Are the "wookie" scalps/braids/scalps that used to adorn Boba Fett's outfit no longer "PC" in the Disney Star Wars universe?  They are mysteriously missing.  Unless the Sarlacc's digestive acids disintegrated them along with Boba's hair?

Yeah...this show is delivering some visually great fan service, but so far it is not really adding much to the overall Mando-verse Disney seems to be building up...if it will amount to just fan service...they may as well toss in the live action Bad Batch team before the season is over...and his "sister".....

It's a shame all of this just leads up to depressed Luke and Force Dyads! :wacko:

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Are the "wookie" scalps/braids/scalps that used to adorn Boba Fett's outfit no longer "PC" in the Disney Star Wars universe?  They are mysteriously missing.  Unless the Sarlacc's digestive acids disintegrated them along with Boba's hair?

As he no longer considers himself a bounty hunter, i can see how he has no need for trophies. And they easily could have been dissolved in ye ole Sarlacc. As fas pc.. it's Disney..

5 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah...this show is delivering some visually great fan service, but so far it is not really adding much to the overall Mando-verse Disney seems to be building up...if it will amount to just fan service...they may as well toss in the live action Bad Batch team before the season is over...and his "sister".....

Lol  that would be awesome. But ya , I'm hoping it gets better . More Black Krrsantan would be cool. Except you know he's gonna save Boba later on , right?

9 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It's a shame all of this just leads up to depressed Luke and Force Dyads! :wacko:

Yes. Depressing. The trilogy not to be named. 
Well , there's at least this..!

51B403FF-9CF6-4446-8F21-269267045973.jpeg.4b2a6fd525392525ec881b097ebefd2e.jpeg

In space, no one can here you scream with laughter 🤣

I recommend you watch Peacemaker.  They uploaded the first 3 episodes, and they are much better than the first 3 episodes of Fett.  Both shows have a villain turned good or on the path.  Peacemaker's journey to that goal seems much more believable than Boba's.

What's is hurting Boba's story in my opinion is that Disney wants to keep Star Wars fun for the entire family.  Boba Fett is a killer, trying to be an honorable Tony Montana but Disney won't let him.  He doesn't have to go full Scarface but he's still in the business of crime.  Boba is running a protection racket.   Boba's new swoop gang could have easily refused his offer.  Boba would then have no choice but to beat up or even kill these poor little rich kids over water.  He could have also intimidated them to give back the water without physically hurting them.  Disney wouldn't allow any of those to happen because all those options is something a bad guy would do. 

Let's be real here, Boba Fett like his father before him has always had a penchant for making dumbass decisions. The Geonocians truly improved on the tactical thinking when making the rest of the clones.

Jango & Boba alike have a nasty habbit of thinking "this is gonna be cool" that's not tempered with a "but maybe it's not the smartest idea."  Sometimes it works out (dropping Solo in a hold & freezing him in carbonite), but more often it gets them decapitated or dropped in a pit.

Or getting tracked by some bearded Jedi.

Or engaging a Jedi in close combat, instead of keeping distance or attacking SMARTLY.

Or

Spoiler

getting your Tusken tribe slaughtered while you try to collect the protection money.

Exactly. The fact that Boba keeps trying to do good here & keeps creating bigger messes despite constant warnings is completely intentional from what I can tell. I fully expect Boba to wind up alone (maybe with Fennec) and ousted from Tatooine by the end.

I'd say something happened after the first 2 (episode IV & V) movies that has carried on ever since.  The badguys became comical.  In those movies they were a threat.  From episode VI they all start making more stupid mistakes.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

I'd say something happened after the first 2 (episode IV & V) movies that has carried on ever since.  The badguys became comical.  In those movies they were a threat.  From episode VI they all start making more stupid mistakes.

That did happen. George kiddified Return of the Jedi and wanted to wrap up the series as quickly as possible. So all the villains became buffoons to accomodate his desires.

So. . . umm, Vader?  Could’ve swore that scene in ROTJ elicited the biggest cheers last time I watched it in theaters.

And Han shooting first?  Seems like something a “good guy” would do. </sarcasm>

6 hours ago, Mog said:

So. . . umm, Vader?  Could’ve swore that scene in ROTJ elicited the biggest cheers last time I watched it in theaters.

Han shooting first was not bad - he had no choice.  Episode six (where Vader is redeemed with some of the most dreadful writing) is when SW went down the crapper.  The prequels cemented that locale.

9 hours ago, Mog said:

Han wasn't THAT much of a good guy a first, he was a cynical world wise smuggler who primarily looked out for number one.

Shooting first was perfectly in character, and meant that he read the situation and got the drop on Greedo.

Allowing Greedo to shoot first makes him look like an idiot who was super lucky that Greedo can't aim at point blank range.

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Shooting first was perfectly in character, and meant that he read the situation and got the drop on Greedo.

Agreed.

The original 3 SW films were solid gold compared to the bantha fodder the last 3 were.

All heated comparisons aside, i can see writing for Obi Wan is going to be easier as his story already has a predetermined beginning and end . With Boba, as much as i like the idea of expanding the character, i think they're getting it all wrong. I hope future episodes change my mind. As a member of The Mandalorian Mercs , i feel they're missing the spirit of the mysterious bounty hunter whose inspired such a massive fandom. They should have taken more tips from his portrayal in the EU. Just my 2 cents..

14 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Han wasn't THAT much of a good guy a first, he was a cynical world wise smuggler who primarily looked out for number one.

Wait...you didn't watch Solo?  Han personally kickstarted the Rebellion with a huge infusion of cash money!  He was a selfless do-gooder!....:lol:

Edited by jvmacross

50 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Wait...you didn't watch Solo?  Han personally kickstarted the Rebellion with a huge infusion of cash money!  He was a selfless do-gooder!....:lol:

I did watch it...and instantly forgot it.

Nothing in it was worth my time, other than the scene featuring the Imperial Naval Troopers. And then only because I hoped it meant Hot Toys was FINALLY going to make the Death Star Trooper.🙄

27 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

I did watch it...and instantly forgot it.

Nothing in it was worth my time, other than the scene featuring the Imperial Naval Troopers. And then only because I hoped it meant Hot Toys was FINALLY going to make the Death Star Trooper.🙄

Except that the introduction of Coaxium (dumb name) as a fuel source is the bit of plotonium/unobtanium that could make star wars tech somewhat plausible and turn Star Wars back into Sci-Fi instead of Space Fantasy, especially when you take the treatment/usage of Kyber Crystals in Rogue and TFA into account.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Oh man..🤣

Yes, mouse ears is going to continue to pump out this kind if disappointing content. ( no disrespect to Ron Howard). We just have to swim and sift through it for the gems. 

11 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Star Wars back into Sci-Fi instead of Space Fantasy,

Well Star Wars is a mix of both, but its never been hard sci-fi. We have slo-mo-jo lasers and sounds in space after all.

Now I appreciate the odd technical manual that tells me how blasters, TIE fighters and Deathstar Superlasers work as much as the next person, but there is such a thing as going too far.

I refer here to the Midi-Chlorians, which seemed to me an attempt to retro-rationalise the quasi-mystical nature of the Force away by people who "cannot allow the supernatural a foot in the door."

11 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Well Star Wars is a mix of both, but its never been hard sci-fi. We have slo-mo-jo lasers and sounds in space after all.

Now I appreciate the odd technical manual that tells me how blasters, TIE fighters and Deathstar Superlasers work as much as the next person, but there is such a thing as going too far.

I refer here to the Midi-Chlorians, which seemed to me an attempt to retro-rationalise the quasi-mystical nature of the Force away by people who "cannot allow the supernatural a foot in the door."

I'm with you on the Midi-Chlorians, and really felt that they were mishandled.  They could have been better explained as a parasite that exists in all things but prefer the force sensitive, and therefore are found in greater numbers in their blood.

The sound in space and slow lasers yes, that is pure nonsense, but in the OT could be written off as part of the times.  However, everything else could explained with a simple, theoretical, concept, Negative Matter.  Not Dark Matter, but Negative Matter that has negative mass and is actually postulated as part of General Relativity, but is minimally studied for a variety of reasons.  I went down the rabbit hole on researching it in college but ran into tons of dead ends so dropped it, until I played Mass Effect.  Element Zero is basically a means to harness negative matter, though in universe they say dark matter.  Thanks to the new Disney movies (R1 and Solo) we see almost definitively that the majority of SW tech is based around crystals (kyber, coaxium, etc...) and if they are somehow able to harness and utilize negative matter it explains pretty much everything, from why their ships maneuver the way they do to why light sabers don't immediately set everything on fire and their behaviors.  Even the DS Super Lasers, and smaller combining lasers, using kyber crystals fits the system.  Does it fix everything?  No.  But it does bring it more in line with proper, still softer, sci-fi.

2 hours ago, Knight26 said:

I'm with you on the Midi-Chlorians, and really felt that they were mishandled.  They could have been better explained as a parasite that exists in all things but prefer the force sensitive, and therefore are found in greater numbers in their blood.

The sound in space and slow lasers yes, that is pure nonsense, but in the OT could be written off as part of the times.  However, everything else could explained with a simple, theoretical, concept, Negative Matter.  Not Dark Matter, but Negative Matter that has negative mass and is actually postulated as part of General Relativity, but is minimally studied for a variety of reasons.  I went down the rabbit hole on researching it in college but ran into tons of dead ends so dropped it, until I played Mass Effect.  Element Zero is basically a means to harness negative matter, though in universe they say dark matter.  Thanks to the new Disney movies (R1 and Solo) we see almost definitively that the majority of SW tech is based around crystals (kyber, coaxium, etc...) and if they are somehow able to harness and utilize negative matter it explains pretty much everything, from why their ships maneuver the way they do to why light sabers don't immediately set everything on fire and their behaviors.  Even the DS Super Lasers, and smaller combining lasers, using kyber crystals fits the system.  Does it fix everything?  No.  But it does bring it more in line with proper, still softer, sci-fi.

Interesting.

I must do some reading It seems.

Edited by Podtastic

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

If half of what he's predicting happens, that would at least make sense where the story is going ( but notice he's not even holding his breath!) . 
Even so , there's still no good reasons to explain how we now have "Beta Fett".  And yes, i do expect cameos left and right, that seems to be dangled before us , just to keep us on the hook. It's also a great substitute for original and meaningful content to the story. I'll keep watching, of course..

15 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Interesting.

Ya me too. I'm going back to reading the Expanded Universe !

Having not read anything in the comics since I was about, oh, I dunno, 8 or so, I was curious to learn more about Krrsantan since someone told me that he's a significant character there. I'm really hoping that there was some reasonable explanation as to why he didn't just kill a completely defenseless bacta tank-napping Boba. I don't mean incompetence is a reasonable explanation, nor would I consider Wookiee "honor" anything other than a cop-out explanation. (He's a Wookiee, not a Klingon.) I mean, if the Hutts really hired Krrsantan to kill Boba... well, what were the conditions/terms (e.g. proof of the kill)? And why didn't he just shoot Boba right in the tank? Or did the Hutts maybe want him alive for some unknown reason? I feel like I'm missing something here. I did only get to watch the episode once and my kids were doing their best to divert my attention...

From the looks of it. There is no reasonable explanation . In the comics , Black Krrsantan is a ruthless killer who doesn't hesitate and doesn't fail. This is bad writing. This is Disney watering down SW.  I thought the same thing the whole time. What a cheesy fight. And the glitzy swoop bike kids didn't even scratch him. You would thing, amongst them , someone would have a lethal weapon.. 

21 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Interesting.

It get somewhat brain twisting, but the ways in which Negative and Positive matter interact fits how we see Star Wars tech react, especially the lightsaber.
Unlike magnets, neg and pos matter repel each other.  If a lightsaber uses a core negative matter constrained by an outer cold plasma stream, it would be "safe" to handle and would act as seen in the movies.  Light glance: burn and bounce away.  Hard swing, slice through with burn and cauterization.  The neg matter core "cuts" by pushing pos matter out of the way, the cold plasma then does the actual "burning."  Moreover, how it reacts with other Neg-matter makes sense.  Two sabers collide, bounce off due to the plasma sheath, but hit hard enough to penetrate the sheath and saberlock.  Watch how saber locks are disengaged, not by pulling, but by pushing.  Pulling at neg matter makes it more attractive to other neg matter, pushing forces it away.  (I said it can get brain twisting).
Extrapolating from there it all ties together:
Repulsors use small, spun up, negative matter cores that create a repulsive force against the closest object, the ground, etc... while lowering its effective mass.
DS Lasers, basically just big lightsabers that collect a massive amount of negative matter at the coalescence point and then release it towards the target, the negative matter is doing the actual destruction.
Hyperdrives, dense negative matter fuel systems spin up to mimic a lower to no mass craft allowing a ship to jump to light speed, and then break the hyperspace barrier.  The bigger the ship, the bigger the hyperdrive needed.  How it works in Hyperspace is a slightly different matter, but it still works.
How ships maneuver: given that all ships seen have at least repulsors, the lowered effective mass and particulars of how negative matter reacts would make proper Newtonian maneuvers difficult or even hazardous, hence more aircraft like movement.

I could go on, but would like to find my old write up on it first.

A semi-spoiler free mini review.

Episode 4 was a better than Episode 3.  I'd say Episode 4 should have been extended by 20 extra minutes and it could have been the first 4 episodes.  The other episodes were pointless filler that made Boba Fett look like an idiot.

When Boba and Fennec reappeared in The Mandalorian you might have been interested in learning how they got here.  Visually they gave you enough clues.  Boba was dressed as Tusken Raider.  We could have assumed he was either rescued by them or killed them.  Disney gave us 3 episodes of flashback of him living among them.  Episode 4 features a flash back of him finding Fennec.  In just a couple lines of dialog he explains where he's been all this time.   Those lines and his clothes are all you need. 

There's more cyborg stuff.  We know Fennec has a robot-stomach.   Fett takes her to Cyberpunk doctor with techno music that seems so out of place with Star Wars.  Fett also almost gets them killed be being a moron.  They have a slapstick scene with droids.

And he finally explains his motivations.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:30 AM, Knight26 said:

It get somewhat brain twisting, but the ways in which Negative and Positive matter interact fits how we see Star Wars tech react, especially the lightsaber.
Unlike magnets, neg and pos matter repel each other.  If a lightsaber uses a core negative matter constrained by an outer cold plasma stream, it would be "safe" to handle and would act as seen in the movies.  Light glance: burn and bounce away.  Hard swing, slice through with burn and cauterization.  The neg matter core "cuts" by pushing pos matter out of the way, the cold plasma then does the actual "burning."  Moreover, how it reacts with other Neg-matter makes sense.  Two sabers collide, bounce off due to the plasma sheath, but hit hard enough to penetrate the sheath and saberlock.  Watch how saber locks are disengaged, not by pulling, but by pushing.  Pulling at neg matter makes it more attractive to other neg matter, pushing forces it away.  (I said it can get brain twisting).
Extrapolating from there it all ties together:
Repulsors use small, spun up, negative matter cores that create a repulsive force against the closest object, the ground, etc... while lowering its effective mass.
DS Lasers, basically just big lightsabers that collect a massive amount of negative matter at the coalescence point and then release it towards the target, the negative matter is doing the actual destruction.
Hyperdrives, dense negative matter fuel systems spin up to mimic a lower to no mass craft allowing a ship to jump to light speed, and then break the hyperspace barrier.  The bigger the ship, the bigger the hyperdrive needed.  How it works in Hyperspace is a slightly different matter, but it still works.
How ships maneuver: given that all ships seen have at least repulsors, the lowered effective mass and particulars of how negative matter reacts would make proper Newtonian maneuvers difficult or even hazardous, hence more aircraft like movement.

I could go on, but would like to find my old write up on it first.

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the info ! 
@Roy Focker I'm gonna read your post after tonight, when i get to watch episode 4 for myself 🙂