11 hours ago, Bolt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I would imagine Vaders identity would be quite a secret. Like who's privy to this info, within the empire? I'm even surprised the inquisitor knows. Or is she an exception? 

Hearing of Vaders existence is one thing, knowing his identity his another.

Obi Wan knows Anakin is Darth Vader, he and Yoda were reviewing the attack footage during a scene in ROTS...

12 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Obi Wan knows Anakin is Darth Vader, he and Yoda were reviewing the attack footage during a scene in ROTS...

Knowing he stormed the temple, and that he is Darth Vader, again, are two separate things.  The aspect of this that I have a problem with is the idea that all the inquisitors know who he is.  It seems that his original identity was a tightly held secret, and yet it’s shared with these selfish and apparently untrustworthy individuals.   

17 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Good point there , bruv. Ole Georgie was being too thorough, as we know Obi Wan is well aware of who Vader is by the time of ANH.

2 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Knowing he stormed the temple, and that he is Darth Vader, again, are two separate things.  The aspect of this that I have a problem with is the idea that all the inquisitors know who he is.  It seems that his original identity was a tightly held secret, and yet it’s shared with these selfish and apparently untrustworthy individuals.   

It certainly looks like the cat is completely out of the bag, right away, with this series. But maybe 3rd sister is one of the few privy to this info..🤷

41 minutes ago, Bolt said:

It certainly looks like the cat is completely out of the bag, right away, with this series.

And yet, Ahsoka doesn't learn Vader's identity until years later...

1 hour ago, levzloi said:

Knowing he stormed the temple, and that he is Darth Vader, again, are two separate things.  

Agreed, but the only thing that matters is that he already knows that Anakin is Darth Vader....this is why the scene in OWK that eludes to Obi Wan being in shock of the news that Anakin is still alive seems far fetched....basically in the 10 years since he last interacted with Anakin, he has heard nothing about Darth Vader causing havoc across the galaxy?....Bail, the only guy that knows his whereabouts didn't bother to tell Obi Wan that Anakin/Vader survived his encounter on Mustafar?  There has been no encounters with Vader documented by Rebel intelligence? The entire Senate doesn't know of the Emperor's right hand man?

Just wondering if things will get retconned or if this will just be ignored?

Obi and Yoda went into hiding.

Seriously doubt Bail’s just randomly dropping off news to Obi.  After ROTS, they probably all know to keep the kids safe and keep a low profile (well except for the Galactic Senator).

Makes sense that Bail would only contact Obi for only the most dire of circumstances and doubt Bail’s in the know about Vader’s true identity.

Even if grumblings about a former Jedi hunting and slaughtering his own kind makes it all the way to backwoods Tattooine, I don’t think Obi’s in the right state of mind to fully process it.

He clearly hasn’t heard squat from Qui-Gon in 10 years, still has massive hurt from “killing” Anakin and seeing Padme die, and has a mission that forces him to lay low and not draw attention to himself.

Bail likely knew the importance of the "radio-silence"-rule. Any comm traffic to Obi-wan or Yoda could be traced. Whether or not Bail knew Vader was alive was inconsequential to keeping the twins safe. Heck, the less Bail saw of Vader, the better.

The running theory is Vader only came out when needed. His appearance was more mythical with the Inquisitors doing most of the hunting while Vader only came out against the tougher Jedi or when they failed. The Imperial Army only saw him when they needed "motivation" or a matters of importance to Vader or the Emperor. I would imagine Vader spent more time in the Bacta tank than we thought, especially during the first years after ROTS.

The surviving Jedi went to ground after Order 66. Cal Kestis (Junk guild scavanger), Obi-wan (meat processing plant), Kanan Jarrus (cargo hauling/smuggling), they all likely took meaningless jobs and kept a low-profile. Forged chain-codes, no Holonet presence, no name to property, etc.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Agreed, but the only thing that matters is that he already knows that Anakin is Darth Vader....this is why the scene in OWK that eludes to Obi Wan being in shock of the news that Anakin is still alive seems far fetched....basically in the 10 years since he last interacted with Anakin, he has heard nothing about Darth Vader causing havoc across the galaxy?....Bail, the only guy that knows his whereabouts didn't bother to tell Obi Wan that Anakin/Vader survived his encounter on Mustafar?  There has been no encounters with Vader documented by Rebel intelligence? The entire Senate doesn't know of the Emperor's right hand man?

Just wondering if things will get retconned or if this will just be ignored?

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Obi and Yoda went into hiding.

Seriously doubt Bail’s just randomly dropping off news to Obi.  After ROTS, they probably all know to keep the kids safe and keep a low profile (well except for the Galactic Senator).

Makes sense that Bail would only contact Obi for only the most dire of circumstances and doubt Bail’s in the know about Vader’s true identity.

Even if grumblings about a former Jedi hunting and slaughtering his own kind makes it all the way to backwoods Tattooine, I don’t think Obi’s in the right state of mind to fully process it.

He clearly hasn’t heard squat from Qui-Gon in 10 years, still has massive hurt from “killing” Anakin and seeing Padme die, and has a mission that forces him to lay low and not draw attention to himself.

36 minutes ago, azrael said:

Bail likely knew the importance of the "radio-silence"-rule. Any comm traffic to Obi-wan or Yoda could be traced. Whether or not Bail knew Vader was alive was inconsequential to keeping the twins safe. Heck, the less Bail saw of Vader, the better.

The running theory is Vader only came out when needed. His appearance was more mythical with the Inquisitors doing most of the hunting while Vader only came out against the tougher Jedi or when they failed. The Imperial Army only saw him when they needed "motivation" or a matters of importance to Vader or the Emperor. I would imagine Vader spent more time in the Bacta tank than we thought, especially during the first years after ROTS.

The surviving Jedi went to ground after Order 66. Cal Kestis (Junk guild scavanger), Obi-wan (meat processing plant), Kanan Jarrus (cargo hauling/smuggling), they all likely took meaningless jobs and kept a low-profile. Forged chain-codes, no Holonet presence.

Again, Knowing that Vader exists, and knowing that he is Anakin Skywalker are two separate things that up to this point in the shows and mythology had been treated as either no widely known, or possibly a carefully guarded secret.  Obviously Obi-wan knew who and what he was by the time of ANH, both in his statements to Luke, and to Vader himself, but when he learned this was unknown.  Kanan recognized Vader as a Sith Lord and nothing more, As noted above, Ashoka had no idea Anakin had survived, until she was in his presence and the revelation was quite a shock, even after this she refused to revel the truth to Kanen or Ezra.  Cere (Jedi Fallen Order) refered to him as a "Shadow", and obviously Cal had no idea who he was.   Also If Bail had been aware of his identity he also did not share it with Ashoka.  In the eyes of the Galaxy Anakin Skywalker, after siding with the Emperor (not clear if this is common knowledge), was either killed with the rest of the Jedi, or died on Mustafar.  Then Darth Vader, the Emperors shadowy apprentice/enforcer appeared.  I haven't read the Tarkin novels, so I'm not sure if Tarkin actually knew or not (implied by "you are all that is left of that old religion"), but it has been made very clear that Vader=Akakin was not common knowledge.   The idea that the inquisitors, Vader's disposable enforcers, would be trusted with such knowledge is surprising, and in my personal opinion, weak writing.  Obi-Wan should have figured it out another way, perhaps overhearing him or observing him. 

Edit: ok, I watched the clip, and I had forgotten that the emperor does in fact refer to Anakin as Lord Vader.  So Obi-wan does know that Vader=Anakin, however as pointed out by others above, he appears to believe he killed Anakin on Mustafar, and on the backwater of Tatooine, he's unlikely to have heard anything more than vauge rumors of a black clad enforcer for the emperor.  Darth Vader's existence has been established as not common knowledge. 

Edited by levzloi

I'm thinking Reva knowing Anakin is Vader will be incredibly circumstantial. I'm guessing she was a youngling at the temple when 66 went down, obviously knew of and had seen the great Anakin and Obi-Wan, and while the attack is happening sees "Anakin" on his holo answering The Emperor or a clone commander as Vader. Then, sometime later, Vader makes his appearance proper, in armor. 

I'm wondering if anyone else, Vader included, knows that she knows the truth.

I wonder if Reva’s obsession with Obi-wan is more personal than just wanting  acceptance and praise. 

Spoiler

The last trailer showed her deflecting gunfire while at the Inquisitor Citadel with stormtroopers pointing guns at someone. That’s where I’m guessing the Grand Inquisitor returns and has her arrested only for her escape. I’m leaning heavily towards Vader striking her down because, well, she was warned Obi-Wan isn’t her’s to hunt. 

Watched the first couple of episodes. I'm not a huge Star Wars nut, so I'm not terribly concerned with all the background lore. But there was something in episode 2 that was just so stupid that I couldn't ignore.

Spoiler

Why the hell does Kumail go to "slow down" crazy inquisitor chick? She had no idea where Obi-wan was at the time, so what was he "slowing her down" from? He was essentially risking his life for nothing and by confronting her like that, all he managed to do was give away Obi-wan's position.

The writers could have come up with a better way for her to track down Obi-wan. This just smacks of obvious contrivance writing.

Edited by Lolicon
spelling

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Watched the first couple of episodes. I'm not a huge Star Wars nut, so I'm not terribly concerned with all the background lore. But there was something in episode 2 that was just so stupid that I couldn't ignore.

Reveal hidden contents

Why the hell does Kumail go to "slow down" crazy inquisitor chick? She had no idea where Obi-wan was at the time, so what was he "slowing her down" from? He was essentially risking his life for nothing and by confronting her like that, all he managed to do was give away Obi-wan's position.

The writers could have come up with a better way for her to track down Obi-wan. This just smacks of obvious contrivance writing.

I'm not saying it was done well or it couldn't have been done better but this was my take...

Spoiler

Kumail and the kid that he has working for him are running a scam on planet---that much is out in the open. What's unknown is where he sends the people he is "helping". It's a dark thought, but I have to wonder if Kumail is working as the front man for something more sinister.

For instance, what if that mother and her son didn't get to their promised place of shelter on Coruscant but were sent somewhere else? Is Kumail's gambit one to profit from trafficking people with force sensitivities? That would put him square into the chaotic neutral character archetype. 

In any case, once Kumail and his sidekick learned they had been talking to Obi-wan, and that a huge bounty had been placed on him, they set up a new scheme to capture him and the Princess and send them to some destination off world. When he went to slow down Third Sister, I don't think he was doing it for Obi-wan or Leia's sake but in order to protect his asset. Kumail knows these two are valuable and I think he wants to hold onto them so that he can get as much money as he can as a reward or bounty---whatever is priced higher.

24 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Videos like the ones from auralnauts or the fan made X-Wing battle can be posted here.

I do NOT see auralnauts being a Disney thing. ALL of the stuff auralnauts has done is very College-themed (and rightfully, hilarious so)

• azrael changed the title to Star Wars Disney+ limited TV Series and shorts
  • sh9000 changed the title to Star Wars Disney+ TV Series
11 hours ago, TehPW said:

I do NOT see auralnauts being a Disney thing. ALL of the stuff auralnauts has done is very College-themed (and rightfully, hilarious so)

But if it’s on the subject of the Disney Star Wars stuff like when they have some fun with things connected to the shows, I think that’s fine. Sort of like if someone were to add something like an honest trailer, pitch meeting or a silly meme.

if you can’t have a bit of fun with these shows good or bad, then these would just be people nitpicking the details. And there should be a little break here and there to keep things friendly

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The posters have the good side with Darth Vader in their eye and the bad side with Obi-Wan in their eye.  Maybe Reva will switch sides.

I believe she may switch sides. But she will die , either way.  Most likely by lightsaber.

Edited by Bolt

• azrael changed the title to Star Wars Disney+ limited TV Series

Fan Service.

Good fan service.

Still, it was fan service and when you look past the cool stuff it doesn't make sense. Didn't these characters say these words in Episode whatever of the original trilogy? This doesn't match what's happening here.  Are we doing a retcon or is this series going to end with everybody hitting their heads and selectively forgetting things? 

Spoiler

The cool thing about this first Vader v Kenobi encounter (there has to be at least one more before the last episode, right? Right?!?)  was how completely unprepared Obi Wan was....which becomes the complete opposite by the time they both "meet again" in ANH.  By then, Obi Wan's path was clear to him and he knew exactly how that final encounter had to go.

As usual, the "villian" wastes time toying with his enemy and explains what he is going to do....Vader could have just snapped his neck and that would be it....Vader would have captured Leia, felt the Force in her and eventually find out she was his daughter.....they would have eventually overthrown the Emperor and we would have been spared the "current" sequel trilogy.....

This episode was a bit better than the last couple, but the ending of the fight was stupid. The fact that force powers work well for a barbecue cookout, but then get nullified by fire is just bad writing. At least the kit wasn’t as horrible this time and there wasn’t a lot of turd sister stupidity. Hopefully this show gets better, because so far it’s the worst of the star wars live action tv shows.

Spoiler

Vader wants him alive so he can burn him nice and slowly. The whole "I want you to feel everything I felt when you left me to die"-deal.

Obi-wan wasn't ready for Vader this time. It wasn't even a real fight. Once Vader could see Obi-wan was on defense and running, he switched from kill to play. Obi-wan be ready next time and probably have a plan (probably fake-his-death again), which will then lead to ANH

Fascinating name drop in this episode.

6 hours ago, azrael said:
  Hide contents

Vader wants him alive so he can burn him nice and slowly. The whole "I want you to feel everything I felt when you left me to die"-deal.

Obi-wan wasn't ready for Vader this time. It wasn't even a real fight. Once Vader could see Obi-wan was on defense and running, he switched from kill to play. Obi-wan be ready next time and probably have a plan (probably fake-his-death again), which will then lead to ANH

Fascinating name drop in this episode.

I've actually wondered if that is the mystery man in the tank in the Jedi Survivor trailer.  No dreads though. 

I'm liking it. I'm a little leery or prequels, mainly because I know where the characters are already going, but this is pretty good. Has some good drama and action and I'm liking the interplay between the characters.

Spoiler

It is playing a little loose with canon, as now Leia will have strong, fond memories of Kenobi, rather than him just being someone who fought with her father in the Clone Wars.

As for Ben not knowing Anakin was still alive, he's been in seclusion on a desert planet, busy butchering meat for ten years. And considering how he turned away that Jedi at the beginning, he was nowhere near being in the fight again. So I can accept that he's ignored everything that didn't have to do with keeping Luke safe, I mean they showed his routine for the last decade pretty completely, and none of it consisted of risking regular comm contact with the wider universe.

And the Inquisitors... They do disappoint. I mean, Reva is the only one who is really looking for answers and willing to do anything to get them. The others tended to hold back for some wishy-washy reason. It's not like any local authority would be able to stop them or hold them accountable, and seeing as they are hunting the Empire's most potent enemy, they should be stopping at nothing in order to find the Jedi, esp Kenobi.

And no, I really hope she does not switch sides. Keep her bad. Keep her evil. Tell us how she got to this point after surviving as a youngling during 66, but let her die as a terrible person. She's someone who I want to cheer at when she dies.