I don't have much hope for this series.  I do think it's great to see him back in the role.  I rather they didn't include all these cartoon characters.  If you're a fan of them I guess that's cool but I want to see threats created for this story.  Threats that you know could die during the show.  Already know Obi-Wan is going to make through the series.  Any fight he has with a cartoon character won't have much impact as both will live to fight another day.

I'm afraid they'll also pull a book of Boba Fett in this show.  We'll get an entire episode where Obi-Wan doesn't even show up.  Instead we'll see Boba Fett and Cade Bane rescue baby Yoda from Darth Vader.  

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

I rather they didn't include all these cartoon characters.  If you're a fan of them I guess that's cool but I want to see threats created for this story. 

Inquisitors make the most sense, what other threat could there be? Inquisitors were established in Rebels and the fantastic game Jedi: Fallen Order, they are a major threat in this time period and make the most sense. I'd honestly be disappointed if Inquisitors didn't show up, to me, that wouldn't make any sense, there's zero chance Obi-Wan didn't run into a single one of them between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. ANY jedi in this time period would have to have come across one at one time or another, they are literally the Empire's main jedi hunters, trained by Vader, Vader can't hunt them all down himself. Whether people like it or not, or watched them or not, Rebels, Clone Wars, Jedi: Fallen Order are all canon and integral parts of the Star Wars story, I absolutely love seeing their influence and creations running into the more mainstream stuff. 

The various Inquisitors were created to be villains for the good guys in Rebels.  Great bad guys are ones that are specifically designed for your hero. In Star Trek for example Q is designed to be Picard's bad guy.  Q has made guest appearances in the other Star Trek shows but he works best when paired with Picard.  Batman's arch enemy is the Joker and Superman has Lex Luthor.  They could trade enemies but, it just wouldn't feel right.  If Obi-Wan has interactions with them it just won't have a much meaning as they had with the characters from Rebels.  If Obi-Wan interactions with them are violent there's no room for surprise.  They're guest star villains.  Their destiny is to have a beef with and be defeated by the characters from Rebels.  I want Obi-Wan to face threats that are custom made for him.  Not ones that were made for others.

31 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

The various Inquisitors were created to be villains for the good guys in Rebels.  Great bad guys are ones that are specifically designed for your hero. In Star Trek for example Q is designed to be Picard's bad guy.  Q has made guest appearances in the other Star Trek shows but he works best when paired with Picard.  Batman's arch enemy is the Joker and Superman has Lex Luthor.  They could trade enemies but, it just wouldn't feel right.  If Obi-Wan has interactions with them it just won't have a much meaning as they had with the characters from Rebels.  If Obi-Wan interactions with them are violent there's no room for surprise.  They're guest star villains.  Their destiny is to have a beef with and be defeated by the characters from Rebels.  I want Obi-Wan to face threats that are custom made for him.  Not ones that were made for others.

The Inquisitors are jedi villains period though, they just appeared first on Rebels, there's quite a few Inquisitors, not all were featured and defeated on Rebels. As I mentioned, they're the main villains in the Jedi: Fallen Order video game as well, they're the villains of the jedi, all jedi, in the post jedi order beginning of the Empire era. Obi-Wan can't fight or duel Vader, that would betray what he said in ANH that he hasn't faced Vader since what we now know was their fight on Mustafar, Inquisitors are jedi baddies that exist and make sense in this time period, Cal Kestis from Jedi: Fallen Order faced them as well, roughly in this exact time period, under nearly identical circumstances. 

They're the most common sense villains for this time period and were already established in canon, even Moff Gideon on Mandalorian wasn't a "new" villain, he was another Imperial baddy that made sense and fit into that timeline and period. There's no other Sith he could face besides Maul, which he eventually does on Rebels, he didn't face Vader between RotS and ANH which was stated in ANH, I think you're downplaying the Inquisitors too much, they make the most sense, they're the logical villains for a jedi on the run after Order 66, they exist because of surviving jedi from Order 66. Outside of some random, made-up sith or sith-like baddie that would have to be explained away, who should Obi-Wan face? Myself and many others already suspected Inquisitors would be a big deal in this, the timeline just makes sense, they're not Rebels enemies, they're enemies of surviving jedi. 

55 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Really? I missed the live action version of that .🥸

It happened on Star Wars Rebels, it was an absolutely brilliant moment and had tons of tiny details going on in it, it was beautiful. Easily one of the most meaningful and emotional lightsaber fights in all of Star Wars, from Obi-Wan changing stances from prequel to OT era, to Maul foolishly attempting to use the same move that killed Qui-Gon, it was easily one of the best moments in all of Star Wars. Rebels delivered some of the best moments in Star Wars period IMO, the Ahsoka and Vader moment was absolutely incredible as well. 

11 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Inquisitors make the most sense, what other threat could there be? Inquisitors were established in Rebels and the fantastic game Jedi: Fallen Order, they are a major threat in this time period and make the most sense. I'd honestly be disappointed if Inquisitors didn't show up, to me, that wouldn't make any sense, there's zero chance Obi-Wan didn't run into a single one of them between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. ANY jedi in this time period would have to have come across one at one time or another, they are literally the Empire's main jedi hunters, trained by Vader, Vader can't hunt them all down himself. Whether people like it or not, or watched them or not, Rebels, Clone Wars, Jedi: Fallen Order are all canon and integral parts of the Star Wars story, I absolutely love seeing their influence and creations running into the more mainstream stuff. 

The only problem that I have with the Inquisitors is that they have lightsabers.  To me, that's a shameless cash-grab to have another marketable lightsaber-wielding group that can be used to sell toys.  Force-sensitive and trained hunters, I don't mind.  But don't give them the glowsticks of doom.

6 hours ago, Dynaman said:

There is nothing wrong with Inquisitors but the ones in the trailer are the same ones from Rebels.  

5 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Bingo.

Only the Grand Inquisitor, and if Vader learns his old master may be alive he'd obviously call on him to help with the hunt, every other Inquisitor is new to the Obi-Wan series, they were an order, usually twelve members strong at any point. Still seems an awfully silly thing to complain about considering they're the most obvious villains for a Jedi on the run after order 66, it just wouldn't make any sense if they didn't appear in this considering the time period. Appearing on Rebels first means nothing, they were just established in canon on that show, for exactly these kinds of stories in this time period, it's why they were obviously a big part of Jedi: Fallen Order as well, that game covered a lot of territory we'll probably see repeated on this very series.

4 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

The only problem that I have with the Inquisitors is that they have lightsabers.  To me, that's a shameless cash-grab to have another marketable lightsaber-wielding group that can be used to sell toys.  Force-sensitive and trained hunters, I don't mind.  But don't give them the glowsticks of doom.

Star Wars was made to sell merch and toys to kids, that's the whole series. Lightsabers are the weapons of the force sensitive, some Inquisitors were former Jedi already, some were kidnapped force sensitive individuals who would've become Jedi, lightsabers would always be the main weapon. Jedi temple guards had lightsabers too, plenty of non Jedi and Sith used lightsabers.

I actually like that they made

Spoiler

the Grand Inquisitor a former temple guard.  Made the character slightly more interesting after the fact.

I will admit though:  I never cared much for the spinning lightsaber stuff.  Just impractical AF.

31 minutes ago, Mog said:

I actually like that they made

Hide contents

the Grand Inquisitor a former temple guard.  Made the character slightly more interesting after the fact.

I will admit though:  I never cared much for the spinning lightsaber stuff.  Just impractical AF.

Liable to slice of some rather personal and much needed body parts, I would imagine...

Kanan Jarrus already proved the impracticality of the helicopter-design on screen when he defeated the Grand Inquisitor and damaged 8th Brother's saber so...Scary yes, but not to the initiated.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:30 PM, Tking22 said:

It happened on Star Wars Rebels, it was an absolutely brilliant moment and had tons of tiny details going on in it, it was beautiful. Easily one of the most meaningful and emotional lightsaber fights in all of Star Wars, from Obi-Wan changing stances from prequel to OT era, to Maul foolishly attempting to use the same move that killed Qui-Gon, it was easily one of the best moments in all of Star Wars. Rebels delivered some of the best moments in Star Wars period IMO, the Ahsoka and Vader moment was absolutely incredible as well. 

Actually Obi-Wan beautifully goaded Maul into that foolish attack. He switched from HIS PT stance and to Qui-Gon’s stance. You can see Mauls recognition which gets him to try the same attack that worked all those years before. I agree, so much going on here it was amazing.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

On 3/11/2022 at 10:02 AM, Roy Focker said:

I don't have much hope for this series.  I do think it's great to see him back in the role.  I rather they didn't include all these cartoon characters.  If you're a fan of them I guess that's cool but I want to see threats created for this story.  Threats that you know could die during the show.  Already know Obi-Wan is going to make through the series.  Any fight he has with a cartoon character won't have much impact as both will live to fight another day.

I'm afraid they'll also pull a book of Boba Fett in this show.  We'll get an entire episode where Obi-Wan doesn't even show up.  Instead we'll see Boba Fett and Cade Bane rescue baby Yoda from Darth Vader.  

I'll watch it and though I'm sure it'll be good I just think a film would have been better as this could feel dragged out. Right now it's pushing the nostalgia buttons from the CLONE WARS and REBELS which seems overdone lately.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:45 PM, Dobber said:

Actually Obi-Wan beautifully goaded Maul into that foolish attack. He switched from HIS PT stance and to Qui-Gon’s stance. You can see Mauls recognition which gets him to try the same attack that worked all those years before. I agree, so much going on here it was amazing.

Chris

And got cut the other way this time around.

Spy doing questionable, immoral ish in the name of the “greater good.”  With K-2SO being a sarcastic bastard all along the way?

Could be interesting.  

Key word being COULD.  If Disney Book of Boba Fett’s this to make Cassian some upstanding hero, then yeah. . . not gonna work.

7 hours ago, Mog said:

Spy doing questionable, immoral ish in the name of the “greater good.”  With K-2SO being a sarcastic bastard all along the way?

Could be interesting.  

Key word being COULD.  If Disney Book of Boba Fett’s this to make Cassian some upstanding hero, then yeah. . . not gonna work.

24's Jack Bauer... Star Wars style, lol.

Hmmm... I'd actually pay to see something like that, lol.