4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Inquisitors - I see Vader sitting around in his castle and when one of them reports a Jedi (by dying) he comes out to their last position and hunts the Jedi down.  

I don’t watch the cartoons, but the one Jedi they did find on Tatooine, they took care of without even contacting Vader. I think they only report to him over important issues like when they murder their own boss and need a replacement again

9 hours ago, Big s said:

I don’t watch the cartoons, but the one Jedi they did find on Tatooine, they took care of without even contacting Vader. I think they only report to him over important issues like when they murder their own boss and need a replacement again

But they couldn't even take on the Rebels crew.  One half trained Jedi and one with talent and no training.  Granted that was the cartoon but even the one they killed was hardly much of a Jedi.  

Edited by Dynaman

37 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Maybe the second half will be better than the first half, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Watch Andor will appear in the 2nd half and hijack the show from Obi-Wan to promote his series just like Mando did with Fett.  

As i said before, I expected more cameos. Which may or may not hijack the show.  Ewan's presence as Obi Wan is hard to high jack, even with questionable writing.  We can go back and forth all day about why this and why that. I'm just gonna sit back and watch. And that includes the other forthcoming shows and seasons. 

On 6/5/2022 at 12:51 AM, Mog said:

But could have swore the Stormie’s infamous poor aim missed completely.

"And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise." Obi Wan Kenobie.

Imagine the SW franchise if the elite Stormtroopers of the glorious Galactic Empire were never ordered to miss.🤨

A bit torn on this show after three episodes. I sort of like it, but on the other hand I am not fond of how they have gone with the cliché broken hero storyline.

At the end of Episode 3 I got the impression that despite of what just transpired across the galaxy, Obi Wan was still very focused and ready to continue the Jedi cause, even if it meant the campaign to fight back would be of a very different nature going forward.

Always thought that in the intervening years he would not just hang out on Tattoine, but would go to places and if necessary from the shadows give a helping hand to make sure things fall into place for the rebels without exposing himself to anybody.

8 hours ago, lechuck said:

A bit torn on this show after three episodes. I sort of like it, but on the other hand I am not fond of how they have gone with the cliché broken hero storyline.

At the end of Episode 3 I got the impression that despite of what just transpired across the galaxy, Obi Wan was still very focused and ready to continue the Jedi cause, even if it meant the campaign to fight back would be of a very different nature going forward.

Always thought that in the intervening years he would not just hang out on Tattoine, but would go to places and if necessary from the shadows give a helping hand to make sure things fall into place for the rebels without exposing himself to anybody.

I think a lot of us kinda figured he’d help others instead of being Obi weeny 

4 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Star Wars Hunters could be interesting if its the OT bounty hunters.

But why is there no Star Wars Stormtrooper, Star Wars TIE Fighter, Star Wars AT-AT or Star Wars Royal Guard?🙃

They didn’t do royal guard because other than look amazing, they only really slowly walked in or out of rooms. Then again it would be pretty hard to ruin their backstory 

13 minutes ago, Big s said:

They didn’t do royal guard because other than look amazing, they only really slowly walked in or out of rooms. Then again it would be pretty hard to ruin their backstory 

I take it you never read Crimson Empire then?

Aside from that story, the old Imperial Sourcebook had them being recruited from the best of the Stormtrooper Legions, which in that tome were elite troops sent in to deal with the most formidable resistance (cannon fodder being the Imperial Army troopers). They were required to rotate between guarding the Emperor and serving in the field. That I think opens it up to be somewhat less than boring.

Edited by Podtastic

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

I take it you never read Crimson Empire then?

Aside from that story, the old Imperial Sourcebook had them being recruited from the best of the Stormtrooper Legions, which in that tome were elite troops sent in to deal with the most formidable resistance (cannon fodder being the Imperial Army troopers). They were required to rotate between guarding the Emperor and serving in the field. That I think opens it up to be somewhat less than boring.

I think the only comic I read was shadows of the empire. The only cartoons I watched were the 2d clone wars ones on Cartoon Network and the old droids and Ewoks Saturday morning cartoons. I guess there was also visions and the boba Fett thing in that goofy holiday special.

I also have never touched the novel’s, but did look through some source material decades ago that pertained to the table top game.

mostly just the live action stuff.

5 hours ago, Big s said:

I think the only comic I read was shadows of the empire. The only cartoons I watched were the 2d clone wars ones on Cartoon Network and the old droids and Ewoks Saturday morning cartoons. I guess there was also visions and the boba Fett thing in that goofy holiday special.

I also have never touched the novel’s, but did look through some source material decades ago that pertained to the table top game.

mostly just the live action stuff.

Well in Crimson Empire they undergo special training and the Emperor handpicks his guard from amongst them. In order to be selected to serve the emperor each has to perform an act of supreme betrayal to prove jhis absolute loyalty.

In one scene a single one of them, the protagonist Kir Kanos, slaughtered myriads of attacking stormtroopers and even brought down a Tie Fighter with just melee weapons and small arms.

Edited by Podtastic

10 hours ago, Podtastic said:

In order to be selected to serve the emperor each has to perform an act of supreme betrayal to prove jhis absolute loyalty.

That sounds like a really bad idea.

Watched the fourth episode and it was kinda ok for the most part, which is better than just another bad episode. Storm trooper armor seems very inconsistent. Sometimes a slap works well and other times it takes several hits with a light saber. I was also a little under the weather and the drunken cameras at the beginning we’re making me feel like I was gonna lose my dinner, but that’s probably not their fault 

9 minutes ago, Big s said:

Watched the fourth episode and it was kinda ok for the most part, which is better than just another bad episode.

The fourth episode was a distinct improvement; still a whole lot of inane stupidity on display, but at least it's the bad guys being dumb and not the good guys this time. 😑

54 minutes ago, tekering said:

The fourth episode was a distinct improvement; still a whole lot of inane stupidity on display, but at least it's the bad guys being dumb and not the good guys this time. 😑

It is kinda weird that just being ok is an improvement, but I’ll take it. Not a lot to complain about and not much to praise either. 2 episodes left and maybe there’s hope.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

That sounds like a really bad idea.

It is. They are trained in pairs. They form close bonds as men who go through intense hardship together do. But only one of the pair is selected, after he kills the other. How it turns out in the long run is dependent on how indoctrinated the participants are.

Episode 4 was pretty much the rescue and escape from Episode IV a New Hope.  Leia is able to defend against Vader's interrogation because she already experienced the Imperial treatment in this episode.  Vader learned be crafty because of what he learned here.

After this series Leia should be on the Empire's version of the FBI watch list.  Her role in the Rebellion prior to the movie would be impossible as the Empire knows she has a history with rebel movements since she was 10 years old. They would be watching her every move.

A good ep with some nice action. Cool seeing Obi-Wan really using a lightsaber again, if only against storm troopers and droids. The scene where he rescues Leia was very good.

But...

49 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

...snip

After this series Leia should be on the Empire's version of the FBI watch list.  Her role in the Rebellion prior to the movie would be impossible as the Empire knows she has a history with rebel movements since she was 10 years old. They would be watching her every move.

...yes. Unless they contrive some way to hide that she is Force sensitive by the finale, then Leia should be being watched from now on. Or just 'disappeared.' The only way I can see them hiding this is for Reva not to have said anything, and for her to switch, but at two episodes left there is not much room to work in the reasons and to do it in any way than as a sudden shift. OR she dies fighting Kenobi without having told anyone, which seems just as implausible for the character.

58 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Episode 4 was pretty much the rescue and escape from Episode IV a New Hope.  Leia is able to defend against Vader's interrogation because she already experienced the Imperial treatment in this episode.  Vader learned be crafty because of what he learned here.

Yeah, this show is a mistake for the most part as is any of the stories that are back stories. At least this episode Obi acted like a hero for once.

8 minutes ago, Thom said:

Cool seeing Obi-Wan really using a lightsaber again, if only against storm troopers and droids. The scene where he rescues Leia was very good.

I still think it was odd how many hits those storm troopers took from a lightsaber.

12 minutes ago, Thom said:

...yes. Unless they contrive some way to hide that she is Force sensitive by the finale, then Leia should be being watched from now on.

They have showed characters who are resistant to Jedi Mind Tricks that also showed no affinity for using the Force in the past.

So Leia being able to resist the interrogation doesn’t necessarily mean they can automatically assume she’s Force sensitive.

But yeah, she should totally be on the Imperial watch list after everything that happened here.

This show really sucks.

Spoiler

Ben got his Jedi mojo back after only one soak in the bacta tank? Even Boba Fett needed a few soaks to for his nasty sunburn.

The writers have no idea how water works. And this underwater base clearly does not have watertight doors.

"I put a tracker on their ship." What ship? They escaped at the last minute on a snowspeeder that showed up at the last minute.

And when did snowspeeders have hyperdrives? Why are we supposed to be sad about Wade?

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

This show really sucks.

Hide contents

Ben got his Jedi mojo back after only one soak in the bacta tank? Even Boba Fett needed a few soaks to for his nasty sunburn.

The writers have no idea how water works. And this underwater base clearly does not have watertight doors.

"I put a tracker on their ship." What ship? They escaped at the last minute on a snowspeeder that showed up at the last minute.

And when did snowspeeders have hyperdrives? Why are we supposed to be sad about Wade?

Spoiler

RIP Wade. We had so much back story to this character. He will be greatly missed. His glorious adventures over the years that will be written about in a comic or video game or some other entry no one will know about until a super nerd mentions it.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

This show really sucks.

Hide contents

Could’ve swore

Spoiler

the snowspeeder flew into a bigger ship before leaving the planet. :unknw: