8 hours ago, Mog said:

^^They're idiots that got pwn'ed by anyone with any sort of Jedi Padawan or higher experience.

And this is coming from a guy who absolutely loved Rebels.

Haha! I'm going to need one of those detective boards with a string map connecting all the different times this group pops up. It would be convenient if those final scenes in Rebels are the last time they show up. However, it does seem like the Inquisitors are used more as a plot device (to help Vader vanquish Jedi in hiding) and are rarely, if ever, given any character depth. I wouldn't be surprised if the SW creative teams lean into this plot device again.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I enjoyed this last episode more than the previous episodes. I liked Vaders Starkiller move. But with one episode to go, I'm afraid Obi Wan still isn't the best series they've done..

Catching a ship on take off seems a bit too much for me. I know Rey tried it and it caused a kaboom. I just think that giving the Jedi and Sith these ridiculous powers brings thing closer to Dbz. Soon they’re just gonna fling a planet here and there.

and why if he’s so strong couldn’t he catch the other one?

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Catching a ship on take off seems a bit too much for me. I know Rey tried it and it caused a kaboom. I just think that giving the Jedi and Sith these ridiculous powers brings thing closer to Dbz. Soon they’re just gonna fling a planet here and there.

As i mentioned it with the Starkiller reference. It's already been done and an established ability. Though SK's was even more over the top, admittedly. But going from pulling down a small starship to flinging planets is rather an exaggerated stretch. 

7 hours ago, Big s said:

Just more product placement.......Vader does a similar move during one of the several possible scenes on the Star Tours ride at the Disney Parks.....so nothing new....wasn't new even when Rey did it.....you'd think Vader would know that the move never works! LOL

Spoiler

In ANH, why didn't Vader just nab Luke's X-wing and fling it into the side of the trench?

In ESB, why didn't Vader just block Luke's lightsaber blows with the farce then disarm him as easily as he did to Reva?

And so on.

Lucasfilm needs to license the de-aging tech from Marvel.

So finally got around to watching episode 5, again, just more boneheaded writing that pays no respect to the characters as we know them from the films and other media...

I guess it was Bail's turn to have his character destroyed (some more) in this episode.  We are to believe that the biggest kept secret in the galaxy was openly disclosed on some holo-message " space phone"...including openly used names, no attempt at hiding anything....and that even as Bail fears that Obi Wan has been captured or failed in retrieving his daughter....he still compromises their safety and the security of said "best (worst) kept secret in the galaxy" by apparently sending this message, unencrypted, or at minimum not using "real" names...and finally, in a way that the message would not be playable by anyone other than Obi Wan.

To make matters even worse, Obi Wan decides to give this unencrypted "space phone" to a known con-man/opportunist in the hopes that he won't "sell-out"?  Well, at least we didn't get the chance to find out he was DJ's dad....

And I won't even ask why Vader and the stubby headed Grand Inquisitor spared Third Sista's life...or how he came back....but then again, coming back from certain death is now expected in Star Wars......as Luke says in TLJ...."no one's ever really gone"

Disney=anakin ie too pre-occupied with $$...

Urgh had to use the force to sit through and watch....

Dont think i may be able to sit thru any more if it continues like this...maybe just read the re-caps next time... 

lazy a** writing...

edit: just found out that the final episode is next week!! Ok torture will end too!

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Yes, it's too bad they can't bring in Din Jarin to save the show , like they did for The Book of BoBa . 😆

It's too bad they have to bring in another character to save the show, like they had to for The Book of Boba🤕

Still, as poorly as they've handled Obi-Wan, they haven't screwed up his legacy half as much as they desecrated Boba Fett... 😒

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So finally got around to watching episode 5, again, just more boneheaded writing that pays no respect to the characters as we know them from the films and other media...

I guess it was Bail's turn to have his character destroyed (some more) in this episode.  We are to believe that the biggest kept secret in the galaxy was openly disclosed on some holo-message " space phone"...including openly used names, no attempt at hiding anything....and that even as Bail fears that Obi Wan has been captured or failed in retrieving his daughter....he still compromises their safety and the security of said "best (worst) kept secret in the galaxy" by apparently sending this message, unencrypted, or at minimum not using "real" names...and finally, in a way that the message would not be playable by anyone other than Obi Wan.

To make matters even worse, Obi Wan decides to give this unencrypted "space phone" to a known con-man/opportunist in the hopes that he won't "sell-out"?  Well, at least we didn't get the chance to find out he was DJ's dad....

Or Obi-Wan immediately deleting a potentially compromising message after he receives it.  He was a General, COMSEC isn't rocket science.  Unfortunately outside of the Mandalorian, The Disney Star Wars series have all the hallmarks of being written by a Jar Jar Abrams committee.  "hey wouldn't it be cool....."

They need someone in the writer’s room to say, “Nah, that’s stupid.  Let’s rework that idea.” or “Maybe we should NOT have three ‘We need to rescue Leia incidents’ back-to-back-to-back.”

5 hours ago, Mog said:

They need someone in the writer’s room to say, “Nah, that’s stupid.  Let’s rework that idea.” or “Maybe we should NOT have three ‘We need to rescue Leia incidents’ back-to-back-to-back.”

I agree

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Episode 5 was a step up. Was interesting at least. Hoping for a big finale. 

I also agree with this but through the lens of Mog’s quote. They have some decent ideas but they are either usually surrounded by or padded with bad ones. Or the execution of the good idea is just bad ie crappy effects, music, cinematography etc. 

Chris

Prediction ‐ Last episode will feature Reva trying to kill Luke.

Expect dialog such as:

"He's an innocent child!"

"I was innocent too! He took everything from me. Now I will take everything from him too!"

Kid Luke will witness a Light saber fight and will even meet Leia.  Somehow none of this will mess with continuity.

9 hours ago, Mog said:

This is the major problem I have had with the last two series.  Apparently no one saw the dailies and said, "um we can't publish this as Star Wars, it looks ridiculous".  Somewhere along the way Disney decided that Star Wars needed the Marvel treatment, and since then we've had forced humor, silly writing, and questionable casting/direction.  I won't ride the acting to hard as it's evident some of these people have great works in their past.  Add in child actors, and it's like the writers watched episode 1 and decided that instead of taking it's structure and issues as a cautionary tale, they thought this was the formula for Star Wars. 

Edit: meant to say, Star Wars is best when it's treated as High Fantasy, like the Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings.  It can have humor, (and personally I still think Jackson went overboard with the Dwarf jokes), but it has to be treated respectfully and realistically.  Having silly characters that no actual person would believe or take seriously, and then having the characters treat them in a serious manner just comes off stupid.  Like the fake Jedi in episode 2 of Kenobi.  

Edited by levzloi

Much like TPM and AOTC, there’s some good ideas there.  But it’s muddied by the execution, what they chose to focus on, and how they plotted it out.

It seems like there’s three (or four) things they need to do to wrap up this story, based on what’s been shown so far:

1) Qui-Gon appearance to either grow Obi or to show that he’s now ready to be trained (for his ANH ascension).

2) Obi-Vader face off of some sort (to tie back to the whole learner-master speech Vader pops off in ANH).

3) Saving Luke from Reva.

4) Reuniting Leia with Bail.

Unless it’s a longer episode, that’s a lot to try to cover in the finale and allow each element time to “breath.”

That's the other thing I don't get....Qui Gon has never communicated with Obi Wan or stopped doing so?

Also, regarding Leia's pet robot....the writers must have just copied the "red" eyes shtick from TROS....because apparently their audience is too dumb to figure out that robots can't be bad if their optics aren't red?

OK....I'll ask this too....why was that access panel only small enough for Leia?  Was that hangar built by Ugnauts?.....guess that's good job security for when things break down and only certain sized species can fix things....lol.....or elementary aged mechanical maintenance pros!

4 hours ago, levzloi said:

Somewhere along the way Disney decided that Star Wars needed the Marvel treatment, and since then we've had forced humor, silly writing, and questionable casting/direction.

It must have first happened during the production of the Last Jedi. There are some interesting ideas in that movie. It also starts with humor more in the spirit of a Marvel movie. The first version of Justice League that came out was heavily influenced by the tone of the MCU. These others project suffer when they try to make them feel like a Marvel movie and trade making a good story for a chance to promote the next spinoff series.  Sometimes they can make a winner like the 1st season of the Mandalorian. Even then they'll screw it up by later focusing too much on a few elements that the public enjoyed. 

7 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

It must have first happened during the production of the Last Jedi. There are some interesting ideas in that movie. It also starts with humor more in the spirit of a Marvel movie. The first version of Justice League that came out was heavily influenced by the tone of the MCU. These others project suffer when they try to make them feel like a Marvel movie and trade making a good story for a chance to promote the next spinoff series.  Sometimes they can make a winner like the 1st season of the Mandalorian. Even then they'll screw it up by later focusing too much on a few elements that the public enjoyed. 

In my opinion it started in The Force Awakens, Finn's goofy nature just felt off.  Watch his interactions with Poe after Finn rescues him, and his interactions with BB8 and Rey after they leave Jaku.  He doesn't feel like a traumatized child soldier, he just feels like an idiot.  And it's very obvious that John Boyega can act, so this must have been the performance they were after. 

They should just reveal at the end that Vader knew all along about Luke and Leia because at this point...why not?

They can then do a soft retcon by disclosing that Vader was holding this info as his ace card for usurping the Emperor, when the time was right to turn them both to the dark side....would explain why he didn't interfere with their upbringing or went back to check on them....so no child support or parental duties...lol....also would tie in with his comments to Luke during their ESB duel about destroying the Emperor and ruling the galaxy as father and son.....it's all about the long game! :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

That's the other thing I don't get....Qui Gon has never communicated with Obi Wan or stopped doing so?

Obi Wan needed to learn how to speak with those that have passed on, Yoda mentions that at the end of episode 3.  He is shown practicing (or trying) once or twice in the series.  I'm guessing the last scene (or near the last scene) will be him succeeding in doing so.

Once again this breaks continuity a bit, Luke is able to hear Obi Wan without any training on how to do so.  

Edited by Dynaman

3 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Obi Wan needed to learn how to speak with those that have passed on, Yoda mentions that at the end of episode 3.  He is shown practicing (or trying) once or twice in the series.  I'm guessing the last scene (or near the last scene) will be him succeeding in doing so.

Once again this breaks continuity a bit, Luke is able to hear Obi Wan without any training on how to do so.  

Not only that...but it was Qui Gon that contacted Yoda in the first place, so it could be that Force Ghost can appear at will to whoever they need to...so that just makes Obi Wan's predicament worse....pretty sure the whole Qui Gon back from the dead thing started at the end of the Clone Wars series...and culminated with Yoda telling Obi Wan that he would teach him how to commune with Qui Gon while in hiding....so wth happened?

I don’t know about the mcu really being that much of an influence here. Star Wars has always been goofy. If anything Star Wars probably influenced the mcu into being more lighthearted. Just the goofiness in this show seems over the top and really out of place when they use it

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I don’t know about the mcu really being that much of an influence here. Star Wars has always been goofy. If anything Star Wars probably influenced the mcu into being more lighthearted. Just the goofiness in this show seems over the top and really out of place when they use it

That’s the problem, it doesn’t fit.  C-3PO can be obnoxious oblivious and prudish, because he’s a droid, and he’s programmed that way, but nobody takes him seriously, except maybe the Ewoks, and that’s a whole other conversation.