hobby once he cleared his main goal 

34 minutes ago, Big s said:

But that in itself makes no sense since the his whole thing was to build a super elaborate plot to rid the galaxy of the Jedi. That literally has been the most important thing to him. The power thing was more of a means to an end with a bit of a hobby once he cleared his main goal 

Exactly it makes no sense character wise for both of them to ignore it. Obi-Wan is alive, he has video game level forces powers, he has access to a network that smuggles Jedi and force sensitives to safety = Threat.

3 hours ago, Big s said:

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Exactly it makes no sense character wise for both of them to ignore it. Obi-Wan is alive, he has video game level forces powers, he has access to a network that smuggles Jedi and force sensitives to safety = Threat.

Remember...it's all about the long game for Palpatine....not just the next movie or TV show....

Ultimately....Palpatine uses Vader to lure Luke in during ROTJ...Palpatine never considered Luke or his ability to turn Vader against him a threat...but making him his next Sithlord was worth the trouble, afterall, Anakin was washed up and in need of replacement....in the grand scheme....Palpatine just needed his apprentices to do his dirty work of keeping his enemies at bay while he worked on perfecting his plan for immortality....

Keeping Vader focused on the one Jedi that he obviously could never beat (or at least by the end of OWK could never beat) was pointless and he wanted Vader to deal with other things instead....like probably the destruction of the "insignificant" rebellion, etc...

Don't forget....good or bad...all these tv series ultimately just lead up to the Sequel Trilogy....where all that is a part of the Skywalker Saga leads to Palpatine's endgame....well, at least as far as we know....at this point we can't say he won't return a third time!

I took the palp scene as he didn’t want him to see him again for the fear of him turning against him. May be a small chance but it was there. I’m not sure how expansive the empire was at this point and maybe didn’t want him taking the chance of being turned or have a large revolution against them. 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

Well said.  And same 

I will say that I did like the final showdown between Obi-wan and Vader. It's the kind of fight we should have gotten at the end of Episode 3, not the stupid lightsaber dancing we got in that stupid movie.

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I will say that I did like the final showdown between Obi-wan and Vader. It's the kind of fight we should have gotten at the end of Episode 3, not the stupid lightsaber dancing we got in that stupid movie.

I liked it until the awkward super force powers. If Jedi were this powerful, how did they lose to clones?

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Agreed. I didn’t hate this final episode and the overall series was just meh. Too many head scratching stupid ideas or breaks in continuity/logic. Mainly Obi-wan and Leia. I absolutely hated the soundtrack and the horrible shaky-cam cinematography. Final battle was pretty cool to me personally.

Chris

1 minute ago, Dobber said:

I absolutely hated the soundtrack and the horrible shaky-cam cinematography.

The soundtrack was extremely forgettable for a star wars entry. And although the shaky cam was excessive, I think it helped to hide the terrible background effects and crappy special effects.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Ultimately....Palpatine uses Vader to lure Luke in during ROTJ...Palpatine never considered Luke or his ability to turn Vader against him a threat...but making him his next Sithlord was worth the trouble, afterall, Anakin was washed up and in need of replacement....

But in Empire he thought Luke was a threat and should never be allowed to become a Jedi. It was Vader who suggested turning Luke to their side.  Then it became the Emperor's idea.

This series ends with Obi-Wan in a position of strength. As far as Palpatine and Vader knows he could be taking steps against and if they followed up on Reva's activities they'd learn about the kids too.

While I'm at it.  You'd think the final cameo would greet Obi-Wan with an apology for guessing wrong abour Anakin being the chosen one.  You were only a Padawan and I asked you to teach this troubled kid to become a Jedi?  My bad.

3 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

But in Empire he thought Luke was a threat and should never be allowed to become a Jedi. It was Vader who suggested turning Luke to their side.  Then it became the Emperor's idea.

This series ends with Obi-Wan in a position of strength. As far as Palpatine and Vader knows he could be taking steps against and if they followed up on Reva's activities they'd learn about the kids too.

While I'm at it.  You'd think the final cameo would greet Obi-Wan with an apology for guessing wrong abour Anakin being the chosen one.  You were only a Padawan and I asked you to teach this troubled kid to become a Jedi?  My bad.

Can't trust anything the Emperor says or does....all that matters is his endgame....he sort of did the same switch in plan at the end of TROS....he began with wanting to transplant his life force, or whatever they were calling it, into Rey....but then the Dyad became a thing....

Let's face it....until we get something truly new (post Skywalker Saga)....we are just marching towards the Sequel Trilogy....so nothing is of any consequence...it's just cool Star Wars imagery....mixed in with lots of garbage writing with a few great moments...

42 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Yeah, qui gon sucked in this as well. 
the Obi show had so many great actors and just wasted them completely. Those writers should be fired for sure after this mess. And I hope for all the actors of this show to find better work elsewhere in projects that can use their talents to their full potential.

15 hours ago, tekering said:

Feels like it was 7 seconds ago actually.

14 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

only to mother a monster that's as worst as her own father.

You don't need to remember the sequels. These are not the Star Wars movies you are looking for.👋